“Great for Families - A Day in LA Tours - Los Angeles Tours - Hollywood Tours”
Review of A Day in LA Tours

A Day in LA Tours
Ranked #1 of 251 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A Day in LA Tours offers the best city sightseeing tours of Los Angeles & Hollywood. We want to show all sides of LA! Our city tours offer free pick-up and drop-off. We know many visitors are in town for only a few days, so we want to make the most of your time. Our city sightseeing tours highlight Hollywood, Venice, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Mansions, Griffith Park, Sunset Strip, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Rodeo Drive, The Grove, the Hollywood sign and much more! Give us a day and you'll enjoy everything LA has to offer! We also offer customized private tours charters as well! We can accommodate most any sized groups!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife, two boys, and I were on a stop over in LA and wanted a quick tour around the city. We took the Rasta Bus and were well pleased with the decision. It held everyone's attention for the entire trip, even our eight year old. Our driver was from the area and had great back stories on the different areas we visited. I feel we more than got our money's worth and would recommend the Rasta Bus to anyone wanting to see all of the major attractions you have read about and seen in the movies.

3  Thank Greg R
There are newer reviews for A Day in LA Tours

Reviewed July 7, 2012

My husband and I had a great time all day, Seeing some of the hot spots of LA was on my bucket list and that is one more crossed off. We would recommend Rastabus and the thier tour guides to everyone. Service is most important to us and you gave us 5 stars....Bravo!!! Roza and Chef JB Brown A.A.C.

2  Thank Roza B
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We travelled with Rastabus on Saturday, June 30. Our flight to LAX arrived 8:50am and we took a cab ($45, 15 min. ride) to Santa Monica pick up location. Arrived with time to walk around and enjoy the great view of Santa Monica pier. At 9:50am we began our tour, travelling to: Venice Beach (30 min.), BelAir/BeverlyHills /celebrity homes (90 min.), Farmer's Market/The Grove (60 min.), Rodeo Dr. (20 min.), Beverly Hills sign (10 min.), Graumann's Chinese Theater (60 min.), an observation point just below Ron Howard's home for a view of the Hollywood sign and LA city from above (20 min.), down Sunset Blvd. and some celebrity home areas, and back to Santa Monica by 4:30.
You can't always count on traffic allowing you to actually make it from LAX to Rastabus pick up point in Santa Monica in 15 min, but we had NO trouble, so for those of you considering making this your ONE tour of LA after flying in that morning, you may well be able to do it! At least on a Saturday!
My Rastabus tour feedback: I would adjust the times spent at each stop. If I was big on the whole celebrity homes thing, I would have taken one of the many tours (think Starline) available for that. But I'm not and I didn't. I wanted to sample ALL of LA. I would make that part of the Rastabus tour HALF of what it was - maybe 45 min, max. I know part of the time is traveling from the coastal area of Santa Monica towards the Hollywood area of LA, but I would still shorten the number of celebrity home drive-bys. (Visitors who want to come back and do the 'star' tour can do so with a rental car or any number of tour companies.)
I would LENGTHEN the time at Rodeo Dr. ALL we had time to do was run up to take a pick of the $3mil. Bugati, a pic at the "Via Rodeo" sign, and head back to the bus. I was left longing for more time to walk this beautiful area. I thought it would be just a bunch of high-priced stores I couldn't afford, but it was a visually beautiful area that I could only glimpse in the time we had. Never made it into the pedestrian Via Rodeo area, for instance - only had time to snap a pic of the sign. I would have also liked time to go into the store with the security detail (multiple black vehicles, black-suited drivers) out front to try and figure out which celebrity was in there shopping! JK :)
I would like MORE time at The Farmer's Market/The Grove area. That was our lunch stop, and while an hour sounds like lots of time . . . it's not. We only had time to eat AND walk around some because I picked a place to eat asap. We did NOT have time to cruise the Market looking at all the shops and places to eat. We picked the first interesting place, had a delicious Brazilian lunch, then left the Market area to walk the adjacent Grove shopping area. It may just be me, but I would have liked 90 min. there. The ONLY thing my teenaged son wanted to see on the whole tour was the LaBrea Tar Pits, and there was NO way we had time to walk down there at this stop, even though it is close enough to walk to. Not in 60 min. and include lunch. So I vote for 90min. at this stop.
I would have liked to see Griffith Observatory, as I was promised on the phone when I called Rastabus; but we skipped that. I don't know if it was traffic or not; I do know we returned to Santa Monica at 4:30, a full 30-60 min. early. Don't know if she left it off the tour due to traffic concerns, or if the guides sometimes choose another observation spot. We DID have a good view of the LA city basin and Hollywood sign at our observation point, but it wasn't Griffith Observatory, as I had expected. (Oh, and our observation point IS where we could see Ben Stiller's house and infinity pool! And Ron Howard's never-ending house construction project! ha)
Graumann's Chinese Theater stop - a crowded, hot mess. Not the tour's fault, obviously, but THIS stop could have been 20 min, easy. Just look at the stars and the handprints in the sidewalk, and get back on the bus. It is SO crowded with tourists standing on all those stars and handprints, swarming the Kodak (now Dolby) Theater, etc., etc. that there is nothing you can really enjoy about this for 60 min. I did go to the top of the Dolby Theater complex for a view and pics from above - and to get away from the crowds - but again, this very touristy spot isn't worth a long stay. IMHO.
Overall, I give Rastabus a thumbs up, but I would steer the overall tour AWAY from the celebrity homes and the Chinese Theater and give MORE time to interesting areas to walk and eat - the Rodeo Drive stop, and the Farmer's Market/Grove stop. Oh, and work the Observatory back into the tour!

