“Great information, great fun!”
Review of A Day in LA Tours

A Day in LA Tours
Ranked #1 of 252 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A Step Into Nature Tours LTD offers the best city sightseeing tours of Rwanda and Uganda. We want to show all sides of East Africa! Our city tours offer free pick-up and drop-off. We know many visitors are in town for only a few days, so we want to make the most of your time. Our city sightseeing tours and much more! Give us a day and you'll enjoy everything A Step Into Nature Tours Ltd has to offer! We also offer customized private tours charters as well! We can accommodate most any sized groups!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were a group of 5 couples that grew up in the general Southern California area and decided to spend a weekend in Hollywood for my 50th birthday. I researched online all the different tours and found that we could do a private tour for 10 for the same price of others AND choose where we wanted to go and spend our time. So, Eddie showed up and we started out. He was great. A very nice, young man with loads of information to share with us old folks! (We all have kids his age. Ha!). We had nice stops at Greystone Mansion, Rodeo Drive, lunch at Pink's and a stop at Griffith Park! Great company, great tour guide!!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Highly recommended for folks who would like to see the beautiful Los Angeles,is worth every penne and very reasonable.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We got a good feeling right from the start. They provided a healthy snack and bottle of water upon arrival. Our guide was amazing. She was friendly and witty. We took the tour on election day and she was keeping us posted on the election. There was 6 of us on the tour and highly recommend this one!!! Soundtrack very catchy and even my 15 yr old took out his earbuds as it caught his attention.  The atmosphere on the bus was amazing and very comfortable. He commented on the cool decor of the bus.
Highlights - everything.
Only thing we weren't a fan of was The Flea Market. Most people would enjoy it, however the food selection was confusing for the kids. They were going in circles wondering why they couldn't find a simple hamburger to eat. Due to this confusion it resulted in less time to shop at The Grove. Recommend discussing with the guide to decide what you want to eat prior to getting there. That said, will highly recommend this tour bus over any of the others for sure!!!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

So we were going to LA for the weekend and, having never been there, I figured we'd rent a car and drive around to see the sights. My wife says "no", we need to book a tour to actually know what we are looking at. I reluctantly agree and she books an all day tour with A Day in LA Tours. We meet them at a visitors center in Santa Monica. It's basically a park overlooking the ocean, so we get there early and hang out. Good place to just people watch or take pictures. The time for the tour rolls around and we easily find the bus (a tacky rasta bus which seems to get lots of good attention during the tour) and our guide, Raoul. They offer complimentary water, juice, and fruit for the ride, which was great.

The tour goes from Santa Monica to Malibu (stop to walk the pier) to Bel Air, Beverly Hills (stop at Rodeo Drive), Fairfax & Melrose area (stop for lunch at cool farmers market/outdoor mall), & Hollywood (stop at a park with an observatory and views of Hollywood sign and stop at walk of fame area). That was from memory, so I'm sure there were a few other places we saw, but the point is that it was very inclusive. We drove through residential areas and saw the houses of famous folks and Raoul was always giving history or information about the area we were in.

That brings me to the best part. Raoul was awesome! As a commercial actor, he had some cool stories from that work and he seemed to know about every area we were in. You could tell that he had been doing this for a long time and that he really enjoyed showing people around his home city. If you do the tour and can choose a guide, I'd absolutely try to get Raoul.

I did the tour with just my wife, but there were families on the bus with younger (10 or so years old) kids and they seemed to have a good time. Highly recommended!

5  Thank King_Willie
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Don't miss a memorable tour with Rasta Tours, Adayinlatours.com. Our tourguide, Eddie, was the most entertaining ever! He greeted us in a red, yellow and green bus that was a novelty. He offered us fruit and water and big smiles. We were tourists from Australia, the UK, Missouri, NY, NJ and FL. I was with my granddaughter who is 13-years-old in LA for the vacation week. Eddie had anecdotes, stories, jokes and details that gave us a true sense of Hollywood, or should I say Hollyweird! My Samantha laughed so hard and enjoyed every moment of Eddie's descriptions that delighted.
We began in Santa Monica and drove in the rain to Malibu. There Eddie told us all about the largest property being David Geffen's and where Mel Gibson got his DUI. He also pointed out other places like Dukes where the local Malibu stars hang out. Although it was raining, it didn't stop our parade. Eddie had inside info on so many of the stars' homes as we drove through the Palisades. The homes were numerous ranging from one million to five million dollars. Whoopi Goldberg's, Steven Spielberg's, Matt Damon's, Brad and Angelina's, Lisa Marie Presley's, Betty White's, Michael Jackson's rental for one million a year and Bill Cosby's. There were many more but the names escape me. That was a highlight since my Samantha felt like she was "with the stars." The bus then drove to Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive. We had some free time to explore the poshest shops. We saw the shop where Julia Roberts shopped in "Pretty Woman." It was the Badgeley Mishka. The famous Beverly Hills Hotel and a few other places where stars rented were pointed out by Eddie. His personal experiences gave us so many gifts in his many stories. After that we went to the Grove and the Farmer's Market for a lunch stop. So many places to eat and buy fashion jewelry and trendy clothes! All of you would really enjoy this crazy place on Fairfax. We then drove by UCLA and Westwood. As we drove up to Griffith Park Observatory, the HOLLYWOOD sign grew closer and closer.
We took lots of photos of this famous landmark that gave one the chills knowing we were really there. We headed down to The Walk of Fame at Grauman's. They were preparing for the Oscars so some of the area was blocked off. That didn't stop Eddie. He drove right through and parked right on Hollywood Blvd. We had an exciting stop there taking many photos of our favorite star's handprints and footprints. I chose Clark Gable and Greer Garson as my favorites. I think Samantha clicked on Slash and Michael Jackson. Lots of people watching and souvenir shops there too. We headed back to Santa Monica with Eddie sharing more from his compendium of Hollywood knowledge. We couldn't have been happier with the entire experience. For the money, and it was reasonable; you got so much more than you ever expected. I felt happy to tip Eddie handsomely because he made our whole day and trip to LA the very best. Thank you Rasta Tours, A Day in LA Tours, for the best time ever! Eddie is a true asset to the Hollywood scene with the edge of a rocker! Thank you, Eddie!

2  Thank bevierose