“Worth every penny!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: San Vicente
Description: CA location not listed on company website.
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I had my daughter drive up from college to meet me for an incredible dinner here. The perfectly aged and cooked steals blew away Lawry's Prime Rib where we usually go. Service outstanding, wine list exceeded my expectations and the food was "worth every penny" and the some. Truly an epicurean delight.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We ate dinner with family last September before we flight back home. The restaurant was cozy with beautiful interior. We seated upstairs overlooking the main road Wilshire. It is nice restaurant with high standard service fine dinning. I ordered hamburger, it turned out it taste standard. My hubby ordered clam chowder and he said it tasted so and so (no special). The other foods that we ordered no special. Fortunately they have special french fries was good. The prices are mid to up.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I typically start at 20% when tipping in the United States, but after our experience at The Capital Grille, Beverly Center, Los Angeles, California, we were left with no alternative but to go the opposite direction based on service, quality and knowledge. Of course we wouldn't do this lightly and without just cause, so here are our reasons for our experience (hopefully yours will differ):

My wife and I dined at The Capital Grille (Beverly Center, Los Angeles, CA) on 11/18/12, and we were extremely dissatisfied for the following reasons: 1) Extremely slow service from our server. 2) Had to ask for our own waters to be refilled. 3) Bread was ice cold. 4) Had to ask for a refill on butter. 5) Wife ordered a featured Cabernet. Server suggested a different wine. After some time, sever came back and said the suggested wine was out. 6) Wine pours between my wife and I were at least an ounce different. 7) Along with wine being out, I ordered the Clam Chowder, which was out as well. Sever was not up to speed on "86ed" items" 8) Had to wait 20 mins for our a simple salad and Mac-n-Cheese side. 9) When salad came out, it was not what my wife ordered, and my wife had to point that fact out to the server. 10) Wife's salad was sub-standard and she barely ate it. 11) Server, who said she had been there for 5 years, could not instruct us on how to access the Beverly Center parking garage after hours (you would think that after that amount of time working, an employee would have experienced that question before and would have been able to to advise).

Would we recommend this location? No.

Would we recommend The Capital Grille based on our experience? No.

Will we return to this location? No.

If you chose to dine at The Capital Grille, Beverly Center, Los Angeles, California, we hope your experience is better than ours was.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a high-quality restaurant with excellent food, but what impressed me the most was the service. My visit was prompted by a credit card discount offer which I presented to the Maitre d'. The next thing I know, the waiter is addressing me by name ... nice touch. I had a great warm spinach salad and a steak with a vegtable side. This is not a low-cost restaurant, but the quality of the food justified the price. As I left, the waiter handed me his business card (a first for me) and said that I should let him know personally if there were any issues or problems. Then, a few days later in the mail (using my address from the credit card offer), I received a thank you note from the manager along with an offer for a free appetizer on my next visit. Very nice touch. Bottom line, if you're looking for a high-end restaurant with great service, give it a try.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We all agreed that this was the best restaurant that we encountered during our stay on the west coast. The food was outstanding, the service excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful. We would highly recommend a visit.