BLVD Hotel & Spa
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$426
$390
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$189
$263
$229
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$159
$289
$202
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsuniversal studiosstudio cityhalloween horror nightsqueen suiteminute walkcity walktheme parkmicrowave and fridgestaff was very friendly and helpfulmetro stationlobby barparking garagewould definitely stay here againcoffee makerfree shuttlebeds were very comfortableclean hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2014

NEGATIVE STARS IF IT WAS AN OPTION

DON'T EVER STAY HERE! THEY FIND ANY REASON TO KEEP YOUR DEPOSIT! UNHELPFUL STAFF, RUDE GENERAL MANAGER, BAD PARKING.

I must say this has got to be the worst place I have stayed at. I booked the room thru Hotels.com which I was not informed regarding the $100.00 security deposit. Upon arrival front desk informed us about the charges.. Well at that point with a non refundable room we agreed to the security deposit hold. A week after check out I notice my deposit has not been released back to me. It took 3 days to track down the general manager- Mohammed Yosef to help resolve why my deposit was retained. He spent a great deal of time explaining the Hotels process and procedure however did not provide me any way to dispute their decision. Had the nerve to offer a discount on out next stay. NEVER AGAIN WILL I STAY HERE EVEN IF IT WAS FREE!

Inconvenient parking . $17.00 fee. One car parked in front of the other. If you park at an outside spot you will have to leave your keys to the front desk so they could move your car if necessary.

The rooms ARE NOT what they seem like in photos. Upon my arrival the screen door wasn't properly functioning. There was hair left on the bed. Hair in our "clean" towels. However, the rooms did look refurbished in many ways. Layers of paint on the walls, crisp white sheets on an old squeaky bed. White chair that's been wiped down so many times its looks grey and dirty.

Stay at your risk. You'll leave with nothing but disappointments and a headache fighting for your deposit back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank linda n
Reviewed February 16, 2014

there's two in the vicinity, but only one worth enjoying. I came here because the name was cool... no previous knowledge... no insider info. it's a cool @$$ spot. I'm a lush, so the biggest bonus for me was the bar, and sexy little lounge area. my ridiculously pleasant mixologist Krystal, with the prettiest smile I've ever seen in my life, made the best drinks, and set the mood with a very comforting personality. I'd go back just for her alone... The rooms are sexy too though, so it's a win win. The location is so so; close to everything, just not close enough to walk to.

• Stayed: February 2014
blvdhotels, General Manager at BLVD Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2014

Thank you for posting a review! We have passed along your praises to our associates. We are glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2-8-14

