Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #124 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sachse, Texas
“Good and Central”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is an overall good hotel for the price, i would not recommend the food but the service is decent. they do have a few employees that dont care and they ignore the line for gold and Platinum members if you are checking in. The price, rooms and location make up for some of the staff. Valet attendents are rude if you are not parking the car in valet where they cant make money they ignore you.

Room Tip: If you spend 2 r more days you will get tired of having the same thing at the breakfast bar
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
It doesn' sound like you had a good stay. The issue with the Platinum line came up about a year ago and we did some retraining. Sometimes it is intuitively hard for a desk agent, not working the Platinum line, to take a Platinum guest before the next guest in the longer line. There is no rude threshhold here. I have zero tolerance for any of our associates who are rude, unhelpful, or focused on tips over service. I'll share this with the team.

Thank you for your review!

Safe travels!!!

Phil GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Trabuco Canyon, California
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We've stayed at Four Points Sheraton LAX at least half a dozen times now on our way to a vacation. We drive up to LA the night before an early morning flight, park our car and enjoy easing into our vacation. The hotel rooms are clean and comfortable and we later go downstairs to the brew bar for an enjoyable dinner and drinks. Next morning we leave our car parked at the hotel till we return, and take the hotel shuttle to the airport. On our return a week later we walk out of the airport and onto the hotel shuttle again for the trip back to the hotel to retrieve our car. Much easier than rushing to the airport for an early morning flight and then having to park your car at one of the airport parking lots!

The perfect way to begin a vacation!

Room Tip: Join the hotels Starwood Rewards program for points for every stay.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
This a great and super helpful review! I'm told constantly by my operations team that our Park & Fly rate is too low. Bottom line it is convenient, a great value, and the good beer is a nice bonus. Thank you for the great review and for your loyalty! Best! Phil GM
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had a business travel for 3 weeks in LAX, which means I need to have a hotel as a home. And I chose the four points. It's a very great expierence to stay there. the room is big, and have a comfort working table. They provide a small size refigerator in the room, which i can keep some breakfast fresh or have some cold beverage. Staffs of the hotel are very kind, they try thier best to help every guest. I forget a package at the stockroom of them, when I try to find it, the staffs give me a lot helps. I'll stay there when I visit LAX next time.

• Stayed February 2013
So many of the reviews that we get are something to do with a "nice stopover hotel" or "good for one night". It is awesome to see a five-star review from someone who stayed with us for three weeks. I'm so glad we provided you with a great home away from home! Welcome to our extended family!!! Best! Phil
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Overall very good value for the price. Friendlier and lower key than the Westin, Sheraton and Hilton. Easy walk to a Subway and several other good restaurants. Room service was fine except the soup was not worth the amount they charged!

They have upgraded the gym a lot since I was last here and it has a separate cardio area, much more spacious and has free weights and benches. A great improvement!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Katya W
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I love that you said friendlier and more low key than the Sheraton, Westin, and Hilton. We're still a big hotel...but we have a small hotel feel...especially with great natural light in the public space and the cool pool. From the service side we strive to be nice, and it shows. Best!!! Phil
San Francisco
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My company has put a cap on hotel rates, so I was forced to try the 4 points vs. the Sheraton LAX or Westin LAX in order to comply. I think my rate was $125? I've stayed at both the Sheraton and Westin LAX for a $135 or $140 rate before...and trust me, you want to spend the extra $10 or $15 to move away from this 4Points. I can't say exactly what was off, but it really felt like a huge step below the other Starwood properties. The room was clean, but old, bed was okay, but the sheets were rough. I realize that 4 points are a bargain brand, but the rate wasn't THAT much below the others, but the facility is...
I will say the front desk staff were outstanding. Again, I can't say I wouldn't recommend this hotel, but for the few extra bucks I'd prefer a bit more upscale hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
When you compare us against the Westin and Sheraton we are different. I'm biased obviously but I see a ton of positive differences. Our lobby is bright and airy, not huge with brass and glass. Our pool area is way nicer...and exponentially nicer when the pool bar opens in May. I think our associates are friendlier...perhaps because they try harded, And...we have the best bar at LAX and maybe one of the best in any hotel for sports, beer, cocktails, and food.

Do me a favor and if you read this please send me a head's up before your next stay so that I can take extra good care of you.

Best!

Phil
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Efficient check in, room ok, some bathroom maitenance required. Parking lot was full, difficult to park later in the evening. Overall, good value and decent property. SPG room not a great room, no water and toilet seat needed repairs. Can hear planes if staying on West side of building.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Short and to the point. Obviously there are some issues where we didn't fulfill our promise. There should always be a complimentary bottle of water and the room should be well maintained. I apologize that we didn't get these right. Best! Phil
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Being a Starwood member, I thought I'd pick up some quick and easy points for a one night trip to SF, with a package offering free parking. The hotel is dated, the rooms were tired, and I found it barely average. Definitely below some of the other Sheraton's I've stayed in. But a future deal breaker for me, and possibly you if this matters, is that the parking lot is a strange affair, way out back, with most spots far far away from the hotel. This is a scary place to be late at night for parking, or for your late night return. Yes, there were big flood lights out there, but I thought that was because they were trying to scare away the many predators who would find a lonely traveler out there a good mark. The "free" shuttle doesn't run very often either.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank M in L.A.
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Honestly in your shoes I don't think I would have felt the same way about the parking lot. Perhaps because I know how secure the lot is. Candidly there is one entrance and exit to a lot that is contiguous to the hotel. There are spaces right up against the back door and there are CCTV cameras that are monitored 24/7. Regarding the lighting we did recently brighten the lot but it was in response to simply having adequate light, not in response to any incidents. We've actually never had any type of incidents in the parking lot - at least going back 15 years.

The shuttle is free to guests and runs every 15 to 20 minutes. We share a shuttle with the Westin. There are ambassadors at the hotel stops and we have a large GPS monitor at the front door that shows where the shuttles are so that we always know how long until the next shuttle arrives.

I appreciate your review and I apologize that you didn't feel safe.

Best!