“Wonderful, fresh sushi in DTLA”

SUGARFISH by sushi nozawa
Ranked #62 of 10,132 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Sugarfish has a limited but quality menu. They have a 3 tiered 'trust me' menu that apparently most people order. I ordered the trust me light and was going to add the oysters, but was told they were out. Made me wonder that if 90%+ diners order one of the trust me menus, how fresh is the ala carte? That said, my food was excellent. The fish was very fresh. Some reviewers have given the rice a bad review, but I thought it was perfect. The texture didn't fight with the deleciateness of the fish.

I arrived around 6:45 and the place was empty. By the time I left an hour or so later, the place was packed with a line out the door. I will definitely come back next time I'm in LA.

There are newer reviews for SUGARFISH by sushi nozawa

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Sugarfish has several locations in the city and if you are in the mood for good sushi, good service you can just pop in and get one of their menus.

1  Thank EPTraveller99
Reviewed March 20, 2013

It's not the best sushi joint in Los Angeles. However, when in central downtown and you have a sushi craving, this place will more than satisfy your desire. The fish is fresh but the rice could be better.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

The first time I ever tried sushi and it was in LA and I'm from england, worth the money atmosphere was vibrant waiting half hour to be seated so if you like vibrant busy restaurant head here forms night out! Servise was excelent!! Scallops was so trastey! Will definitely be returning!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I and a friend caught up over sushi and tempura. The environment was very nice, the staff was attentive and the food was excellent.