Came here to celebrate our engagement. Got our room key, didn't ask for ID just credit card and gave us keys rushed us. When I opened the door there was a female guest there. She was not happy. Asked us how we got in and we responded w our key and she said close it this is my room. We went down stairs and no explanation was given girl at feat just took our keys and gave us a different room. My fiancée mood was brought down. Kept questioning staying. Second room we immediately checked the locks, and the lock didn't work and after our last experience we went back down. Last room they gave us smelled of cigaret smoked they said they would spray fabreeze but didn't. Came back from diner and it still smelled. Got drinks "happy hour" was 8$ per beer rip off. Didn't get carded either. I found out we had 2 complimentary drinks during happy hour and girl at front desk just said I guess she forgot. Horrible experience. Scared my fiancé. Ruined our night. Not sure we can recommend or be back. Should've comped our room for the bad experience they caused us. I will never get my engagement night back.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ooblankeyoo
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed at the BLVD for one night while touring Universal Studios with my husband and son.
The Good: very helpful staff! They helped us find the very close by free shuttle to universal studios. Also the price was reasonable compared to other universal city hotels. The room was very clean, spacious, beds were fairly comfortable.
The Bad: neighbourhood was a bit sketchy. Very surprised about the hotel entrance, just a little hole-in-the-wall. It appears that the hotel was renovated on a budget. Some things were well done such as the bathrooms had nice pedestal sinks and shower rain heads, but the fitness room had only 4 pieces of cardio equipment--no room for more. Spa appeared very small-again little hole in the wall. Pool again was tiny in a a small area, parking very crowded. Had to leave our car keys with the front desk so they could shuffle cars around to let guests in and out. Very limited breakfast cart and lobby bar.
THE UGLY: paper thin walls! Our neighbours came home at 3:30am and it woke both my husband and I up. We could hear the door close, follow their entire conversation easily, etc.
For this reason we cannot recommend this hotel nor will we be returning.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Nunu72
blvdhotelandsuites, General Manager at BLVD Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our hotel and our staff’s friendly service, but disappointed that you were not completely satisfied with your visit. Please trust your noise issues are noted and reviewed with the managers involved as well as the great praise to the dedicated team. Thank you for bringing the issues to our attention as your feedback is certainly valuable to us.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This hotel is appaulling. Firstly they got my check in dates incorrect even though I rang to confirm with them(as they had not contacted me) a few days prior. They also messed up a tour I had booked and confirmed with them and that too was booked for the wrong date as well!! Once they sorted this out, the welcome was rude and cold. We arrived early and asked them to hold our luggage until check in. This was done but with a grudge. The following morning the toilet flooded upon its first flush. The flush component broke and water came pouring out of the bowl and a rapid speed. It was my daughter 10 yr old who used the bathroom and flushed the toilet when it flooded. She called us immediately and was quite scarred. We couldn't stop the water gushing so we immediately called reception. They took their time to come even though we told them the room was flooding. The Receptionist came with a plunger and 4 towels. I told him that it is flooding and mains need to be turned off and the plunger and towels were useless. By this stage water was gushing into our co-joining room and onto the carpet around the beds. He then left as he had to find out where the mains were. He returned and turned off the mains. This took him about 10 minutes. By this time the bathroom and hotel room was flooded as well as our co-joining room, damaging luggage we had in there. We were shown a new room and therefore we only had one bathroom for 6 people (we had to evacuate the 2 rooms we paid for as BOTH got flooded by their defective plumbing). We went down to breakfast which was included in our rate and that was inadequate also. Only allowed one piece of toast, one drink and one piece of fruit each. It was like wartime rations. Meanwhile the receptionist sat there on her phone while the upstairs flooding was causing havoc. No-one cleaned up the flood until after midday. We checked out at midday and still no one had cleaned it up. So the water sat there from 7am to after midday!! Also we requested a late check out and they "forgot" and tried to get us to check out earlier. It wasn't as if they were busy either - most rooms were empty. I was then not discounted or given any compensation upon check out even though I had paid for 2 rooms but only got the use out of one. I was initially told I would be taken care of. I was then told to contact the manager regarding any possible retribution as some of our luggage got wet too. I did not hear from the manager the following day so I sent him a kind email advising him of the situation and received a very nasty phone call the following day from the manager telling me it was my 10 year old daughters fault the room flooded and it caused damage to the floor below ours as well. He said she should have been SUPERVISED whilst going to the toilet. I told him my 10 yr old is completely able to go to the toilet on her own and she knows how to flush a toilet correctly. I couldn't believe he was serious!! He was screaming at me and insisting it was our fault and that we should have be responsible for turning off the mains. He even likened it to a fire and said that if there was a fire in the hotel we should try to put it out (rather than running and getting to a safe place!!) I couldn't believe my ears. He was insulting, rude, arrogant and condescending. If his incompetent staff had of addressed the issue as soon as we notified them (he even accused me for not calling reception soon enough!! How much quicker than a few scones of the event did he expect at 6.55am??) and if they came equipped with knowledge of where the mains are (again he accused me of not being smart enough to know where the mains are of a room I had never been in before!! If his OWN STAFF didn't know, how was I, a paying guest supposed to know). The phone call then ended with me telling him that I didn't appreciate being spoken to like that and that his customer service was appaulling and that he would be hearing from my lawyer!! Needless to say I was not discounted for our inconvenience and damage and also for the fact I paid for two rooms, but only received one during our stay. NEVER GO TO THIS HOTEL!! It's a sham and hell hole!!

Room Tip: There are NO good rooms at this hotel. It's worth paying a little extra and going to a better managed and customer serviced focus hotel. Not this hell hole.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Rachel T
blvdhotelandsuites, General Manager at BLVD Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2014

Thank you kindly for your feedback and we certainly apologize for any inconvenience with the room issues and please trust that your concerns are indeed noted and shared with the managers involved. It is disheartening that you left with a negative impression and it is our hope that you are kind enough to give us another opportunity to regain your confidence during another visit.