“Excellent walking tour”

Red Line Tours - Hollywood Behind-the-Scenes
Ranked #42 of 263 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Every city has its secrets and Hollywood is no exception. Red Line Tours has the perfect product for exploring Hollywood’s secrets with our Hollywood Behind-the-Scenes™ Tour ... what most tours miss. Visit movie locations that stared A-List Celebrities (Julia Roberts, Keanu Reeves, Sandra Bullock, Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron, Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore and more), visit legendary movie palaces, find your favorite Celebrity’s star as we walk the Walk of Fame, view the Hollywood Sign, and visit celebrities’ favorite hidden hideaways. Go inside places normally closed to the public. Place your feet onto your favorite celebrity’s footprints at the Chinese theater. Walk the footsteps of the Movie Stars when you visit the Kodak Theatre, home to the Academy Awards. This tour changes Hollywood from ordinary to extra-ordinary!
Reviewed March 19, 2013

It was a wonderful experience as our guide was very knowledgeable. Live audio helped us understand it well and interact with our guide. I would highly recommend taking this tour for a wonderful learning experience about the history of busy city of LA

All reviews
"dolby theatre"
in 16 reviews
"movie industry"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 11 reviews
in 51 reviews
"intro"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our guide was quite informative of the history of Hollywood as we toured Hollywood Blvd. We were shown the inside of the original Graumann Theater ie. the Egyptian one. Then we walked along Hollywood Blvd with our guide explaining the ins and outs of the stars on the sidewalk. He then told us the inside scoop on many opf the handprints at the Chinese Theatre.
This toue is well worth it. Try to get a City Pass that includes Star Homes, Dolby Theater tour, Madame Toussauds Wax Museum and this walking tour . You'll save a lot of $$

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were tourists to the max during our recent trip to Hollywood. When I asked the family what their favorite thing was during the trip to Hollywood, they all said the Red Line Walking tour. Our tour guide was so friendly and really knew his stuff. The about of history we learned was incredible. We went on our tour a few days after the Oscars and it was so interesting to hear all the behind the scenes info about the theater. Using the headsets are ingenious! You really get all the info without having to worry about that street sounds. We used our Go LA card for admission - do no overlook this tour in the Go LA book. Very enjoyable and highly recommended!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is probably the best tour we did while we were in LA. They aren't pushy harassing you up and down the street like a lot of the other tour companies either. Definitely worthwhile! Even though you look a little dorky walking up Hollywood Blvd with headphones on, its nice to be able to hear the tour guide at all times.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was the last of my tours using the CityPass, and after a series of underwhelming tours, I got to say that my expectation wasn't really high for the last one.

Red Line really brought walking tours to a different level! The understanding of my guide (I'm sorry I can't remember his name!) and the neighbouring sights and sounds brought Hollywood to me in a totally different package.

He narrated the history of Hollywood and answered our questions so well and in so much detail that the group is really immersed in the livelihood of big names that we come across in our everyday lives.

Thanks Red Line for saving me on a day that could have gave me the poor impression of Hollywood!