“Best sound quality ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Greek Theatre

Ranked #52 of 542 things to do in Los Angeles
Lake in the Hills, Illinois
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Best sound quality ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

The Greek is a natural setting for a musical performance. The acoustics of the theater are enhanced by the trees ringing the back of the venue. The bathrooms are clean and nice. Get there early so you can park non-stacked parking for 20 dollars. Yes the food and drink is pricey but its quality and its always expensive at a concert setting. You can purchase a bottle of wine fairly reasonably, but pass on the giant margarita for 15 bucks, I think they forgot to put tequila in it. Bring blankets and jackets! It was cool. Relax and enjoy-I just saw Guster, Ben Folds Five and Bare Naked Ladies. It was a great lineup and a fun show.

Pasadena, California
“The Greek Theatre is a California Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

If you get the opportunity to see a show - GO! If the weather is nice, with a good show it is the BEST. The parking is a mess that is the downfall. I would suggest you spend the extra $$$$
with the Dine & ride program. To sit under the stars with great sound it is a great experience.

Visited July 2012
Lawrence, Kansas
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Such a Lovely Evening at The Greek Theatre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We attended the Barry Manilow concert at The Greek Theatre. We had what could be called the worst seats in the house, and they were great. It is such an intimate theatre where you can really have a great concert experience, no matter where you sit. The theatre might, quite honestly, have the best bathroom facilities I have ever seen for such a venue.

The sound was solidly descent. I think if I have one criticism it would be that they need to upgrade their multimedia system. They have 1 camera, and it stayed on Barry Manilow just about the entire night. I would have liked to have seen images of the band and the dancers, and heck, even the crowd who was SO getting into the music.

If you attend, I would strongly recommend that you take advantage of dine & ride. There are a number of restaurants with a prix fixe meal that also includes parking and a shuttle to and from the venue. That is a very well run system, and I would recommend it again.

Anaheim, CA
159 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 285 helpful votes
“Intimate venue, get centered seats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you look past the parking, this place is very intimate and has a great concert atmosphere. It's best if you sit in the center, not on the side, and every seat seems to be a good seat if you are centered.

I went to see Barry Mallow on Father's Day, and splurged with the Dine and ride program. Worth every penny to avoid the Greek parking.

We had dinner at the Dresden, and Dine and ride shuttled us to the Greek and dropped us off right at the front gate

I did a review on the Dresden experience, as well as Dine and ride. My seats were in row J in the front part of the theater. It was a little bit to the right, and I realized it was much better if I was more centered, even a little further up.

Not sure if I would go to the Greek again, because of the stack parking. But if I had to splurge on Dine and Ride, yes I would do it again

1 Thank callmemochelle
Los Angeles, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Large yet intimate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

The Greek Theater has become my favorite venue for concerts. Even though the theater hold almost 6000 people there realy is no bad seat in the house. The open air and surrounding trees make the Greek feel comfotable and welcoming. Furthermore, seating is comfortable with a fair amount of leg room (important since I'm 6'4"). Also, the acoustics are excellent. Parking can be a little daunting but not to bad; get there early and have a picnic in the surrounding park. Overall, for a LA concert you will not beat the Greek.