“Awesome!”

and up
Grand City Tour of Los Angeles
Ranked #27 of 256 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Guideline Tours offers daily tours to and around: The Griffith Park Observatory/Hollywood Sign,Downtown LA-The Walt Disney Concert Hall,Hollywood Blvd, Farmers Market & The Grove, The Hollywood Walk of Fame/Grauman's Chinese Theater, Sunset Strip,Rodeo Drive/Beverly Hills,Santa Monica Beach, Venice Beach, Marina Del ReyDisneyland/ California Adventure,Universal Studios
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My family came in to visit me (I go to school at UCLA) and they wanted a tour of the city. I haven't lived here very long so I opted for a guided tour and went with Guideline Tours. My parents weren't interested in those roof-less buses (they sunburn easy in this heat) so we were very happy with the air-conditioned and comfortable bus they picked us up in. Our tour guide Tim was amazing! He was extremely friendly, knowledgable, and approachable when we had further questions and recommendations to ask him; whats more, he has one of those movie/commercial voices and was really entertaining. My family loved it and I got to learn more about the city I just moved to, I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a well-priced, informative and fun tour!

1  Thank Shane B
"mercedes van"
in 6 reviews
"safe driver"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this tour company"
in 4 reviews
"rodeo drive"
in 15 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
in 4 reviews
in 8 reviews
"trip to los angeles"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed May 10, 2012

This tour was recommended by the hotel we were staying in. It was a 1/2 day tour of LA including movie stars' homes but I felt it did too much of the homes and there was only 1 stop in Hollywood.
I dont recall going to Melrose Ave which was it advertised. The tour was to be for 3 hours however hotel advised return time as more than 4 hours, we were back before 3 hours. The price was similar to the cost of a day tour some other tour companys offer - I felt it was a big rip off, considering you also need to tip 15% to the driver on top!

Samuel S, General Manager at Guideline Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for writing a review and using our service. Unfortunately, it seems as though information was misinterpreted. In our brochure it is clearly stated that the PM city tour emphasizes Hollywood and Movie Stars homes. Perhaps you should have taken our (AM) Tour #1, which is a more a comprehensive city tour, covers more ground and is much longer. The afternoon city tour, however, is designed specifically as a concise version of the morning tour, and is advertised as with a three hour duration; we designate this time solely for the tour, sights and attractions, and we ensure our customers that they will receive all three hours of informative guidance.
The hotel would have conveyed to you a four hour tour, because of our complimentary pick up service. It is possible that your party was the last hotel on our route to be picked up before the tour, and the first to be dropped off after its completion, thus a perceived early arrival. Our complimentary pick up service is a feature that we pride ourselves on, as most other tour companies in Los Angeles do not offer a direct pick up and drop off for customers, this of course factors into our price lists. Further, it is customary for vehicles to display that gratuity is appreciated throughout the tour and travel business, but by no means do our drivers demand tips or gratuity and it is not mandatory. Thank you for your time. We will gladly take your concerns into consideration and make changes where they are necessary.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

I had a houseful for foreign guests for my husband's birthday last month and one of my treats was a tour of Los Angeles. Someone recommended Guideline Tours---great iterinary and reasonable rate. I was not disappointed. The bus showed up on time at our pick up site. The tour operator was very professional, organized and welcoming! My guests (2 from Switzerland and 1 from Hungary) and I had the grandest time in LA. Being a local, I didnt think I'd enjoy a day in LA---boy, was I mistaken. I learned a lot about my city from this tour. The tour guide was knowledgeable, entertaining and accommodating. The driver had our safety in mind at all times. It was apparent that everyone in the comfortable bus was really having fun. My guests could not thank me enough for this "treat".
Thank you for showing us the beauty of LA, Guideline Tours! Rose from Long Beach, CA

Reviewed April 19, 2012

I've been going back and forth from LA but I've never discovered other places on my own until I decided to take a guided tour with Guideline tours. I was apprehensive at first because my overall experience with tours hasn't been well overall but Guideline's staff and tourguides were very accomodating of my questions and were very helpful overall. They recommended different places to see and eat and they also offer tours to different attractions outside LA such as Disneyland and Universal Studios. They also knew about the new rides like The Simpsons wich replaced the Backto the Future ride. When I go back to LA I'll be sure to visit Universal studios again with Guideline!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 17, 2012

It was my first time in LA and I was recommended Guideline Tours and I have to say, it was a solid recommendation. They maintain a clear level of proffesionality and knowledge about the areas and I feel I was able to cover a lot of ground with them along with the other people in the tour. They maintain a good rapport with the customers they accompany and are quite engaging so as not to make you feel alienated especially since most people are likely going to be out of town or even country. I was able to see a lot of the locales you'd expect and hear about LA but also places I had no idea about and it really helps give you an idea and framework on the whole place in case you want to explore more later on, we were also given recommendations for other places to check out and they were able to answer any queries I and other people had about LA.

So like it was recommended to me, I too would recommend going for this service as it didn't disappoint at all in my experience.

2  Thank tenpoundpixel