“Small portions”

Dining options: Buffet
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: LAX Area
Cross street: Oakwood
Description: Mezze, which translates to sharing in Arabic, is a series of small plates that is the staple of Middle Eastern food culture. It is the symbol of conviviality, and time well spent with family and good friends. The traditions of mezze-style dining are the inspiration in creating Mezze's contemporary Middle Eastern cuisine. We take the bounty of fresh product and local produce and combine them with the flavors and soul of the Middle East.Chef Micah Wexler brings this cuisine to life in a breath-taking, rustic environment designed by Waldo Fernandez.Mezze features an 80 bottle wine list, consisting of domestic and rare middle eastern wines.
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I felt the portions were very small for the prices. One scallop with a a few avocados for $13. 3 shrimps with no taste for $17. All in all it was fine, but way overpriced. The service was OK. We got three of our items together and then there was a 15-20 minutes wait for the other three items to arrive.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

The food was good, but it was not as good as Cleo and a bit more expensive. The people were fine, but no where near as outgoing as Cleo. I do not work for either place, just saying. I thought the Shakshuka was fine, but nothing to go into convulsions over. No where near as good as I have had in other countries.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

The Sea Urchin and the Lobster risotto were one note dishes that left us in search of flavor. Lamb shoulder was accompanied with steel cut oatmeal which made for a cumbersome pairing and the Black cod was bland. Loved the brussel sprouts, the wild salmon and the bread. Churros were a hit. La Cienega street noise can be a factor as well as the cold if you are sitting on that side of the room, I would recommend and interior booth.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

I think my title says it all. We first went to this location 4 years ago in 2007, and decided to give it another try. By 2011 it was under new ownership and serving a whole new menu. The food really was delicious. My husband is Armenian and loves his Mediterranean food, and both of us were duly impressed by the chef's offerings. The melon dusted with light shavings of feta was particularly divine. We were there late and ordered 3 plates from their tapas style 'small plates' menu. Each plate was surprising and unique and flavorful. We liked the desert too much and ordered another. Oh, and the atmosphere was great too, low key and unpretentious, with great, friendly service to boot.