“Amazingly fun, filling and informative tour of Hollywood.”
Review of Tourific Escapes

Tourific Escapes
Ranked #1 of 38 Food & Drink in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Hollywood is the center of celebrity fame and history. It also carries a rich tradition in food and trendy culinary cuisine. We blend all of this history, tradition, fame, and cuisine into one TOURific experience, our Hollywood Sites & Bites tour. We'll see most of Hollywood's famous landmarks, talk about Hollywood history, and stop at some of the best (some hidden gems) restaurants where all of our Hollywood friends like to eat! The food is fabulous, the history is awesome, and we promise you won't leave hungry or lacking in Hollywood knowledge! We also offer a Celebrity Insider Movie Locations tour that showcases famous filming sites in Beverly Hills, Century City and Hollywood. You'll be in the company of a leading Entertainment Journalist who will share the inside scoop on all the big stars and the movies they make. Our seasonal, specialty Chocolate Indulgence tour takes you where the locals like to buy their chocolates. All tours are in the comfort of a customized, fully-air conditioned mini-van with surround sound! Group size is maximum 7 guests for a truly personalized experience. We are happy to offer any of these tours for your private group of family or friends. Please use discount code "tripadvisor" when booking and you'll receive $15 off each ticket.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
San Francisco
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Amazingly fun, filling and informative tour of Hollywood.”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I am so glad I booked this tour! With it being #1 on Tripadvisor, it was kind of hard not to =). Anyway, Trish and Matt were amazing, genuine and so accommodating. The tour starts with a walking portion around Grauman's Chinese Theatre before boarding a comfortable and cool shuttle bus. From there, a tour of several local landmarks and about 6 different eateries. The food is aplenty and you definitely get a wide variety of flavors along the tour. Not one negative thing to say. I will recommend this tour to all friends/family.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Overwhelmed by the hospitality”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I booked this tour via Internet after reading reviews here in TA and was supposed to arrive in L.A. at 6:15 p.m. the night before, but arrived at 1:30 a.m. With the wake-up a few hours after going to sleep, I was going to cancel and let the money go, in spite of already having paid. Yet, I made the extra-effort and showed for the tour, bleary-eyed and bleak in humor. I am so thankful that I did as Trish, Maureen and Steve pumped me full of the tons of energy, exuberance and Joie de Vivre that they offer on this trip. It was Maureen's first solo as guide, but Trish was on hand, and it turns out that Steve knows a lot as well. Tons of trivia, nice tourist stops and the food stops were mostly extraordinary and a bit off the beaten tourist path. I loved all of the stops, although I don't really like sweets. I would pay big money at the moment for a crack bacon Quesadilla from Grub or a pastrami from Greenblatt's deli. Thanks Trish, Maureen and Steve for making this a super memorable 5 Star stop. Cheers!

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fun start to our trip to Los Angeles”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We choose this tour for two reasons, firstly it was no1 on Trip advisor site and secondly we love food. It did not disappoint!!! Trisha and A J our driver were very welcoming , we were a small group ,which was very nice. Trish has a very nice manner and was very informative . We went back to one of the venues for supper the next evening. I would have no hesitation in recommending this tour. Thank you trish and AJ :-)

Maryland
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Hollywood Sites & Bites tour from TOURific Escapes - Bring your appetite!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My 21 year-old daughter and I love interesting tastes and wanted something a little bit different from a bus tour of the stars' homes during a quick visit to LA - and we got exactly what we were looking for - a visit combining fun vistas with yummy visits to 6 uniquely LA eateries. Trish and her husband Matt (our van driver) made our visit extra special. We started at the lovely Roosevelt hotel around 10 AM, walked a bit around Hollywood near the Chinese theatre area, found some spectacular views of the Hollywood sign we would never have found on our own, and tasted some of the best and most interesting food imaginable. Trish was a cruise director in a past life - she definitely knew how to tell a story. She gave just enough information to keep everything light and interesting. Matt, a commercial pilot when not helping Trish, was a great driver and fun to talk to as well. Although some of the foods might not appeal to a little child's palate, there is something for everyone and this tour is ideal for adults and older teens. There is minimal walking and few stairs, so older adults would also be very comfortable on this tour. We tasted mini cupcakes from Crumbs (try coconut) along with iced coffee, drove to Susan Feniger’s restaurant called STREET,where we sampled a ginger tamarind cooler, Kaya Toast (with coconut jam, egg, dark soy, and white pepper), laundry day fritters, chicken satay, and meatballs - all delicious street food. Nearby, we went to Mozza2Go and had the Bianca and the Margharita pizzas - super light crust. Greenblatt’s Deli was also close-by, where we had pastrami sandwiches, coleslaw, pickle spears and black-cherry soda (shades of NYC). Probably the best stop was at John Kelly Chocolates, where we went into the chocolate-making area to watch the chocolateers at work and taste a variety of their award winning chocolates, including sea salt, caramel, walnut, peanut butter, chili and more. If that wasn't enough, we stopped for a second desert at an ice cream shop called Mashti Malone’s - where we had Persian-inspired flavors like lavender, rosewater saffron with pistachios, and orange blossom. All in all, this was a super way to spend 4 hours in LA - super highly recommended. Do not eat breakfast before going on this tour!

1 Thank Susan18
Lynchburg, VA
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“If you like traveling and food, do this!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I took this tour and LOVED it! I wasn't sure it would live up to all the reviews on TA but it absolutely did. We had the great fortune of being Maureen's first tour on her own while under Trish's watchful eye. Maureen did a great job introducing us to so many Hollywood sites we would never have known about and the restaurant samplings were terrific. There was a great variety of food, more than enough to eat, and everywhere we went they made us feel very welcome. We also appreciated how well timed it was. Enough time to enjoy it at a good pace but always enough time for breaks, questions and photos. My advice is book this tour first when you come to Hollywood!! ps. Hi to Trish's Mom!!