Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #130 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We'll answer that question in just a wee bit. First, we attended a Convention this last weekend (March 22-24 2013). Even though we live in Pasadena, we decided to make a weekend out of it and spend Friday & Saturday night at the hotel. Not too bad of a drive, we left at 5:00pm and we're inside the hotel lobby at 7:00pm.
Before getting to the lobby we parked our car and waited for a valet. No one came, so we unloaded our 2 pieces of luggage, garment bag, and guitar in case. Just as my husband was about to self park ($12, with Convention discount. Otherwise $19), a nice young man came out to load up our luggage. Nice guy...but it would have been nicer to have been greeted by him first thing.
When you walk in the lobby what you assume is the front desk (to your right) is actually a customer service counter. The lobby is down the way. Again, greeted by a very friendly gal. The 'Hotel Impossible' TV host would have been shocked though that she announced our room number for all to hear. Convention rate: $109 plus hotel and city taxes per night. King Bedroom.
We were given a room in the middle of the 7th Floor overlooking the pool. Clean white bedding, oh so comfortable bed and pillows. Mini fridge, no in room safe though, iron ironing board in closet. The bathroom a bit small, but fine for the 2 of us. Note: I sure wish it was standard building practice to include a fan/vent in all bathrooms. It just seems practical. The FP's bathroom was one without such animal. Oh well, we unpacked and went back downstairs to check into our Convention.
Our group was not particulary large, so we were given the San Diego Room 1 & 2, and an additional room about the size of an oversized classroom. This room was always warm, and the other rooms could be extra chilly. So, dress in layers.
After check-in, my husband and I were starving. The restaurant, Comfort, didn't look open. The lighting was soft and not very lit. But, we did see one couple dining. So, we walked 'in' and looked for a hostess. None. Ok, we'll seat ourselves. Very shortly after another nice man was handing us menu's, waters etc. We watched as we walked to the back, it was almost dark back there. The whole restaurant situation was just odd. If we hadn't seen the couple, we would have assumed it was closed. The following day, Saturday, the restaurant did close after lunch, a sign said it opened for dinner at 5:00pm. The bar had a limited menu, and a coffee/pastry area adjacent to the bar was open during the morning hours.
Do you love watching television? Then this is THE place to stay! Whoa....tv's galore in the bar and in the Atrium. Just mentioning it. The pool area was comfy, A sign said if you'd like anything from the bar just use the phone. No hot tub, darn, that would have been nice. I touched the pool water, it was heated.
We also used the small gym. We're no gym rats (or whatever you call 'em : D ), but we had a nice workout. Clean towels, clean gym, machines in good working order, personal tv's on the bikes, treadmills, etc, plus the large tv's!
As others have noted the elevators are slow, and too tiny for a hotel. And, yes one elevator had yellow tape around it the whole weekend. That said, all in all, we had a very nice experience here. That's definitely because of the staff management has hired.
Oh yes, Did I see Snookie? A member of our group introduced me to a young woman, I thought she looked familiar. He called her "Jersey Shore", I shortened it to "Jersey". Ok, she wasn't Ms. Snookie herself, but she coulda been her cousin!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

I just ran out to see if Snooki was still here. Rats! :) Wow, thank you for the super thorough review. It should be really helpful for the folks working on their hotel decision. A couple of things...the vast majority of our guests prefer to self-park. Being at LAX unfortunately it would be impossible for us not to charge and the $19 overnight already feel like a lot to our guests (although we are the lowest in the area for a contiguous lot). Therefore...our bell staff will happily valet but you will need to jump out and go to the Guest Services counter just inside the door to let them know. Regarding the bathroom fans, there isn't a switch to turn them on, there are fans on the roof that pull air up out of the bathroom all the time...no noise. Thanks for the entertaining review! Best! Phil

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed for 5 days/4 nights. When we arrived we requested a refrigerator for medication. Took 3 hours to get it to the room. Once it finally got there, management comped us for the delay. 2nd night was Friday and there was a party in the ballroom two floors below us. We could hear the entire thing until after midnight. Several complaints to security (thinking it was a party on our floor). Come to find out there is little noise cancelling between the floors. Was offered to be moved to another room (at midnight?). Declined; party was over in 20 minutes. Management comped our parking ($144 savings) 3rd day (Sat) we asked the front desk if there was another party scheduled so we could move rooms in daylight. Was told no. Turns out there WAS a party scheduled. Same routine as Friday. Would have moved rooms if they looked at the schedule correctly. Spoke with Management again Sunday and were given $40 food comp, free night as a SPG member for a future visit to Sheraton Hotels. Overall savings were great. They were quick to remedy the problems the best they could. Clean hotel. Great food, reasonable pricing. Were there for a business trip - this made it horrible for the late night noise and early morning meetings over the weekend. Wish this hotel had a jacuzzi or hot tub - would have unwound. Mental note for this specific hotel on weekend stays - get as high up as you can and as far away from the San Diego Ball Room as you can! 6th floor is not high enough! EXCELLENT customer service, bell hop, and hospitality.