9  Thank LesliefromTX
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I took the “A Day in LA” tour and had a great day visiting LA.

The Rasta-Bus picked me up at 8.00AM at my hotel, and another six persons along the way, before we reached the tour starting point.

Starting off at Santa Monica Pier at 9:50AM, we drove along Ocean Avenue and turned into Pacific Coast Highway. Our first stop was at Malibu Beach where we got off the bus and walked towards Malibu Pier. After that stop, we were off to Sunset Boulevard, Bel-Air and Beverly Hills to see the beautiful homes of the rich, and the tall hedges and fenced-up homes of the celebrities.

Next stop was Rodeo Drive where we drooled over the many retail shops there. Some of us went shopping while others (me included) visited the exquisite restrooms at the Beverly Wiltshire Hotel.

Lunch was at Farmer’s Market. After that, we strolled over to the Grove and sat at the music fountain.

We then drove down Melrose Avenue, Sunset Boulevard, Los Feliz Boulevard and into Griffith Park. We visited the Griffith Observatory and took photographs of the Hollywood sign.

Back on the bus and we were off to Hollywood Boulevard where we visited the Egyptian Theatre, Hollywood and Highland Centre, the Dolby (formerly Kodak) Theatre and the Chinese Theatre.

The tour ended at Hollywood Boulevard at 4.20PM.

The tour was enjoyable and covered many places in LA. Matt, our guide, was knowledgeable and humorous. Only downside was the rather bumpy ride in the bus.

I highly recommend this tour to anyone who wants to cover a large part of LA in one day.

4  Thank Nelumbo-Nucifera
Reviewed July 4, 2012

This was a reasonable, informative and funny tour. Matt our guide gave excellent tidbits of information with a lot of funny comments thrown in. Some of his helpful hints really helped us as he warned us of the tourist traps and steered us to the great spots only the townees know of. This is a small company, but you know what? Small is better because they care about their customers. And it shows in everything they do. From the excellent driver, who was Matt's straight man, Matt and even Raman, their owner, you could tell they sincerely appreciated your business and put out a great product. You wont regret booking a tour with A Day in LA Tours.

2  Thank Jarne