“Such a Lovely Evening at The Greek Theatre”
Review of The Greek Theatre

$200.00*
Los Angeles Air Tour over Santa Monica, Downtown LA and Hollywood
Ranked #51 of 576 things to do in Los Angeles
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We attended the Barry Manilow concert at The Greek Theatre. We had what could be called the worst seats in the house, and they were great. It is such an intimate theatre where you can really have a great concert experience, no matter where you sit. The theatre might, quite honestly, have the best bathroom facilities I have ever seen for such a venue.

The sound was solidly descent. I think if I have one criticism it would be that they need to upgrade their multimedia system. They have 1 camera, and it stayed on Barry Manilow just about the entire night. I would have liked to have seen images of the band and the dancers, and heck, even the crowd who was SO getting into the music.

If you attend, I would strongly recommend that you take advantage of dine & ride. There are a number of restaurants with a prix fixe meal that also includes parking and a shuttle to and from the venue. That is a very well run system, and I would recommend it again.

There are newer reviews for The Greek Theatre

Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you look past the parking, this place is very intimate and has a great concert atmosphere. It's best if you sit in the center, not on the side, and every seat seems to be a good seat if you are centered.

I went to see Barry Mallow on Father's Day, and splurged with the Dine and ride program. Worth every penny to avoid the Greek parking.

We had dinner at the Dresden, and Dine and ride shuttled us to the Greek and dropped us off right at the front gate

I did a review on the Dresden experience, as well as Dine and ride. My seats were in row J in the front part of the theater. It was a little bit to the right, and I realized it was much better if I was more centered, even a little further up.

Not sure if I would go to the Greek again, because of the stack parking. But if I had to splurge on Dine and Ride, yes I would do it again

1  Thank callmemochelle
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The Greek Theater has become my favorite venue for concerts. Even though the theater hold almost 6000 people there realy is no bad seat in the house. The open air and surrounding trees make the Greek feel comfotable and welcoming. Furthermore, seating is comfortable with a fair amount of leg room (important since I'm 6'4"). Also, the acoustics are excellent. Parking can be a little daunting but not to bad; get there early and have a picnic in the surrounding park. Overall, for a LA concert you will not beat the Greek.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I went to see the concert "The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Godesses" and it was one of the best shows I've ever been to. The theater was great, with nice views. Despite being an outdoor theater, the acoustics were great and the weather helped giving a refreshing night.

The only cons I can think of is that parking was a little expensive, and the food was also a bit overpriced, despite being very tasty.

I would recommend to anyone to visit the theater as long as they are going to watch a show they are interested into.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was a bit dissapointed about this theater. You can not miss it in the way to the observatory but too me it was not worth the stop. Also it is hard to find parking in the area. If you have lots of time you can go inside, otherwise just keep driving to the Griffith Observatory. To me it was not worht the stop.

1  Thank YEG-AB