UCLA Guest House
Loews Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)
$249
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $307/night.

Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$286
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$159
$134
$395
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $492/night.

$146
$135
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

$252
$236
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $286/night.

$400
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $511/night.

$128
$107
FourPoints.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$329
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $466/night.

$195
$186
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $264/night.

All reviewsbeautiful campusplace to stayroyce hallprospective studentoutdoor lotthe manager's receptionshuttle stopwestwood areaan easy minute walkhard boiled eggsbreakfast buffet isfabulous stayhighly recommend staying herestaff went out of their waythe location is perfectworked greatthe breakfast area
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed here for a week in april for business on campus. I was VERY pleasantly surprised! I had prettylow expectations, and was a little worried upon arrival to the slightly tired and worn lobby and hallways. But the rooms are more modern than the outside, don't be scared off by the outside!
The bed is surprisingly really comfy and the room was very dark and relatively quiet at night so slept very well. All the good channels on the tv. Bathroom has aged but all very clean, decent towels which are replaced daily if you'd like.
Perfect location, right near bus terminal to downtown/ hollywood, (both met buses), and Santa Monica (big blue buses). Also the UCLA campus bus stops right outside. Staff at reception 24 hours and were always happy to answer questions, even show me the vending machine upstairs which i couldn't find upstairs on my own! They even gave me a list of nearby restaurants which deliver to the hotel which was great when arriving back at the hotel after a long day and wanting to order a pizza.
Breakfast was simple but again, much better thani expected. Bagels, toast, meats, cheeses, muffins & pastires + coffee/tea/juice. WIFI is also unbeatable, no password required - works well on phone and lap top (including skype video streaming).
DEFINITELY recommend it if you need to visit campus to visit children/look at the college/for business!
Much better than I ever imagined!

Room Tip: Was a little put off by being on the ground floor initially, but felt very safe with up to two staff members on front desk at all times so not a problem!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank LGF90
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Very simple and clean....rooms are small and simple furnishing but again, clean....they have a very nice continental breakfast with fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, prosciutto, hams, different cheeses, a variety of coffees (cappuchino, expresso, latte, regular coffees as well...they have a fireplace in the dining/sitting area where coffee and teas run freely all day long. The staff was very pleasant. We had to stay here for two days and it was better than I thought it would be, being a little guesthouse on campus.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Olena S
Reviewed October 17, 2011

This is the third time I've stayed at the UCLA guest house, but I probably won't be coming back. First, the positives: It's a fantastic location if you're doing something at UCLA, as it's located right on campus. The desk staff is friendly, helpful, and competent. There's a "business office" with free desktop computers to use and free printing (handy for printing out a boarding pass for your flight out). Breakfast is free and good enough. And wifi is free and blazingly fast---I did a speed test and got on the order of 100Mbps. (It's also easy to set up wifi from your laptop. You get a piece of paper form the front desk with a username and activation code. Fire up a browser and go to one of the specified networks. Then *don't use the activation code as a password*---instead, follow the written instructions and click on the link to activate the username with the activation code, creating your own password on the way.)

Now for the slightly bad. First, the rooms are getting slightly shabby. It's nothing very objectionable, as they are very clean, but my blanket had some holes worn through, the room-darkening curtains had a bunch of marks on them, the furniture was a bit dinged up, and the towels were all slightly different colors. Second, the breakfast area really doesn't have many places to sit---it's more of a waiting area than an eating area. Again, not ideal, but no big deal. Third, there's a lot of light in the rooms that comes in from under the door. I'm used to sleeping in a very dark room, so I found this made it a bit harder to sleep.

However, all these issues are minor, knocking off one star combined. The major issue is the bed. The bed in the room I got was rock hard, and has to be the most uncomfortable bed I've tried to sleep on for a long time. I think in retrospect I should have tried sleeping on the floor instead, as that may have been softer. In any case, I had a lot of trouble sleeping there once my initial exhaustion from travel wore off. The bed is enough of a problem (and my experience is seemingly consistent with other reviews) that, unless you're used to sleeping on plywood or something similar, I recommend against staying there, despite the other positives.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank a_traveler54
Reviewed July 6, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights to take a tour of UCLA and explore a few other LA schools. The location is PERFECT - if you can get a reservation. Try very early! It is like a small motel on the north east side of campus. It is very quiet and clean. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom is a little old and dated but was clean. The breakfast buffet was included and was fine but not lavish. Parking is limited but we had no trouble and left our car at the hotel and walked all over UCLA and Westwood.

Room Tip: Our room faced campus and the windows opened, which was nice.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank travelread
Reviewed April 23, 2011

The UCLA Guest House fits the bill for those with business on the UCLA campus -- especially suited for poor academics on a budget. During a recent 5-day conference on the UCLA campus, the Guest House was definitely home away from home. The rooms are simple but impeccably clean and comfortable enough. The bath amenities are eco-friendly, which is a nice touch for a campus entity. At ~$148 per night (including taxes), just steps away from my conference's meeting buildings, free wi-fi, free computer access and printing in the business center, and an EXCELLENT breakfast buffet, the Guest House is definitely the best value in Westwood and for anyone visiting UCLA's campus. An added bonus is the common area, which is complete with fireplace and free-flowing coffee and tea.

Now for the cons: Desk service is spotty. Although my roommate and I had booked a room with two beds months in advance for our conference, we received a room with only one bed. Fortunately, my roommie and I are good friends, otherwise sharing a bed for 5-nights with a semi-stranger would have definitely been a problem. I learned from other conference attendees that the desk also made other gaffes (no rollaway as requested, etc.). I also found that they sometimes give out incomplete information. For instance, connecting to the wi-fi is a bit complicated and requires registration first in the office center, but the woman who checked me in told me that it was "easy" and all I had to do was login from my own laptop in my room. Not so!

Even knowing what to expect service-wise, I will definitely stay at the UCLA Guest House again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business