“Great surprise”

Ray's and Stark Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ray's and Stark Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #520 of 9,898 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Wilshire
Cross street: Fairfax
Description: Ray's and Stark Bar at LACMA is a casual dining restaurant in Miracle Mile, Los Angeles serving seasonal fare and favorites for lunch, dinner & happy hour.
Los Angeles, California
“Great surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Didn't expect a lot when friends suggested this place after a visit to LACMA. I couldn't have been more wrong! I think this turned out to be one of the best culinary experiences I've had lately in LA. The variety of food combinations and flavors was as creative as delicious. The cocktail and wine list is superb, the bar tender even came to our table to do some 'consultation' and our waitress was super attentive and knowledgeable. Two thumbs up! Given we live around the corner, this place will see us visiting again very soon.

London, United Kingdom
“Nice place to see the lights”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Lovely place to see the LACMA light installation. On my own first full night in la and was made to feel welcome by lovely bar man who took tine to chat to me would definitely recommend it.

Visited March 2014
Bellevue, Washington
“Whoa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Visiting LACMA with my family and stopped in for a late afternoon nosh and beverage. What a delightful surprise. The bites were world class. We had the cheese plate, a couple of dishes from the garden, the Charcuterie plate. The vegetables were so savory and delicious I now have to remake my go to dishes that I make for holidays and have a new level of excellence to meat. The drinks were also very good. We had the ginger rogers and the spiked cocoa. Next trip to LACMA, eating will be part of the plan.

• Visited February 2014
Zamora de Hidalgo, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I had a nice time, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

It's a nice place in a great location and great view. I had a good time chatting with friends, but unfortunately couldn't eat anything, because the menu is not coeliac friendly...

Visited February 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great venue, wonderful food, poor service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

We had a quick lunch outside, we had little time and shared a cheese board featuring 5 stunning cheeses accompanied by a superb pair of white wines.

Everything was matching the wonderful surroundings until it came time for us to pay.

In spite of going to the counter and offering to pay cash directly, we had to wait for a long time for anyone who would give us an account and we then had to wait for a specific server to bring it to us and then wait again while he found lots of other things to do.

All in all it was frustrating and took the edge of what was an other wise great light meal in a wonderful venue.

I will return and plan to have more time for an enjoyable meal the next trip to LACMA

• Visited January 2014