“Average airport hotel, dirty rooms”

Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #115 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
New York
“Average airport hotel, dirty rooms”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here for one night ahead of a early morning flight from LAX. I was only in the room a total of 8 hours so I was really only there to sleep.

Check in was quick and the lobby and common areas looked nice. However, upon arriving at the room it was a different story. The room looked as if the beds had been made and toiletries replaced, but no real cleaning done. Walking around without my shoes I could feel the dirt buildup on the carpet and the bed sheets felt rough and as if they hadn't been properly washed. I also found stray long hairs on the floor of the bathroom and dirt under the rim of the toilet.

Overall the stay was functional, but I do not think I would return given the condition of my room and as there are plenty of other options around LAX.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank James I
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Its always an embarassment to hear that a room was dirty. We have a system for cleaning and inspecting rooms that works well. On occaission a room gets rushed for some reason and unfortunately this is the result. My sincere apologies. In your shoes I also would have given us a terrible review. We'd obviously love for you to give us another try. I'm certain that everything will be spic and span for your next stay. Best!!! Phil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Plano, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Our room was at the end of an unlit unoccupied hallway. It was very scary to get to and we were not comfortable. All but 1 elevator was broken and that one was scary to be in because it felt like it was on it's way out too.

The "shuttle" the hotel advertises going to Manhattan Beach and El Segundo is actually a 3 block walk through a questionable neighborhood. The hotel sold us tickets, kind of waved us down the street and didn't bother to tell us that the shuttle had already done it's last pick up. The shuttle was the ENTIRE reason we picked this hotel and would have stayed elsewhere had their website not been so deceptive.

I was very uncomfortable here and would NEVER reccommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jess Y
It's funny. We preach "seek first to understand then to be understood". It's always important to put ourselves in our guest's shoes. I can understand how you would have thought a hallway was unoccupied but we run high 90's occupancy year-round and I can assure you that no guestroom hallway is unoccupied. Our security is staffed with at least two officers 24/7 and we have 50+ digital cameras that we monitor 24 hours a day.

The West Tower elevators have a different feel to them since they are hydraulic. Perhaps that was the issue with it feeling like if was going out. Overall we have six elevators serving the guest floors. The East Tower elevators are traction and significantly faster.

The Manhattan Beach shuttle is a great option. It is run by Gateway to LA and leaves from a pick-up spot in front of the Marriott. This is one block from the Hotel and the whole block is the Marriott. The shuttle starts at 9 in the morning and the last run to Manhatten Beach is at 8 pm. I'm not sure where it is deceptive, but I'll look into it.

I wish you all the best and thank you for taking the time to write a review. Safe Travels, Phil GM

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Irvine, Ca
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed the day before our morning flight. Check in went smoothly. The shuttle as very efficient.
We were going out of town for 3 days so we used the parking structure across the street at Airport Center. We pre-booked the parking on the internet and it was half the cost of hotel parking. The hotel has a park and fly package, but it is designed for people who need 7 days of parking, so it didn't make sense for us.
Our room was on the preferred guest level which was, thankfully, on a high floor of the west tower. We had an odd number room, which ended up being a problem. There are a few gigantic rental car return lots outside this side of the hotel. These lots are VERY bright (flood lights) and quite loud. I will return, however, I will simply ask for an even numbered room.
Basically, efficient check-in, clean rooms, comfortable bed, close to airport, convenient shuttle.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Irvine-Robbie
Woodbury, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My stay at Sheraton was brief but pleasant. I was just passing through LA and needed to stay close to the airport and at a hotel that provided a shuttle to and from. The driver of the shuttle was professional and did not hesitate to help me with my luggage. The staff at check in desk were very helpful and courteous. Very professional. I had arrived way before the regular check in time and my room had not been ready. The check in agent notified housekeeping and asked them to put a rush on readying the room for check in and I had to wait just an hour. It was much appreciated because I had just come off a 12 hour flight from Australia. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who may be staying in LA.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The service was very nice. Perhaps the carpets just needed to be cleaned. The location was good for getting to and from the airport, and the airport shuttle was timely and the driver was polite and professional. The exercise area was nice, with a lot of machines and it was open 24 hours a day. Despite being close to the airport, it was not noisy at night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank inweinberg
I know I hate smelly rooms. It can be caused by the Housekeeping chemicals or just the food that the previous guest had. In any case we should recognize that there is an odor in a room and fix it before we rent it. My apologies for not getting this right for you. I hope you will consider trying us again. We'd love the opportunity to welcome you back. Best! Phil
Reviewed January 17, 2013

What a great place to stay near the airport. Had a great craft beer bar, clean and well appointed rooms, quiet rooms and a shuttle to the airport. I was greeted with courtesy on check-in, given an upgraded room and helped with arranging dinner for the night. What more could you want?

• Stayed January 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I only stayed for one day on my way through LAX, but found the hotel offered great value, and the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. My room was spotlessly clean, comfortable and quiet. The internet was fast and free, and easily connected. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in LA and needing to be near the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for the great review! The positive reinforcement goes a long way with the team here. Clean, comfortable and quiet along with a friendly staff kind of covers it doesn't it? I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back! Best!!! Phil