Room Tip: Stay away from being around the San Diego Ball Room. Noise carries up to the 6th floor on that end o...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Its funny sometimes how reviews line up. I should have you talk to the guest who thought they saw Snookie above. There are some West Tower rooms that are above the San Diego Ballroom. There was a pretty sedate group in there and I know I didn't anticipate much noise or a late event. I apologize that we didn't get it quieted down for you. People have different tolerances for noise and I know we didn't get other complaints, but at the end of the day it kept you awake and I sincerely apologize. All the best! Phil

Reviewed March 26, 2013

very nice experience. the room was wonderful, the staff friendly and I loved the restaurant/bar that was open late. The price is very very reasonable. I will definitely recommend this hotel and be back. The pool area is very clean and relaxing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Some reviews I just want to say thank you. The positive feedback goes a long way with the staff who work hard to please a lot of guests with very different expectations and needs. THANK YOU!!! Come back and see us again. Best! Phil GM

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Due to flight delays we didn't arrive at the hotel until 4:00am. The reception staff were wide awake and accommodating - we were not wide awake.

Recognizing the lateness of our arrival time they offered to extend our checkout time by two hours. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. My only complaint would be that we didn't get enough time to enjoy it.

Check out was professional and easy. Staff were very helpful recognizing we were from out of the country assistance was offered.

Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the LA Airport area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Anticipating guest needs...we really try and its great when we do. Getting you a late check-out without you having to ask was brilliant. I love my front desk team! Best!!! Phil GM

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel due to its close proximity from LAX. And we weren't disappointed. At US$107 / night for a room with 2 beds, free wifi, and 24/7 free shuttle service to LAX, one can't complain anymore.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KenDNP
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for making us your recommended LAX hotel! We try to be a great value with a few WOWs here and there. Safe travels and I hope we'll be welcoming you back soon. Best!!! Phil

Reviewed March 22, 2013

First of all let me say this is a great location next to lax! Also the bar (Brewsters) is wonderful!!!! Great food items and brew! However the room was COLD! I called at around 7pm to tell them my room was cold. It was showing 64 degrees after I had thermostat up to 74 for two hours. The lady on the phone told me to turn off the thermostat, as they do not have heat even available until 10:30pm! Are you kidding me??? So I did and it got up to 67. Then at ten I was exhausted from the day and wanted to go to sleep so I turned unit on and up to 74, expecting heat to be on soon. However I woke up at 2 am freezing. It was 64 again. I just turned it off again. In the morning at check out I told my story to front desk and got an "Oh, sorry." That wasit. No charge removed or even an adjustment. I will not stay there again if I have to be cold. Loved the restaurant, but again, no satisfief customer for my room.

• Stayed: March 2013

One of the basic expectations we have of a hotel is that our room will be clean and comfortable. I can image that having a cold room with no resolution must have been extremely frustrating! My apologies!!! Please email me directly so I can make sure you get a great room with plenty of heat or cold, whichever you need for your next stay. Best!!! Phil GM

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Due to delayed flights and then missing my connecting flight I found myself stuck in LA for 24 hours. It was after midnight and I was so tired and had no idea where to stay. I happened to call the 4 Points and they were so kind and helpful! I got on the courtesy shuttle and the front desk was so kind. They found me a room, helped me up to the room with my luggage made sure I was all set and all the time with smiles all around! I found the room comfortable, clean and quiet. Ate in the restaurant the next day and the food was great as well.
I travel to the US from Australia every year and from now on I will stay at the 4 Points every year! I very much recommend this hotel and mostly because of the terrific staff!! Thanks for all the help and kindness!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

These are the great stories where something unforeseen happens and we need help when we are far away from home. As a hotel we understand the situation you are in and we put ourselves in your shoes and simply help. Thank you for the kind words and we of course look forward to welcoming you back. Best! Phil GM