“Clean but bare bones.”

Ranked #120 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
West Chester, Ohio
“Clean but bare bones.”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I will not stay here again. It was clean and functional but I felt like I was sleeping in a closet. Room was tiny and all of the space taken up with stuff. No chair other than the desk chair. I guess I am expected to sit or lay on the bed (nice bed) to unwind. For the price I paid, I was expecting a little more civility.

Room Tip: No advice here, I will not go back.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Unfortunately there are some smaller rooms in our 566-room inventory, but there aren't very many of them. I'm sorry that your room was small and you weren't able to relax properly. If you do decide to try us again, please feel free to email me a head's up and I'll make sure we get you in a spacious room next time. All the best! Phil GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Great to stay in for a night transiting through. Has 24 hour check in so that is very handy. Rooms basic but fine. We stayed with 2 adults and 2 kids. Very close to the airport. Airport shuttle frequent and easy to access. Pool good. Would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nissa72
Thank you for your business and for the nice review! The 24 Hour Check-In/Check-Out program works great for Australia travelers doesn't it? Come again when you can stay longer. There is plenty to do and we are centrally located near the beach. Best! Phil GM
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

The pool area is great. Sun for most of the day with heaps of space. The bar/restaurant is great with a wide range of beers available and friendly efficient staff. The gym facilities are good and overall the hotel is a nice environment to stay in. The hotel staff themselves are polite but not overly warm.

• Stayed October 2013
It was great that you mentioned the pool area! There is plenty of room to lay out and the shade stays away. We even have the pool bar open for the next couple of weeks and the pool is always heated. Interesting comment on the hotel staff being polite but not overly warm. I guess that's a negative. They should be friendly but not familiar...but that said, warm cheerful and welcoming is good thing. Thank you for your business and for the nice review (and especially for mentioning the beer selection!). Cheers! Phil
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had a stay in LA for the last day of our holiday to Disney world in Florida and because this hotel has a 24 hour stay it was perfect for us. We arrived at 9.00pm and left at 9.00pm the next night to travel back to Sydney on an 11.45pm flight. We spent the day at the pool and had a wonderful lunch and a couple of drinks. We travelled with our 8 year old granddaughter and she had no trouble keeping amused in the pool area where we took advantage of the pool cabanas. Will definitely be staying at this hotel again especially on the last night of a trip where all the flights back to Sydney don't leave until after 10.00pm.

Room Tip: It is worth the extra to book a junior suite especially if you have children and are packing to go h...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
It's great to hear that we not only take a little bit of stress off of a long trip but also provide some delight!!! I'm sure your granddaughter loved Disney World! Great recommendation on the Junior Suite for families as well! Safe travels!!! Phil GM
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was in LA for a couple of days and then heading to San Diego so needed to be close to the airport which made this hotel ideal. Check in was very pleasant thanks to the lovely woman at the counter. I regret not getting her name as she deserves special commendation for all of her advice and help. After check in I went up to my room and couldn't at first pinpoint what was off about the floor plan. I then entered my room and realized that all of the windows are outside the room (part of the hallway) and the faux window inside your room didn't lead to anything. If that sounds weird it's because it is. Some couldn't care less about a real window but I do. It was so bizarre to have a window that led to the hallway. Secondly, the cleaning staff left much to be desired. The coffee wasn't refilled and the room was missing an ironing board. Small things but they made a difference. Overall it was a decent stay and if I ever need to be close to LAX I would go back but not for more than a night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We have 150 out of our 566 rooms classified as Traditional. These are all part of an enclosed exterior corridor. All of our other rooms are what you'd normally expect. I've actually put up a picture of a Deluxe King so you can see the difference. The Traditional rooms are spacious and recently renovated however they do have the "weird" configuration you describe. My apologies on the Housekeeping deficiencies. That's not ok and I be sure to share this with our Director of Housekeeping. All the best! Phil GM
Billings, MT
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for one night (3rd hotel in 3 nights). We've stayed here in the past before so knew what to expect. I booked it on Hotwire. To us it's fine for one or 2 nights, but not someplace I would stay long term. Parking is $20 a night, so that adds to the room. The rooms are on the smaller side and the bathroom was smaller still, however, room was clean & that's a big plus in our book. Check in/out was quick & easy. It is just a basic hotel to us and was adequate for a night. I wouldn't book it on purpose as there are other hotels in the LAX area I'd rather stay at, but if got it via Hotwire or Priceline, I'd be fine with it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
The parking charge is candidly not very popular. Fortunately or unfortunately parking at LAX is hot commodity and every hotel charges. We keep our prices the lowest for a contiguous lot and I think we'll show as a great value if you add room and parking when you are shopping for a room. Thank you for the review. I hope that we can provide a little more delight on your next stay. Best!!! Phil GM As a hint - the rates are just as good through the hotel's website and you can book a Deluxe room.
Oneonta, Alabama
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My experience at the Four Points-LAX was very good! The room has comfortable beds, free Wi-Fi , and very nice soaps and shampoo; they also provide complimentary bottled water. The hotel is only a mile from LAX. Four Points has a shuttle to take you to your terminal.
There is a restaurant on property, but prices seem a bit high.
My wife and I stayed here for 1 night before departing LAX airport in the morning. Our room (5th floor) seemed of good quality.

The front desk staff were very good. Very professional, friendly, and helpful . Being so close to the airport we did not notice any problems with airport noise during our stay.

The shuttle to the airport was continuous about every 20 minutes, and got us to our airline promptly
Overall, this was a good stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind review! Thank you especially for mentioning the fact that the hotel is quiet and comfortable - free Wifi is a nice perk. Safe travels and I hope we'll be welcoming you back soon!!! Best!!! Phil GM