Open today: 7:30 AM - 10:00 PM

from $67.50
from $65.50
from $495.00
More Info
All reviews great tour beverly hills city tour afternoon tour rodeo drive farmers market hollywood sign griffith observatory la tour stars homes driver guide movie stars points of interest la traffic hollywood blvd highly recommend this tour take photos
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2018

We normally do not do more than 2 hours, but this 4 hour tour was perfect for us! Carlos was a fantastic guide with lots of info for our group. We thoroughly enjoyed our time in LA and our conversation with Carlos.

1  Thank Pam S
guidelinetours, Guest Relations Manager at Guideline Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2019

Hi Stephens61

Thanks for your kind words about Carlos.

Carlos, like all of our guides love to give out knowledge. Yes LA is the entertainment capitol of the world, but our rich diverse history allows our guides to offer vast amounts of information of Los Angeles, Hollywood, and Beverly Hills.
So glad you thoroughly enjoyed your day!

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

I bought the grand city tour from Expedia as I needed a pickup from my hotel. I was unable to get Uber to work. Apparently Guideline doesn't normally pick up from my hotel area due to the rough area. When I explained my situation they arranged to have Bing pick me up and drive me home. Carlos did the main tour.

This tour covers the following areas:
1. Downtown which includes the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Broad Museum.
2. Griffith Park Observatory (closed on tour day). I had seen it the day before.
3. Historic Hollywood Boulevard with Grumman's Chinese Theater, Star embedded sidewalk and Dolby Theater Area. We got extra time here since the Observatory was closed. I had gone to this area the day before but had not had time to see the Hollywood sign in the Dolby Theater area.
4. Sunset Strip
5. Beverly Hills with the sign, drive by stars homes and Rodeo drive
6. Farmer's market and Grove shopping area.

Both Bing and Carlos had a lot of background knowledge to add to these areas, which made this tour very enjoyable. Carlos was especially good with the children on the tour. I was impressed with both Bing and Carlos pleasant and knowledgeable demeanour.

This is a great tour that covers a lot of areas in LA, and I learned a lot.

1  Thank 2torontotraveller
guidelinetours, Public Relations Manager at Guideline Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2019

Hi 2torontotraveller,

Thank you very much for taking time out to share you experience with us.

I am so glad we could make arrangements for your pickup.

Thank you for your spot on description of what our tour covers.

I am glad you found our guides to be pleasant and have a knowledgeable demeanor while covering a lot of areas of the city.

I have noticed in your profile that you are a very seasoned traveler and I am honored that you described our tour to be a" great one".

Continued great travels to you, and see you next time you come down south from the beautiful country of Canada.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

This is an excellent time-bound tour especially when you are in a tight schedule. Carlos is a great tour guide and provides precise explanations. We were actually late for the pickup, but Paul picked us up separately and made us join the tour van! Both Paul and Carlos are excellent at customer service!

2  Thank Kannan B
guidelinetours, General Manager at Guideline Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2019

Hi Kannan B,

Thanks for your kind words regarding your tour with Carlos.

It's great Carlo's explanations of our great city informative and precise.

I do remember that hot busy August day when you were unfortunately late for your tour.

I am so happy I was able to accommodate you and your family that day and bring you to your tour bus.

I Hope to meet you and your family the next time you come to Southern California,

Paul
Guideline Tours

Reviewed August 16, 2018

The tour was disappointing. The tour guide somewhat ignorant regarding facts about LA that are regularly reported on in the news. A few of the stops were like, "Why bother?" The tour was disjointed -- perhaps because the city is disjointed. LA looks much nicer on TV and the movies -- I think I'll admire it there from now on.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank shaunsbrown

Hi shaunsbrown,

Thank you for your feedback . It is our goal to give visitors an understating and appreciation of the authentic, rich, and diverse culture of our city. Tours of movie sets and backlots are available at some of the many production studios that populate our city, and we are happy to give recommendations to those looking for a tour of that kind. Our tours are focused on the history, as well as, the new and now in Los Angeles, and we routinely update scripts, stops, and tour highlights to ensure our guests are getting the best of both worlds. Thank you.

Reviewed August 15, 2018

The tour was great! We started our tour from one of the hotels in Downtown LA (which was nice in itself because we had a drink in the hotel bar first, Guideline arrived on time to collect us...so NO standing around waiting with the crowds). First stop was Downtown at the Walt Disney Concert Hall. Bing was our tour guide and she was excellent, really knowledgeable about ALL the sights, especially liked her insider info about the celebrity ‘real estate’ houses we passed by in the Hollywood Hills, general info about property in the area and Griffith National Park facts. (My teenage girls loved this!). It was by far the best way to see LA particularly on a busy Saturday afternoon!!! Traffic is very busy here, but because we were in a luxurious air conditioned Mercedes tour van, we were able to go straight up to the top of Griffith Obsevatory and get out at the entrance (worth every penny....because we did NOT have to struggle walking up a tourist packed hill from lower car parks in the sweltering heat). Bing gave us a good 30 mins to explore the observatory and take our photos of the infamous ‘Hollywood Sign’, before collecting us to continue the tour. The views from up there were stunning! On the way down we passed by many celebrities homes and she really knew the Hills area very well. Next stop was Hollywood Boulevard, and she gave us and extra stop here to take photos outside Capitol Records at the start of the ‘Hollywood Walk of Fame - Stars’, before heading down to the Chinese and Dolby Theatre area, where we stopped for another 30 mins to take photos and grab an ice cream. We then headed down to West Hollywood, Sunset Strip and into Beverely Hills and drove down Rodeo Drive. The tours aren’t allowed to stop in Rodeo Drive, but we did get out beforehand to take our photos in front of the Beverely Hills sign. The afternoon tour started at approx 2pm and we got back to the hotel gone 6pm....a good 4 hours...so good value for money. An excellent way to see the cities sights very much in style and comfort, thus avoiding the crowds and ‘tacky tours’. Would highly recommend! Thank you Bing and Guidline Tours!

Hi Joanna,

Wow! This is a great description of your experience.

Thank you for taking time out to write this and we will see you next time you pass through SoCal.