“Fantastic”

Ranked #10 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Brisbane, Australia
“Fantastic”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were really impressed with our room. Very spacious and homely. The staff were young but really helpful and friendly and went out of their way to help us. The hotel was in a great location as well, with a easy walk to attractions and train line. I would stay here again and will recommend to all our travelling friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
London
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Decadent hotel where every room is a well organised suite where vintage sophistication meets modern chic! The eye is definitely in the detail - staff were efficient and friendly. Well located off Hollywood boulevard. Awesome!

Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Very good hotel. Very, very nice staff. I lied the location. One only glitch, or two. Friday and Saturday evenings were VERY noisy because of loud events' venue just under our room 507. If staying over the week end ask for a room on the Hollywood Bvd. side

Kent
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We walked into our room and were wowed. It was enormous. It had everything we could have needed. Kitchen was clean bed was vast and comfy. No bath but the size of the bathroom and closet made up for that. The room was clean and the hotel was in a great location. We had a hire car during our stay and used the parking lot right next to the hotel as it was cheaper than the hotels parking. The hotel is hard to fault but one negative is that we did hear a lot of noise at night and our room had no view. These were easy to overlook though as everything else was great. We ate in the hotel restaurant and the food was scrummy. I will be recommending this hotel.

1 Thank KentHkc
brazil
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The location was great, the staff were friendly and very accomodating. The hotel is very cool and my room was clean and spacious, the bed was very comfy. I had no issues with noise from outside. I think that everything was really great, but could have at least an iphone dock or the turntable (and discs) could be in better conditions. However, I would definitely stay there again.

Citrus Heights
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed at The Redbury Hotel September 15-17, 2013. We couldn't have picked a better place to stay. The ambience is that of a loft in San Francisco (I lived there for a few years in the 1970's) and has the feel of a modern-day, unique house. There is a smell of fragrant incense in the air throughout the hotel and the colors lend themselves to a painting by Picasso. Every staff member was polite, professional and helpful, from the front desk to maintenance and valet. I loved having a full kitchen with the new Keurig k-cup coffeemaker. I must admit I had never used one before and needed a staff member to help me figure it out. It is a pretty amazing little machine....and very easy to operate once you figure it out! I was blown away by the book on the coffee table about Los Angeles and delighted when they actually let me take it home for free, as well a couple of the magazines. We dined at Cleo and had a superb dining experience, with Patrick as our waiter. Scotty was also amazing, as well as Edward and Natalia at the front desk and Matt (and other names I can't remember) in Valet. There are also a couple of maintenance people whose names escape me as well, but every staff member we came in contact with was exceptional. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to experience the Hollywood lifestyle. There is even a phonograph player with vintage vinyl records for those nostalgic buffs out there like us. There is a club next to the hotel for night life and Katsuya Restaurant less than a block away where we also dined was exceptional. Our server was Felix and she was amazing and extremely knowledgeable about the menu and our dining experience was made easy by just having her recommend what to eat, which we did. Very enjoyable experience. I wish we had more time in Hollywood, as I understand that they have shuttles that take you over to the SLS Hotel sister property if you want to swim in their rooftop pool. Maybe next time. I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.

Room Tip: I can't comment on either the swimming pool or the Fitness Center, as we did not use them, but r...
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We got back from here on Sunday, & first impressions were great, & we were really impressed with the room, & after being in Vegas, it was nice to have a room with a kettle! The cleanliness of the apartment was questionable though. The rug was clearly not hoovered daily, and there was a layer of dust on most surfaces. The balcony was unusable due to the air con vent pumping out heat at full whack, & I really feel that a pool is needed in order to compete with other hotels in the area. The staff did not seem to have much knowledge of the area, so we had to work things out ourselves. We still had a great holiday, but the Redbury does need to make a lot of improvements to survive.

• Stayed September 2013