“Good stopover place between International flights”

Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #129 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I love the comfortable beds and ample rooms with windows and sunshine. Nice pool if its warm enough to swim outside. I arrive early and generally get an early checkin which is essential after a 15 hour flight and the shuffle through customs. Sometimes I pay extra for a late check out as my outbound flight is generally late at night.

I am a Starwood member so I get the newly renovated rooms.

Room Tip: Be sure and ask for the east wing renovated rooms.l
1  Thank Laura S
Write a ReviewReviews (3,310)

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We are Starwood members, but Sheraton Gateway was too expensive to spend less than 12 hrs. at LAX, so decided to stay at the Four Points. One always thinks of the Four Points as the "step-sister" to the Sheratons and Westins. Well, we didn't find it to be a step-sister at all, but a very comfortable, clean, inviting hotel. It had everything you could want and more, from check-in to check-out. Bed was super comfortable, great flat-screen TV, good bathroom and shower, very clean, attractive, and the staff was most hospitable and welcoming. We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay and would definitely return and recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thpooh
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel was pretty average. Rooms were okay. Service was slow. The bar was pretty good. Not the best of locations although it is convenient to the airport. Not much else to say other than just average.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here for business on November 7-9, 2012. Let me start with the positives...First time I stepped in the hotel lobby, I felt pretty good about the hotel...it smells "clean." And the lobby overlooking the pool area looks really inviting. It's also wonderful that WiFi is free!!! I can actually do work in the comfort of my hotel room without paying for the extra $$ for WiFi!!! The lobby looked nice, comfortable and inviting. The room I stayed in was clean, although the duvet had some holes (looks like cigarette burns). The bed and pillows were comfy. The check in was excellent and fast...the front desk staff (her name starts with Jae-, I don't remember the rest), was super friendly. She even gave us directions to the mall!!! When I returned to my hotel room, I decided to shower...and almost everything went downhill from there!!! The tub drain was so clogged the water went up my ankles!!! The sink drain was clogged as well!!! I called the front desk regarding the drains and the staff said, "we'll have someone look into that." The next night...the drains were still the same!!! Like it no one "looked into it." The restaurant and the bar had very limited choices of food. If it wasn't raining, I wouldn't have eaten there...plus our server was not friendly at all!!! We had to ask for bread...since everyone around us received a basket of bread. On my last night there, November 8...I smelled smoke on the 4th floor. Again I called the front desk, and of course, I received the same answer as the night before!!! And oh...the 4th floor ice machine was broken...the lady at the front desk told me that "there is a ice machine on the 3rd floor." How inconvenience!!! Had my place of employment didn't pay for this room...I wouldn't have stayed here.

1  Thank charmezee
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had a 1-night stay prior to an outbound flight at this LAX hotel location. We are Starwood Vacation Property owners and thus, usually stay at Starwood hotels. This FourPoints Sheraton is a cool little place with great location...ambience...restaurant/pub with an incredible selection (HUGE) of craft, micro brew beers and great food. Staff goes beyond the call to assist...be friendly and provide classic Starwood 5 Star service. Everyone, from the lobby greeter, bellstaff...security....front desk manager....wait staff in resturant...all superior! AND....the fact that we were able to stay there the night before flight...leave our car in secure lot for the 8 days we were away, have FREE to/from airport shuttle service and do ALL that for just a tad over $200 was a super value. I thank the General Manager, Phil Baxter for his prompt (and personal!) email response to a generic post-stay survey we were emailed and filled out. WOW....a personal response from the GM! .... that says a LOT about how much the hotel and brand cares about delivering top-flight service. Great job FourPoints Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport! You ARE our go-to hotel when at LAX.
Thanks again, Phil.
Sincerely
Harry and Colleen Wick

Room Tip: All rooms are just fine for any ambient noise...remember....it IS an airport hotel close to runway a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HarryandColleen
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Spent one night here as we were flying out of LAX the following day.

Check in was efficient and my Starwood Gold status recognised and offered all the benefits this brings. Room was simply furnished and clean.

We ate in the Comfort restaurant for dinner. Waited a while for the food. The service was average as was the taste of some of the dishes. After dinner we had a drink in Brewsters Bar which was good. Also good for people watching but less said about that the better!

I had booked room and breakfast which entitles you to the breakfast buffet. Choice of food at the breakfast buffet is very limited and once its gone it isn't replenished it appeared.

Our room was on the Starwood Preferred Guest seventh floor. As the top floor in the hotel we must have been below the air conditioner equipment on the roof as the constant noise made it difficult to get to sleep.

The hotel does have a good location for LAX and offers a free shuttle service to the airport every 15 minutes. Some parts of the hotel are looking a little worn and could do with a little tender care. OK for one night but if in the area again I would choose to stay at another Starwood hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I took advantage of the FOUR POINTS LAX Park and Travel program for a business trip and was completely delighted with my experience. Not only is it a great value for a longer trip to leave your car there, but the hotel accommodations were excellent. Best pillows on the bed which made the quick overnight a pleasure. The room was very nice and clean and well appointed. The ammenities in the Restaurant and Bar are beautiful. It is all upscale. The check in person was helpful and extremely friendly. I will definitely do it again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the North Wing. Very nice.
1  Thank Steve O