“Great place to stay”

Ranked #119 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Fresno, California
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We have stayed here a couple of times and will continue to stay here. Our group is always too big for one room so they accomodate us with adjoining rooms. If youre
using the park and fly option you can't beat the price. It costs as much to park the
car for a week as it does to get a room one night and leave the car for a week. Never
have had a problem with car care, as I have at other hotels. And love to get rooms
that allow us to watch all the planes come in. Don't worry, you can't hear them!
The staff is amazingly friendly and helpful. Front desk checked us in quickly, baggage
guy was so funny talking to us about how we had "just missed the apocolypse." We arrived just past 6pm on May 21st! And he also helped us get our airline tickets at the
hotel so we could avoid the crazy lines at LAX. We ate in the lounge and had Cesar as our waiter. Such a nice guy! When we picked up our car a week later. We were out in seconds. I highly recommend Sheraton Four Points!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I did the Park Sleep Fly option of getting two weeks of parking and then staying in the room at the end of the trip. The hotel is very nice and convenient to the airport. But it is really beyond my price range. I don't think I can afford to do this again at that price.

The hotel restaurant was especially over-priced. Six dollars for a scoop of ice cream!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
PBFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay! Generally our Park, Sleep & Fly option is one of the best values at LAX. I hope you will try us again. My only suggestion would be to ask for the AAA discount on the package. Your business is important to us and I hope to be welcoming you back soon. Best! Phil GM
Hewitt
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Stayed at the hotel before and after my honeymoon cruise. Upon initially entering the hotel, an employee from the guest services desk almost trips my wife and I. While I was checking into the hotel, the same guy tries to flirt with my wife (on our honeymoon) and offers to help her with her bags. Why did he not offer to help when "we" were walking in? A female behind the counter was laughing while watching him in action. We booked a night city tour through the hotel and asked about options for a ride to the port for our cruise the next day. The concierge said she would take care of it for us. She should have told us it was going to cost $70 bucks for the ride instead of us finding out when getting out of the car! After arriving back at the hotel following our honeymoon cruise, the concierge again offered poor advice when we asked about transportation options to Hollywood. She said it would not be easy for us without having a car and advised us to catch a shuttle from LAX. Terrible advice. Another $35 wasted and we had to walk several blocks to our destination and were left with no ride back to our hotel. After asking a tour guide we booked outside the hotel, he advised we take the train back to LAX and then the hotel shuttle. We could have spent $12 total! Avoid booking tours thru the hotel as well. The breakfast is rediculously overpriced. The room was terrible both nights. A terrible overall experience. I left a review at the desk when checking out. The general manager has yet to contact me, but I am willing to bet that he responds here....

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank csulak

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

florida
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Just need a hotel near the airport for our last night in L.A. It was clean but worn. The free shuttle was perfect and the staff was very nice. The even have a computer and printer in the lobby, so you can print your boarding pass. Also a car rental across the street. $100 incl. tax for the night was just fine.

Benton, Kentucky
Reviewed June 3, 2011

I will never be back to this hotel. Aside from the fact I had to pay for cable but was given free internet and bottled water which makes no sense at all, we were charged for other guests room service to the tune of nearly $200. Not to mention we were charged for our entire stay on the first day which left us feeling obligated to stay. I was also a little upset that we had to pay nearly $20/day for parking as a hotel guest but it seemed we always had to park as far away from the hotel as possible. And with a 7-year old spending all day at DisneyLand coming back and walking this distance was practically torture on him. All in all, not a pleasant hotel stay at all. The facilities were nice but sometimes that's not enough!

Room Tip: find somewhere else!
1 Thank andreasikes
I really appreciate your comments. All feedback is helpful. I understand the concern with the parking charge, but I think if you compare us with the other comparable LAX Hotel options you'll find that our room rate + parking charge is one of the best values. It is just impossible not to charge for parking at LAX. I was confused on the charge for cable. Cable TV is always free, although we do have a LodgeNet movie system that does require a payment for recently released movies. I did look into the credit card issue - which was unusual. If the room is paid for by a credit card that isn't the person's card that is staying in the room we do take the full charge. I apologize if that caused any inconvenience. Hope you will reconsider coming back. Best! Phil GM
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Free shuttle to and fom airport.
Large rooms, with twin queen beds, and large toilet.
OK toileteries.
Complimentary tea coffee maker in room.
Found the breakfast quite good.
City tours offer a pick up from the hotel, which is convenient.
You can also get the Ocean Express Shutlle nearby (3-4 minutes walk), for USD 5, which allows you to spend a few hours at Manhattan Beach Pier and/or Manhattan Beach Village and/or Plaza El Segundo.
Would return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Australia
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We stayed at Four Points sheraton for 2 nights before we flew back to Australia. We stayed at one of the renovated rooms which was quite good. However, the bathroom door did not lock. We enjoyed the free internet which was really fast. It was great to have free internet after all the other hotels we stayed on our trip charged exorbitant rates for internet. Parking was a bit expensive at $20 a day.
The check-in and check-out queue was a bit long. I wish there were more staff at the registration desk. Usually there was only one person manning the normal registration area. The room doors make a loud noise and it seems like there were a lot of in and out traffic from rooms. I didn't notice any noise when I stayed at LAX airport marriot. Perhaps we just got a noisy floor or this hotel was busier compared to LAX marriot but we were woken up several times by the sound of doors slamming.
This time, we didn't take up the 24/7 offer but we will definitely do that next time to save paying for an extra night. It's a great offer to have for all of us who fly out really late at night to Australia.
Overall, we will consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple