“Delicious”

Obica Mozzarella Bar - Century City
Reserve with OpenTable
Obica Mozzarella Bar - Century City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #291 of 10,254 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Century City
Cross street: Avenue of the Stars
Transit: Avenue of the Stars/Santa Monica Blvd
Description: We serve a full Italian menu paired with a small selection of artisanal wines from all Italian regions. Our authentic Neapolitan pizza is made with imported stone-ground flour left to rise for 48 hours - choose from more than 15 delicious varieties. We have an exclusively Italian wine list bringing together wines from all regions of Italy, -from prizewinning producers to surprisingly great small wineries,- curated by our own WSI Certified sommelier with outstanding price-per-value in mind. Enjoy also our selection of Italian beer, and signature Italian cocktails. We organize a monthly dinner focused on one particular aspect of Italian food and wine culture: a region, a product, a wine. To be informed of these special events, sign up for our mailing list -- see tab.
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We had to order additional pizzas, it was soo good, we didn't leave a crumb. It was quite busy, but didn't wait for too long. Service was swift and as it should be.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I love mozzarella and was excited to see this place near my hubby's work so he took me for a lunch date. When we arrived the place was empty and yet it took several minutes to be acknowledged the lady who seated us didn't really seem interested in helping us and the place though bright and open seemed cluttered with bottles of oils and wine haphazardly placed on the counter. We ordered the four cheese grand tasting sampler with the Classica Affumicata, Ricotta and Burrata accompanied by Selezione di Salumi the cheeses were great and I loved the ricotta my husband who doesn't care for either ricotta or smoked mozzarella loved both of these cheeses but the salami was badly cut to the point of being mangled and just wasn't very good. It was just boring. We also ordered a pizza it was pretty good though I made the mistake of getting the one with anchovy and it was a bit over powering I like small bits of anchovy put they are generous with it. Still the service and atmosphere were so bad I wouldn't return the food isn't good enough to make up for the clutter and lack attention.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

If you're an Italian expat like me and you miss some good mozzarella & quality basic dining, Obika is the place for you. A simple menu has all the great food you would want from Italy, from mozzarella to pizzas, from pastas to salads (and sandwiches for lunch).
I really like their cold cuts, and their mozzarella is imported from Italy. They could use some "bigger" sized mozzarella, but the quality is very good and almost exceptional for their burrata. I also tried the pastas, and I love their "schiaffoni" and their "trofie."

Bottomline: great meal just like in Italy and great service (much better than in Italy :)).

Couple of criticisms: stay away from the "orecchiette al formaggio" unless you are younger than 5; and their "fritto misto" (mixed fried veggies and whatnot) could use some improvement.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Went with friends for dinner there, and honestly when I found out it was in the Mall I almost cancelled. Once there, we sat outside. it was nice and they had heaters too. A few families came with very young children, so I wouldn't call it romantic. The service was very good, the wine list was not big,but had some great Italian choices. The pizza was fantastic, so was the pasta and mozzarella ( my favorite is the burata). I think it was priced very reasonable for the quality and freshness of the food. Next time when I am in the area, I would love to go there again. I am sure it is great for lunch too.

1  Thank freemaee
Reviewed June 10, 2012

reasonable, fresh and great service try their Pizza , my favorite( Formaggi Morbidi)