“Lover of Liver? Then this is a must!”
Review of Mezze - CLOSED

Mezze
Dining options: Buffet
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: LAX Area
Cross street: Oakwood
Description: Mezze, which translates to sharing in Arabic, is a series of small plates that is the staple of Middle Eastern food culture. It is the symbol of conviviality, and time well spent with family and good friends. The traditions of mezze-style dining are the inspiration in creating Mezze's contemporary Middle Eastern cuisine. We take the bounty of fresh product and local produce and combine them with the flavors and soul of the Middle East.Chef Micah Wexler brings this cuisine to life in a breath-taking, rustic environment designed by Waldo Fernandez.Mezze features an 80 bottle wine list, consisting of domestic and rare middle eastern wines.
Los Angeles, California
“Lover of Liver? Then this is a must!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I cannot rave enough about this place. We went on Saturday night for what was supposed to be a “very good” Mediterranean meal. It was that, and so much more. Start with their pita and honey bread. You will want more, but don’t… because there is so much more to try! The steak was delicious; a bit pricey but we shared it and they even accommodated our diverse wellness preferences. I am not a lover of liver, but their pate was as good as it comes. The Quail was outstanding. By far my favorite. The setting is lovely. Casual dining that felt like we were outdoors because the room was open to the street.
I have to say that every morsel of food was delicious! I give it high marks!

• Visited July 2012

california
“Small portions”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I felt the portions were very small for the prices. One scallop with a a few avocados for $13. 3 shrimps with no taste for $17. All in all it was fine, but way overpriced. The service was OK. We got three of our items together and then there was a 15-20 minutes wait for the other three items to arrive.

Visited February 2012
Los Angeles, California
“I like Cleo Better”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

The food was good, but it was not as good as Cleo and a bit more expensive. The people were fine, but no where near as outgoing as Cleo. I do not work for either place, just saying. I thought the Shakshuka was fine, but nothing to go into convulsions over. No where near as good as I have had in other countries.

Visited October 2011
Manhattan Beach, California
“Nice room, attentive service, but the food fell short overall.”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

The Sea Urchin and the Lobster risotto were one note dishes that left us in search of flavor. Lamb shoulder was accompanied with steel cut oatmeal which made for a cumbersome pairing and the Black cod was bland. Loved the brussel sprouts, the wild salmon and the bread. Churros were a hit. La Cienega street noise can be a factor as well as the cold if you are sitting on that side of the room, I would recommend and interior booth.

• Visited November 2011
San Diego
“Wonderful! Unique new tastes to entice and excite even the most jaded palate.”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I think my title says it all. We first went to this location 4 years ago in 2007, and decided to give it another try. By 2011 it was under new ownership and serving a whole new menu. The food really was delicious. My husband is Armenian and loves his Mediterranean food, and both of us were duly impressed by the chef's offerings. The melon dusted with light shavings of feta was particularly divine. We were there late and ordered 3 plates from their tapas style 'small plates' menu. Each plate was surprising and unique and flavorful. We liked the desert too much and ordered another. Oh, and the atmosphere was great too, low key and unpretentious, with great, friendly service to boot.

• Visited October 2011