“Hidden little gem...”

Ranked #5,326 of 10,036 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Armacost
Description: Does the expression informal superb mean anything?
Culver City
“Hidden little gem...”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The neighborhood isn't splashy, but walking through the door is really a surprise. Delightful little place with interesting decore. Menu isn't the biggest but the food is delicious. Was a bit disappointed when I asked for some dressing and was told they only had one, a citrus something. And, no Splenda for the ice tea. Shame, shame...
But, in their defense, their chef did an excellent job on the grilled chicken breast. Juicy, and delicate. Most overcook it until it's dry. Not here.
I'll go back, but next time I'll take my own Splenda.

• Visited September 2013

Tustin, CA
“Frozen Vegetables”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I just visited the Layla Cafe for a simple Sunday dinner. I was shocked to find that their roasted vegetables were actually mixed frozen vegetables warmed and served as the side dish to a tasteless chicken kabob. When I asked the server about the roasted vegetables offered on the menu he told me these were they, even though these were clearly not fresh nor roasted.

This cafe is very mediocre much like eating in a school or hospital cafeteria. The setting is cafeteria like and stark. My advice to the owners is to contact GORDON RAMSAY for a make-over ..... don't waste your time or money here.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank P8483TCalanr
Los Angeles
“An absolutely amazing Mediterranean restaurant.”
Reviewed November 29, 2010

There was always a need for a restaurant like this one on the westside of Los Angeles. Layla uses only fresh ingredients, is tasty, affordable, and the food is served in a wonderful indoor/outdoor setting where the temperature is always just right due to the presence of heaters. My wife and I used to drive by and notice the restaurant and one evening we stopped in. The proprietors, who also work very hard in the restaurant, greeted us warmly and that was the beginning of a lovely evening. Since then, we have returned several times and the quality of the food, the service, and the affordability factor have always been first rate. We just love it.