“Old Hollywood Stars and Bars”

Los Angeles Urban Adventures
Total Los Angeles Tour: Bike Rental, Cupcake Tasting and Museum Admission
Ranked #6 of 41 Food & Drink in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our Los Angeles Urban Adventures team will show you local hotspots hidden from mass tourism. Whether it’s tasting favorite food and drink, ogling awesome architecture, or soaking up the local ambiance, we’ll ensure your Los Angeles experience is fun, fantastic and totally off the beaten path!
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Oh my goodness, I never knew Hollywood was so cool! I've walked the boulevard many times and never even noticed some of the bars we visited. This is your chance to do something out of the ordinary and visit somewhere the tourists don't know about. Act like a local - a local from the 40s that is!! And do it with Summer! She knows her stuff, she's fun, and she's totally laid back. She made each of our stops chill but we still learned things as we went. What a great way to see a different side of Hollywood! I can't wait to revisit the bars, and maybe even do the tour a second time!

1  Thank kristynlg

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I just went on the Stars and Bars tour with Summer and had a really great time. The tour took us to cool bars in Hollywood where we learned a lot about the history and had great food and drinks. Summer was an excellent tour guide. She was smart, funny and very friendly. She was very informative and answered all of our questions. I would recommend taking a tour with Summer :-) By the end...our group was laughing and acting like old friends.

2  Thank Lulu3630
UrbanAdventuresUSA, Director of Sales at Los Angeles Urban Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Hi Lulu 3630,

Thanks for the nice review! Summer is a great person and guide. She puts a lot of passion and effort into showing how great Los Angeles really is.

Happy Travels!

Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

Just finished a great tour with Summer. I live in Hollywood and had no clue there was still so much history to be seen. Summer is very knowledgeable and shares the stories with much enthusiasm. All of the bars/restaurants we went to had great advice, and I can't wait to return!

1  Thank TheGreenGlobetrotter

Hi KendallGayle,

What a nice review! Hollywood has lots of hidden gems and stories and Summer is one of a kind! Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 31, 2012

we had just one full day in LA on a short stopover and picked urban adventures LA Getaway because it was a small group and had a local guide. our guide was full of personality and kept us entertained with stories and tales beyond the normal 'tourist' site stuff. we had a great lunch in the farmers market, celebrity spotted in Rodeo drive and Beverly hills and got a great view from the hollywood sign. Best bit was cruising along on bikes in the sun at Venice beach. I don't know how else we would get to do all of this in one day - highly recommend for a stop over or a first day of a longer stay in LA just to get the feel of the different areas of LA.

1  Thank Baz B
Reviewed January 26, 2012

This day trip in LA was very nice! Joseph Olguin gave us a great overviwe to Los Angeles. He was very friendly, flexible and very helpful. He even did me the favor to pick up my luggage and drive me to my next hotel which was further away. I really appreciated this helpful gesture!!