Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #130 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We loved the pillows in our room. They weren't the standard, inexpensive, formless foam style that most hotels provide. These were king size and, for the lack of a better term, cushy. They could be formed just the way needed to get a good, comfortable night's sleep.

The front desk service was very courteous and the room super clean. We would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

It's funny, our typical script at check-out has us asking the guests how their stay went. What we should really be asking is "how did you sleep?". We're in the business of providing our guests with a good night's rest. There are alot of things that go into that such as feeling welcome and secure, having a clean room, and definitely having comfortable pillows. Thank you very much for the kind review and I wish you the best for 2013! Phil GM

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport

Reviewed December 31, 2012

The hotel was easily accessible right from LAX, via free shuttle. The hotel is beautiful and has free fitness center, pool. The bar/grill is open late and the food and service is very good. The rooms were very comfortable and nicely updated. Hotel is very accessible to persons with disability or limited mobility. Most reasonable rate in town for the high quality!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great review! You got so many good things into a short paragraph, from comfort to accessibility I think you covered it all. I'm so glad we took good care of you and I hope we'll be welcoming you back soon! All the best for the New Year!!! Phil GM

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Very impressed with the hotel's cleanliness, and great location. Most impressed with entire staff...Martin gave great directions to get to the ocean. Also very comfortable bar atmosphere as well, with friendly talkative bartenders and great bar food.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

We sort of sit in the middle of the largest hotel sub-market in Southern California. There are alot of rooms near us that are equally as convenient. Where we have to be better is in areas like cleanliness and friendliness. Martin is the best! Thank you for recognizing him. This means alot to him and to the whole staff. All the best for the New Year!!! See you back soon I hope. Phil GM

Reviewed December 28, 2012

The hotel is in a great location with easy access to all areas of Los Angeles. The restaurant had excellent food (especially the fish tacos). Comfortable and clean rooms. What stood out the most however was the excellent staff. Everyone had a smile and was very eager to help. The front desk manager, Adam, was especially outstanding. He made sure our special needs were accomodated in an extremely professional yet personal and friendly manner.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Elana M

I also LOVE the fish tacos!!! Thank you for the great review. And, thank you for recognizing Adam. The Front Office Manager position can be extremely stressful and the KUDOs from our guests really go a long way. What really resonated with me was your observation that "everyone had a smile and was eager to help". This is what's important in making our guests feel welcome. I hope we'll see you back in 2013! All the best!!! Phil

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Booked here for the last night of my US trip. Convenient to & fro LAX (free shuttle). There's also another shuttle where you pay USD 5 (if I can remember correctly) which takes you to Manhattan Beach & some shopping mall and some other places, it's like a hop on hop off type of thing, so quite good value. No complaints during my stay but nothing great either, just very average comparing to other Starwood properties. Reservations made by PA who is Starchoice & SPG to chalk points & she usually gets me free upgraded rooms but not here, doesn't bother me as it is only a short stay by myself but it would have been nicer if I did.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Trvlbug1974

Thank you for the kind words. I hope that when you return we can move the needle from Average to Excellent. Safe travels and all the best in the New Year! Phil GM

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We booked the hotel just for one night, basically just to sleep in as we arrived late and had an early flight the next morning. Once we got to our room, we were greeted with a loud humming noise. We called the front desk and they sent up an engineer. He told us he wasn't sure what the noise was- probably a problem with the air conditioning vent.

We were then told to go downstairs, and we're subsequently given a different room. The noise wasn't much better here, and combined with a broken shower and moldy bath tub, as well as questionable sheets, our stay was pretty awful.

Also, the rooms have windows out in to the hallway, so you could hear, and see, the people walking by.

The complementary shuttle to the airport was the only saving grace, along with the staff being happy to give us a different room.

Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

After reading your review I can tell you that I also would have been very frustrated with your stay. One of the basic expectations staying at a hotel is that we will be able to get some rest. Between the mechanical noise and the questionable housekeeping I'm sure you were justifiably frustrated.

We've since sorted out the source of the "humming". Regarding your room, we have 150 of our 566 rooms in the Center Tower. All of these rooms are classified as Traditional and all the rest of our rooms are classified as Deluxe. Our Deluxe rooms are a significant upgrade from our Traditional rooms and I would encourage anyone to book Deluxe as they still represent a great value in the LAX market.

Your business is very important to us. If you do want to give us another try please feel free to email me directly and I'll make sure we take much better care of you.

Happy Holidays!!!

Phil GM

Reviewed December 27, 2012

A great location near LAX, but you will also hear planes coming and going all the time too. I've stayed here twice, for one night each, and the sole reason was so that I could park my car here at no charge. About 5 years ago I stayed one night and was able to leave my car here for 14 nights at no extra cost. I stayed here in Dec. 2012 and did the same, but this time I think I got 10 free nights. I used my AAA discount and the room was $149. When I checked in, I was upgraded to the "Deluxe" room because I was a Starwood Preferred member. The deluxe has plenty of space, but not much else. Carpet and furniture looked old and in need of upgrading, and the bed was hard and not that comfortable. I've stayed in Sheratons that had awesome comfy beds and pillows, but not this one.
The restaurant/bar downstairs was good. I had a hamburger, and it was delicious and rather large. The drinks were very good too. I'd stay here again if I needed extended free parking for flying in/out of LAX, but I wouldn't stay here for vacation or even for business trips. The staff was very nice, friendly and helpful though.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room that doesn't face the runways.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

We're definitely not satisfied with average. For your review it seems that everything went well and that the Park & Fly package worked well for you. Candidly the beds all have a brand new white linen bedding package. I would say the Westin beds may be a little softer. That said, we need to provide a great sleep as a minimum standard no matter what people's taste in beds is.

Thank you for your review and I hope you will consider trying us again.

Happy New Year!