“Terrible service, not worth the hassle”

Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #131 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed June 14, 2004

I got a fantastic price on my room, but it still wasn't worth it. I arrived into LAX at 9:30pm, and my next flight was at 7:30 the next morning, so I wanted to get to sleep quickly. I called for the shuttle from the airport and waited half an hour. When I called back and asked where the heck the shuttle was, the operator got upset with me because *I* was giving him attitude. When I finally got to the hotel, I had to wait in a line for 25 minutes. They checked me in, and when I opened the door to my room, there was some guy showering in there. So I had to go back down, wait in the line for another 10 minutes. It wasn't until 11:20 that I finally got into my room. Since then I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza - a little more expensive, but definitely worth the extra $10-$15 .

• Stayed: November 2003, traveled on business
5  Thank Dr_Nitro

Reviewed April 28, 2004

I'm actually a bit surprised by the bad reviews ... here's my perception. Nice lobby with wifi available. In the room, clean furniture, sparkling but small bathroom, room decor is average but fine, mattress was comfy, but there was no fridge which I could have used and the window was restricted from opening more than 2 inches. The staff was friendly, competent and accomodating. They changed my reservation to a 24-hour check-out (which I had forgotten to mention I needed when booking) at an even lower rate than I had seen on the net. I had a room on the second floor facing the front of the hotel so I could get the Wi-fi access typically available only in the lobby in my room - A PLUS for me. If you stay in the back part of the hotel you won't be impressed with the views AT ALL ... but if you face west - ie the front of the hotel ... well, you're at the airport and you can see the planes if that's your fancy. I wasn't bothered by noise from either neighboring room which was good as I hate that ... Room service ran about 45 min. for delivery. I didn't visit or use any of the restaurants, the pool, the gym, etc. but stopped in at the gift shop which had a relatively comprehensive selection of toiletries and snacks at high prices which is typical. The single draw back for me was the parking as others have mentioned. I either had to follow someone walking to their car to grab their space when they left or circle the entire lot to find the last remaining spot. In summary - the price (under 100) was right so I, for one, will be back.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

#70 of 355 in Los Angeles
The Westin Los Angeles Airport
#58 of 355 in Los Angeles
Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport

Address: 9750 Airport Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045-5404
Location: United States > California > Los Angeles > Westside
#77 Business Hotel in Los Angeles
Price Range: $122 - $210 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport 3.5*
Our LAX Hotel is conveniently located near the airport for quick access before and after your flight. Four Points Los Angeles Airport Hotel offers shuttle service to and from the airport. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
4 Points By Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport