“Very Special Restaurant”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: San Vicente
Description: CA location not listed on company website.
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Can not rave enough about a most wonderful meal we had at The Capital Grille Restaurant last week.
The food was fabulous, the presentation exquisite, the service outstanding and the waiter's hosts and staff were all amazing and most gracious!
We were treated like the 'Royal Family'!
We have alway's enjoyed our visit's to the Restaurant...this visit was even more special and enjoyed by all 6 of our guest's!
Thank you Capital Grille!
Sylvia and Jack Chait

Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was across from our hotel, so we walked in and were able to get a table easily on a Wednesday night around 8:30. The setting is lovely, and wait staff were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Very professional service. The food was generally very good. We had French onion soup, caprese salad, beef tenderloin, lamb, potatoes au gratin and asparagus. The only miss was the lamb - not that tender. Everything else was fantastic and very large portions. Our waiter, Chester, was equal parts personable and professional. Great service and ambiance - would definitely go again.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Food is yummy and really excellent. The waiters are professional yet service on a Saturday night was extremely slow. However if you aren't rushing then what the heck. They were attentive in a slow moving way. With that said excellent salads and if you love french onion soup then dig in. Veggies and sides are meant to be shared so order knowing this. When ordering your steak know that it comes on a plate and that is it.... Pricey but delicious . Like I said sides are meant for sharing. The mac cheese lobster is a must .The restaurant was packed but not with the young drinking bar scene. I would say that the over 55 crowd has taken over. Super place for that age group and older.Parking is free and directly in fromt of door. Perfect excellent meal and evening....

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We went there with some friends for their 40th Wedding Anniversary. The staff was very attentive, and friendly. The food was out of this world! The Shrimp Cocktail was great, the shrimp were very large. We also had French Onion Soup, Wonderful! I had the Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing that was great. For the main course I had the Filet Mignon it was absolutely fabulous! Our friends had the Delmonico Steak and they loved it. My husband had the Grilled Swordfish with Lemon Shallot Relish and he said it was very very good. The sides we had were Sam's Mashed Potatoes and Grilled Asparagus, our friends also had the Asparagus and the Au Gratin Potatoes all were fabulous.
For Dessert they brought the couple the Flourless Chocolate Espresso Cake with a candle and the words Happy Anniversary written in Chocolate. I had the Classic Creme Brûlée that was spectacular!
It is a great place to go for a special occasion. But if your on a budget don't go. It is very expensive. I was just glad the couples daughter was paying.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

First and probably most importantly the food was excellent. There was nothing I could criticize when it comes to this.
Then, the service was also very good... however I found the atmosphere a bit dated (I found their uniforms bland and didn't like the waiter jacket making them look like some old Italian restaurant from the 80s). The service was also a bit "over the top" (i.e. waiter giving his business card and asking for yours to send a "thank you" email, I lost count in the number of waiter bring the food too). The Waiter was overall very knowledgeable... almost too much again.

Again as I said, the food was fantastic.... but VERY expensive. We paid around 200$ for a 2 course meal for the two of us... and this is not a Michelin star restaurant!!