“Not for the faint hearted”
Review of Museum of Death

Museum of Death
Ranked #66 of 596 things to do in Los Angeles
Reviewed January 18, 2014

My family dragged me here and at $15 per head it's over priced & I'll never get that hour back! What a waste of time really.

All reviews
"horror film"
"gift shop"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Decided to check out the Museum of Death because of the good reviews online. Found it overpriced for what it's worth. Some of the exhibits were interesting (like the mass suicide exhibit) but I found that there's more Google-able text and pictures than exhibits.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Went to LA for my first time. Upon doing some pre-travel research, I found out about this museum of TripAdvisor, with so many good reviews about it, we decided to stop by.

Upon arrival, the outside of the place grabs your attention. It is overgrown with ivy, and has a unique entrance sign. We where greeted by two very nice people working inside, they asked us where we where from and we had a nice small talk before going inside. The amount of care put into the exhibits here is amazing. You could spend HOURS reading and studying everything they have. We spent a good 45 minutes inside.

They do warn you before you enter, there is ALOT of gore and intense macabre stuff inside the museum, so I warn other people who are reading this and interested in going. There are loads of emotional stuff like funeral related caskets, ie-even a infant casket. So go inside prepared you will be bombarded with death... hence the title of the place!

If your in LA, have a macabre interest, or just want something shocking and fun, I highly recommend the Museum of Death.

1  Thank Hgtravl
Reviewed October 16, 2013

There is so much information in here, you could spend hours. We took about one and a half. It has good historical information on funeral homes, embalming. There was a room with serial killer memorabilia (an interest of mine) so I spent some time in there.

It's not for the faint of heart. I'm usually pretty sturdy with stuff as I am a nurse and have seen things. But there are death scene photos which are pretty graphic (if anyone remembers the website Rotten.com you will know what I'm talking about). This attraction is only for people who don't get grossed out easily or who enjoy the subjects of serial killers, death, embalming methods, etc.I got a take a couple of souvenir post cards and bought a magnet (I'm a collector). I would definitely go here again.

1  Thank Amber K
See more reviews
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

My review may sound a lot like the others on here.

There is so much information in this place that you could literally spend hours reading it all.

If you're a fan of the macabre, I would definitely recommend it.

I am very interested in all the things that were in this museum, but I must admit, even I felt a little squeamish looking at some of the pictures and reading some of the materials.

My friend and I decided to re-name this place "The Museum of Happiness" to overcome some of the things we saw.

However, all in all it was a really interesting place to go. Although I'd maybe recommend that teenagers/easily disturbed people should stay away from some segments of the place.

3  Thank Becca G