“Run Down by Sheraton Standard”

Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #127 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
San Francisco
“Run Down by Sheraton Standard”
Reviewed May 8, 2006

The only redeeming quality here is the carne asada at the restaurant.

This place is run down and in need of room renovation. Room had a musty smell that they tried to cover up with some sort of sickening powdery/floral air freshener. The tile grout in the bathroom reminded me of the bathroom in the dormitory in college - not pretty.

I probably should have asked for a better room but it was late and it looked acceptable upon initial inspection. As mentioned by another reviewer, there probably are some decent rooms here....just make sure you get one, or be prepared to look forward to the check out process.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank clew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Scandia, Minnesota
Reviewed May 3, 2006

What a clash of extremes. From the outside, the place looked very Soviet-style housing circa 1967. Grim. And the parking deck? Even as a guy you could NOT get me out there after dark. But the public areas and the room were very clean. The room service food was fine. But what I liked? It was QUIET. Because of it's off-Century-Boulevard location, the HUGE hotels along that avenue block out the noise from that runway. I was at one of those properties the week before and by Day Two had come to distinguish the various throttle-up roars of various airliners. I could tell a 737 from an MD-80 from a 757 from a 747.

The internet connection in the room sucked. The cable didn't work. And the wifi SEEMED to work. I could get SOME e-mails but others, in fact the majority of e-mails that I sent, never arrived at their location. They're sitting on a beach in Uruguay having beers with Jim Morrison.

I liked the jazz combo they had playing. Very funky and eclectic. So, if you overlook the exterior, it's not bad. Not great. But for one night? Totally fine.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank Layover
los angeles
Reviewed April 26, 2006

I have written reviews on this hotel before, this is an update, I have always enjoyed the hotel, However I never pay more than $89 I am a SGP gold so maybe I get better rooms, I never have had a problem, the staff are friendly and the room is clean. The internet is free and they have a nice pool. As regard to other who had their credit card charged, I would not think this was a problem (if it happened) as you could easily get it reversed by your bank. I had a smaller pronlem at a hilton so it can happen I guess. This hotel is always good to me , however they do charge to park, so take care on that. But for a clean place to stay its always been nice to me.,

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank Executivetraveller
Atlanta
Reviewed April 15, 2006

WOW, not sure what the fuss was all about. My stay was extremely trouble free and most enjoyable. My reservation s was handled efficiently when I called to book my room. It was exactly as described when I arrived. The bellman who assisted me was very efficient, SHE, was by far a great asssest to the hotel. The check-in was a tad bit slow but once up at the desk the agentwere most helpful and seemed concerned about me. Upon entering the room I could not believe that this was an airport property as the beds were very inviting and made me want to jumpo right in.
I will admit that the hotel is due for an upgrade but other than that, I will definitely stay there again when I am in the LA area.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank Georgiaboy62
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 28, 2006

My husband and I recently stayed at the Four Points "Sheraton" hotel at LAX. We only stayed one night because we were in route to hawaii. I paid for an upgraded ("deluxe") room $169 a night in order to get a king room. Our first hotel room was much worse even though this one was awful, the first room you had to take outside in order to enter into your room... when we went into our room it smelt of disgusting cigerettes and the bath room was horindous. So my husband gets on the phone and asks for another room, they send us to (there nicer wing the east wing) first of all the elevators barely worked and as you are walking to your room through the hall way it smelt dingy and the wallpaper was comming off the wall from all the mold. Then we enter into the room this room is a touch better its a little larger than the first room but it still smelt musty and the bath rooms are horrindous they are sea green in color that had been over years stained yellow-green... gross. I remember getting excited when I read on their website because it says its been renovated and that they had duvee covers and plush beds... yes that was the case but I was seriously worried my entire four hours of sleep that bugs were on us, the sheets weren't clean we found hairs and all kind of nasty stains. I hope you find this helpfull, don't waste your money, don't stay at this hotel "Sheraton"'s name shouldn't be even close to this hotel
MAJOR Disapointment

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 26, 2006

The on duty hotel manager stole my credit card number and charged over $2000 to my card while I was on a 7-day cruise in the Pacific. I stayed here one night before departing for my cruise and this is the only place I used my card so I know it was compromised here. All I can suggest is DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I have been a loyal Starwood Preferred Guest for about 5 years now but I will never stay anywhere shady like a Four Points Sheraton such as the one at LAX :(

• Stayed March 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed March 25, 2006

hotel room was kind of shoddy. carpet was pretty dirty.

we were offered a non smoking room which actually wreaked of smoke. pretty gross.

the housekeeping staff were very nice.

the crib was very nice and clean and modern.

pool was warm and nice.

take advantage of the free bus to manhattan beach

3 Thank Lllongisland