“Its for tourists and they should be treated better”
Review of Gladstones

Gladstones
Reserve with OpenTable
Gladstones is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #186 of 10,351 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunset Blvd
Transit: The 540 Metro Bus stops directly in front of our restaurant at the intersection of Sunset Boulevard and Pacific Coast Highway.
Description: In a world where landmarks are few and far between there is Gladstone's. Situated where Sunset Boulevard meets the Pacific Coast Highway, it's become a place of Southern California legend. One visit and you'll see why. Gladstones offers a menu plucked from the very ocean it overlooks, serving modern renditions of classic dishes as well as favorites from the land. In its typically relaxed, family-friendly atmosphere, there's something to satisfy every palate. Whether you're at the raw bar, the lounge, the dining rooms or the grand patio overlooking the surf, it's commonly agreed there's no better place on the coast to enjoy fresh seafood, a Mai Tai or the most beautiful sunset views in SoCal. Book a reservation by phone or web or stop by and enjoy the experience.
Reviewed April 11, 2013

A friend from Arizona, who's wife was celebrating her birthday invited us to Gladstone's for dinner. Nice friendly waitress and it went down hill from there. First course was cold seafood and a separate tray of raw oysters. Not bad except the cocktail sauce was lumps from being frozen Oh, there were six in the group. Had wedge salads for the next course. Weird bad tasting dressing and quartered hard boiled egg, bacon crumbles and sliced tomatoes on the dish but not on the lettuce.
Not sure how you are suppose to get the crumbled bacon on the lettuce. Had a small order of the worst order of crab cakes I have ever had. Soggy and over cooked, couldn't taste crab at all. A very large slice of chocolate cake was on the house.
Would I go back? Not even if you paid me. Oh it was cold and dirty too! SBE the operator should pay more attention to the place. Oh $6 to park in an almost empty lot seemed high too.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I would definitely recommend coming to Gladstones at least once. I have been there 3 times throughout the years and always had a good experience- it's a nice drive up PCH if you are coming from Santa Monica- the food is great and decently priced- also you have a great view and atmosphere!

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming for 20 years! I started before I had a family. I can't believe it's has so so reviews! The food is excellent. I just had the tuna Cobb and it was awesome. We were a party of 7 and we all got something different. Everyone was more than happy. The children's menu is extremely reasonable $5! It goes to 12 years old and the portion satisfied my hungry growing 12 year old. It's very family friendly. They do a foil animal for your left overs. The kids love it so save something to take with. They also took a picture and gave us a complimentary one. Very cute! You can buy additional or just take the free one! I say it's a don't miss in So CA!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My title says it all. Not the first time that we've been to Gladstones when in LA.
Indoor/outdoor; everyone has a great view. Fish, chowder etc. all very acceptable.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Gladstones is practically an institution in the area, and it's hard to argue with the location, but it's the food that keeps me coming back; the crusted tuna is so outrageously delicious that I haven't ordered anything else on the menu! I also usually order some oysters a la carte - their freshness and sweet, clean oceanic flavor is incredible.
A table by the window is a must -- eating here is like an instant vacation.

Been to Gladstones? Share your experiences!