“Comfortable and clean”

Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #130 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Was only going to be in town overnight so I used my points to book a room at the Four Points LAX. I had stayed here previously and liked it, so decided to stay again. Front desk staff is very friendly and the room was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Aloha! and Mahalo! Best!!! Phil GM

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Check in staff very friendly and helpful.
Door greeters fabulous touch, with prompt service on getting vehicles, taxis and luggage.

The room had been upgraded a couple of years prior and not sure what it looked like before but the bathroom could use help.
Walking distance to shopoing and eateries. Perfect!

Functional business hotel. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for the kind words and for your participation in making Tripadvisor a great site! Thank you also for recognizing the front door staff - bellman, concierge, etc. All the best! Phil GM

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed at the Four Points LAX as a last minute choice when our flight was cancelled and we were forced to stay an additional 2 days. We were beyond thrilled when even though they were fully booked the night before they allowed us to check-in early as soon as they had a room cleaned and ready. They had a wonderful cozy lobby that we camped out in until then. The pool was great and we had wonderful service in the restaurant from Patty who did everything she could to make sure my 3 and 6 year olds were happy with their meal. We also got great advice on local activities from Esteban. So glad we were able to turn a negative experience into a positive by stumbling on this hotel! Very reasonable rate for all of the amenities the hotel offers as well!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

It's wonderful that you took the time to recognize Patty and Esteban. They were thrilled to see "their names in lights"!!! I'm also glad we could accommodate your schedule. Too many hotels hold to a schedule that is convenient for them as opposed to one that is convenient to their customers. Thank you for the cool review! Best!!! Phil GM

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Booked king deluxe on Hotels.com Starwood Executive Member. Complete Joke of a hotel. For someone that travels for a living, this was the worst experience in 25 years. Lousy room. Paid $225/night and would have had a better room at a Motel 6. No cable, "sorry, we're working on that". Twin beds, "oh, that must have been Expedia's fault." Lupe, your Manager said there's not much we can do. Give me a break. Save your money and stay at anywhere but here. I would rather drive to Ontario and stay at a roadside Inn than return to this place.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went. Needless to say I was extremely disappointed to see that things didn’t go well (an obvious understatement). We have certain expectations when we check into a hotel. One of the basics is that the staff will be knowledgeable of the room types and we will get the room we reserve. I can imagine that ending up in a room with two double beds after booking a king bed must have been extremely frustrating. In your shoes I also would have been extremely upset. I sincerely apologize!

I’m looking into your interactions so we can address this specifically with the person who checked you in. I’ll also have our Front Office Manager create some pop quizzes for the desk agents to make sure they know the room types backwards and forwards. My apologies again!

Your business is very important to us. I hope you will consider trying us again. If you do, please contact me directly to let me know when you are coming so I can make sure we take better care of you on your next stay.

Best!

Phil

Just a Hint - As an SPG member, when you book through a third party website we don't get any of your loyalty information. We don't get your number or your preferences.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We checked into the LAX Four Points for two nights prior to embarking on a West Coast cruise. As we never had a stopover before here, we were unfamiliar with Los Angeles. As a starting point to explore the city, we chose the LAX Four Points partly because of the promotion of pay your year of birth on second and subsequent days as well as its location on the ground transportation system. Indeed, the bus terminal is only 2 blocks from the hotel. We were able to catch local buses to Santa Monica and later to the cruise centre at San Pedro for very cheap fares. The hotel turned out to be very friendly with good concierge service, and had a superb pub with a vast selection of beers from local microbrewers, national and international brewers. The updated room and facilities were excellent. The only downside in this area is the absence of non-hotel restaurants, apart from a burger king across the street.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

There are a number of reviews that say "Good for a night" or something like that. You make a great point...that this hotel is an excellent option for a "home-base" in LA from which to explore. Thank you for pointing that out!!!! All the best and happy travels!!! Phil GM

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised by this property. Being a frequent guest at Four Points properties, I did expect the cleanliness and the service, but this property exceeded my expectations. The staff was extremely courteous and professional. The meals at the hotel restaurant were excellent. And the "little things" were very appreciated:. Fridge in the room, free wifi, bottle of mouthwash, hair dryer. Also, there is plenty of parking on the street within walking distance of the property. All of it added up to an excellent experience! We are returning to LAX in July and are sure to return to this property.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the kind words!!!! Hope to see you back again soon. Best!!! Phil GM

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

They did not have the room I wanted so they upgraded my room without me asking. The main problem was the taxi driver who insisted there was a mandatory $19 fee that was never mentioned. This person was not an employee of the hotel BUT a hotel bellhop confirmed this suspicious story!!!

Overall great stop, food great! The Manager of the restaurant who's from Guatemala was great and hot!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you taking time to write a review and thank you for your business!!! Nine days in a hotel is enough time to make a good judgment. I'm really glad we took excellent care of you. All the best!!! Phil