“Great Hotel for LAX Layovers”

Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #116 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Hotel for LAX Layovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had a ten hour layover at LAX and this hotel offers very convenient day rates with 24/7 free shuttle service to LAX. The restaurant has a very nice selection of beers and very good pub food. The bartender provides outstanding service. This was my second stay at this location and I will continue to come back.

Room Tip: Check out the day rates if you have a layover at LAX.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thanks for providing a great example of the service an airport hotel should provide for lengthy layovers. Our 24 hour check-in/check-out program gives you the flexibility to check-in when you need to. Just fill in the 24/24 form when you book your room on our website and let us know when you are coming. Brewster's Beererie or the Brewster's Pool Bar (May through Oct) offer a great place to drink flavorful and in some cases hard to find beer, so killing time doesn't mean wasting time. Thanks for your loyalty and for taking your valuable time to write a helpful review. Best!!! Phil GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (583)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Comayagua, Honduras
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

As usual, another great stay at this property. From the Preferred Guest benefits, to the friendly staff, it is always a pleasure to return to this hotel. I have read some not-so-good reviews about this property, but can only imagine that they are from folks who either don't travel much, or stay in not-so-good properties. I have never had a noisy room or bad service at this hotel. It is an older property, and therefore may not have a five-story high lobby, but it doesn't feel enclosing in any way. It's lobby and restaurant are light and airy. I for one will continue to recommend this
hotel to any travelers through LAX. And by the way, I've seen shaky guests at the Ritz!

Room Tip: Higher floors give a great view of the airport traffic, but without noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Great points! We like to be different than the commoditized big box convention hotels. The lobby is light and airy, the pool area is the best at LAX with cabanas and a pool bar, and the people...I know who he was talking about and the young people he thought were upstairs stealing his luggage were actually on their way to protect our Country. It doesn't always pay to draw conclusions. Thank you so much for your business, your loyalty and your kind words. Please look me up on your next stay. Best!!! Phil GM
Issaquah, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

The "traditional" rooms are bad smelling, the "deluxe" rooms are not much of an improvement... And their "preferred guest" rooms barely resemble what a "normal" 3 star hotel room should look like.

Extremely disappointed.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel all together/
2 Thank FromSeattleWA
I'm not sure how to respond to this review with so little detail. I'm sorry you had a horrible stay. I'm here everyday and I read every guest review. I also talk to as many of our guests as I can in person. We're not perfect but I'm confident that 99% of the time we do a good job and the guests have a great experience. I can tell you that the staff are nice people who care and put in the effort. All I can say is contact me and let's try it again. Best!!! Phil GM

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

A nice hotel.. Quite a nice room, nice pool.. but.. expensive (not free which was a shame) , small parking... long waiting for reception desk.. and as our breakfast was not included in room price, we paid for one.. which was a mistake.. Expensive and not a nice breakfast.. we had much nicer breakfast (for free) and Best Western and other, smaller hotels so were quite disappointed.. Very close to the airport and to Manhattan Beach which we loved.. but would not stay again.. not worth your money sadly...

Room Tip: Don't eat breakfast there..
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm reading nice hotel, nice room, nice pool but not free. From a pricing standpoint we shadow our sister hotels the Sheraton and the Westin. Personally I think we are a great value as a full-service hotel at a limited service price-point. Nothing is free. If breakfast or parking are free I can assure you that the revenue for these are included in your room rate. We price a la carte so that if you don't have a car or you don't eat breakfast you aren't subsidizing someone else's stay. What we do provide free is WiFi and a bottle of water in the room. Candidly we hope we aren't competing with the Best Western. All the best! Safe travels!!! Phil GM
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Room was par but customer service was below par. Wait staff in resturaunt in the morning was extremely lousy. Once coffee was delivered, never to be seen of again. Did not stay entire reservation originally planned.

• Stayed February 2013
I think someone wondered if it was a full moon in one of their reviews... I sincerely apologize that we dropped the ball on customer service. Obviously that is huge deal for me! However, in my two and a half years here I have never had a complaint about the service from the breakfast staff. They've been here for years and I tell you that they are on it. Best!!! Phil GM
canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We gave this place a shot but were not neccessarily pleased especially based on all the good reviews..........not sure what they are reviewing ?
The place is definately old and you can feel that as soon as you walk in........low ceilings and you just get that feel - can't explain it.
The service agent did an excellent job checking everyone in by himself - very efficient.
We got to our room and again - maybe they have tried to spruce it up but still that feel ??? Bathroom is tiny with the old vents showing and pipes underneath the sink etc., Again nothing dirty or really bad but just did not have the comforting feel. Soundproofing was really bad and it sounds like there is alot of joining rooms with doors...........well we got one of those and I can't stand those - we could easily hear the tv on in the other room and I'm sure they could easily here us especially at 3:00 a.m. when we had to get ready for the airport - and to boot the door was right beside the bathroom door so the toilet, sink , shower, metal shower curtain rods etc., you get the picture.
We went down for some beer which they are famous for and a bite to eat. I don't know - it was nice I guess to have all those choices of beer ?? I just wanted a cold beer and that is what I got - the service and food was good and we were happy.
While sitting there plus in the the lobby plus being in the elevator - the clientele at this place seemed a little shaky ?? I almost felt as we were in the bar eating someone was robbing our room :):) luckily that did not happen but with all the choices in the area I probably would not stay here again unfortunatley. I am sorry to say that as I know the GM pays alot of attention on trip adivisor and flyer talk but I need to be honest.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
In all honesty I really appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts. I think that the purpose of this forum is to paint as clear a picture of what to expect from a hotel as possible. No one and no place is perfect.

Not everyone is going to like our hotel. It is definitely different than the competition. Personally that's why I enjoy my job. Different is good. I flatter us by saying that we compare ourselves with Russell Wilson. Too short? ...apparently not. We try to create a different environment than the big box brass and glass convention hotels where the experience is commoditized. The result is that we try harder.

As for the "shaky" clientelle I would just encourage you not to pre-judge. Looks can be deceiving. Last and least...you can get a cold beer anywhere if you don't care what it tastes like. (People that know me know I couldn’t resist that comment).

All the Best!

Phil
GM
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Rooms are very good well equiped and clean, very nice bed and breakfast is good, you can feel the sheraton touch in this hotel, service is as usual standard, a bit dificult to find if you are driving there is shuttle bus to LAX,

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate your review and your business!!! Cheers! Phil