“A true star hotel in LA” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Redbury Hollywood

The Redbury Hollywood
Ranked #12 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
glasgow
“A true star hotel in LA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

Stayed for four nights in September 2011, had a wonderful top floor flat with comfortable open plan living room / kitchen, with every home comfort you could want. There was a large mosaic ensuite shower room adjacent to the very sumptuous soft four poster bed. The decor is very retro chic and it's great to stay at this unique trendy hotel. The flat had a small balcony with views over the rooftops to the Hollywood sign and to tower records beside the hotel.

Staff were all very friendly, professional and welcoming- they were all excellent!

The hotel has plenty shops close by and is 2 minutes walk to the LA Metro. There is a Wholefoods Market 5 mins walk away if you don't want to eat out every night with plenty tasty fresh meals, wine, beer etc

Definitely give the Redbury a go - it's a real star in Hollywood.

Room Tip: Ask for high room as there can be noise from adjacent night club at weekends, alternatively go and e...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank glennharrold

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

I travel to LA for business several times a month, and usually stay at Redbury. This is, by far, my favorite hotel in LA. Possibly one of my favorite hotels, anywhere. Why? The service is great, the room is about the best you could imagine, and the overall experience is just plain cool! Tired of the forgettable Westins, Hiltons and Hyatts that all blend together in a blur of beige and greys? Then you need to stay at the Redbury! This is the ultimate anti-corporate hotel. Yeah, there's no pool or fitness center, but I can do without for one or two nights. I also strongly recommend Cleo, the restuarant. My view of most LA restaurants is that they put atmosphere ahead of food. Cleo, however, is the perfect mix of excellent food and great atmosphere!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank nelsonjj
Williamsburg, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

Before our long weekend to West Hollywood, I searched the internet for a hotel that had location and comfort. The Redbury appeared to meet our needs. We arrived early and the Redbury allowed us to park and store our bags until the room was ready. So we set out to explore West Hollywood, Beverly Hills and Santa Monica. We returned to the hotel late afternoon. Our room was ready, and it exceed our expectations. A full kitchen, living area with a flat screen TV and phonograph with a good supply of LP's, the bedroom area was beautifully decorated and the bed extremely comfortable, the bathroom was wonderful as well. The shower light was out, we asked them to replace the lightbulb and it was done efficiently and quickly. We chose to listen to Alabama on the phonograph, which was fun! The first night in the restaurant Cleo was a new experience for us, small plates with very unique offerings. It was a little dark for us at our table that night, so the next evening we chose to sit at the bar, we thoroughly enjoyed the bartenders and the food! We intend to Return and would recommend The Redbury to all.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

I will keep this review short and sweet DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! They feel empowered that since they are a fancy hotel they can charge you whatever they want for hotel amenities. Whats even worse is that they don't even have the audacity to call you back to discuss terms. I will not get into detail but to sum up this complaint is trust me do not stay here. Trust me there is nothing worse to be at the mercy of someone when they can do what ever they want with it. I always thought it was the other way around, I guess I was wrong!

Room Tip: The management is TERRIBLE!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank tom n
Kara-TheRedbury, General Manager at The Redbury Hollywood, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Dear Tom,

I regret to hear about your perception of the Redbury. I would like to clarify however that all charges posted to your account were based on actual consumption of honor bar items by you and your guests. The said consumption of in-room amenities is the sole discretion of the guest in residence and so is the responsibility to help foster and create an environment that is respectful of other hotel guests and hotel associates.

Despite a violation of the hotel’s party policy, we believe all the necessary steps were taken in due time to ensure your ultimate comfort while staying at the Redbury.

I would like to assure you that your request for comprehensive compensation was denied solely based on facts and findings discussed above and I wish to thank you for your understanding.

I personally remain at your disposal for any questions.

Xavier Moulin
Helsinki
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

The location and vibe are perfect! Obviously very connected to the city and the neighborhood. Great place for extended stays. The company also owns lots of cool restaurant which is really cool and a big benefit.

• Stayed June 2011
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

The Redbury is an amazing place to stay! Rooms are fully equiped with everything you need to survive a weekend in LA. There is ample space, including a kitchen and living room. The hotel is at Hollywood and Vine - prime location for all that is happening!

There are 2 venues to eat within the hotel. Both were great. Saw a few stars during dinner at Cleo, and the "Library" has an amazing outside lounge and bar.

Valet staff stand out, very respectful and helpful, as well as Jeff one of the hosts. Jeff provided us with LOTS of ideas for things to do in LA. Overall this was a great experience and I will definitly be returning!

Only other thing I would add is that as a mother of 4 kids I would say this is more of a non-kid hotel. The Library boasts music until late night, and while it didn't disturb us, it may disturb young children.

• Stayed September 2011
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

My boyfriend and I LOVE this hotel! We've stayed here 3 times now and always enjoy ourselves. The staff is always great and even remembered us from prior visits, which made us feel good, like we're not just random faces they have to help as part of their job. They rooms are so uniquely designed (the whole place is really). I love the living rooms and kitchens so you can stay in and make something if you want. There's a Trader Joes right down the street. My favorite part is the record player and vinyl records. Every room has a different selection. That's the first thing I check when I get in the room. My only complaint would be the lighting in the bathroom. It's pretty dark and makes putting make up on kinda hard, especially if you're trying to dress up at night. The restaurant in the hotel, Cleo, is good. But we really like Katsuya, which is only a block away. Try them both if you get the chance!

• Stayed August 2011