“Excellent Tapas with a cheerful crowd”
Review of Cleo

Cleo
Ranked #42 of 11,978 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Cross street: Hollywood & Vine
Transit: One block west from Metro Red Line Hollywood & Vine station.
Description: Enjoy delicious dinners and handcrafted cocktails by Chef Danny Elmaleh in a warm, inviting Matthew Rolston-designed setting that marries old Hollywood glamour with relaxed Mediterranean charm - in the heart of Hollywood.
Reviewed January 15, 2014

In the heart of Hollywood, this is a large very busy, loud, cheerful, and fun, restaurant specializing in all manner of excellent tapas. We three ordered oysters, tuna tartare, Brussels sprouts, roast lamb with Israeli couscous, flat bread w. mushrooms, eggplant Lebanese, and Dorado tagine – most were ample for sharing and had good choices for our veggie person. These so-called larger tapas cost between 9 and $16. They also had a long list of smaller tapas which cost 6-7$ but in fact we ordered one "borek" and it contained 3 small pieces which we 3 shared. In spite of the crowds, the service was excellent Reservations are a must if you want to sit in the dining area. We tried the toffee bread pudding dessert--don't bother. Take your girlfriends, boyfriends, your youthful parents or a special someone .
Note - One can park in the Redbury Hotel parking lot for $9 for 3 hours if eating in the Cleo. Don’t be seduced by the lot next door which in large letters says $5 but actually costs $20 for more than 1/2 hour.

Date of visit: December 2013

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I were recommended this restaurant by our Hotel and I can honestly say it didn't disappoint! The vibe was really fun and hip, the decor was exquisite. It is a fairly large establishment that specializes in tapas style dining. We had our server pretty much pick out the menu for us and he did an amazing job! There wasn't ONE thing that we had that I didn't like! We started with cocktails, I got something with Basil and strawberries (I can't quite remember the name) and my husband got the Videbury. Because it was all tapas style we got a bunch of things between the two of us. I recommend the brussel sprouts, Tuna tartare, artichokes and olives, some of the dips, the sliders and chicken tagine. All of them were so good, I would definitely come back here the next time I'm in LA.

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Amazing food! Finger licking Delicious! The Brussels Sprout is the most amazing thing I've ever had! No joke!!! You must must ! Try..great place to celebrate a birthday.. It's loud and fun with delicious cocktails!

Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stumbled across this place after doing some sightseeing in LA.
Without a reservation, the staff on reception were able to find us a seat at the well appointed bar. There is an excellent selection of cocktails and some very good beers on tap too.
The food is amongst the best I have had in the US. We shared dips for starter (which arrive with a freshly baked pitta), followed by some very good larger tapas style dishes. I had a lamb kebab which although small, tasted out of this world! There is a good dessert menu on offer too, don't forget to ask for it!
I also really liked the vibe of the restaurant. Dimly lit, with funky music and a chatty crowd... the sort of place where you immediately feel at home.
We will definitely visit again, next time we are in LA.

Date of visit: December 2013
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This place is great for a fun group dinner. The drinks are strong and very tasty, and the food was great all around. Our service was attentive and the corkage very reasonable also. The decor and atmosphere is lively and very loud -- don't expect to have a quiet conversation. Also, when you're done dinner head upstairs to the outdoor bar for a nightcap and some great old school rap. The Redbury has a great vibe, and the food/cocktail prices weren't too crazy either.

Date of visit: November 2013