“Quite a find!”

Neighborhood: Westside
Sarasota, Fl
“Quite a find!”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Looking for Dim Sum in west Los Angeles, we found the Palace Seafood and Dim Sum via a google search. What a surprise, tucked on the second floor of a small shopping center on the corner of Wilshire and Barryington we found just what we were looking for. In addition to a full Chinese menu, they have a quite large selection of Dim Sum. Service was prompt and the serving carts were never far away. Prices were very reasonable for this area and the food quality was excellent. The restaurant was decorated in your normal Chinese Restaurant decor (lots of gold and red) but, that said, the atmosphere was nice, quite, and relaxing. Will be back next time were in Santa Monica and highly recommend

• Visited March 2012

Rosemead, California
“Great Service, Great Dim Sum”
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Came here with my family for dim sum. Food and service was great. We arrived at a good time, so we got seated immediately. The manager personally greeted us which made us feel welcomed. I would definitely come back again.

los angeles, ca
“Palace Seafood and Dim Sum is terrible. Terrible food, terrible unconcered service. Do NOT go!!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2010

his is the new restaurant in the location previously occupied by VIP Harbor Seafood, which was the only place to get dim sum on the West Side. Well, there is now no place to go for dim sum on the West Side. The dim sum in this new "restaurant" is inedible. The sesame shrimp, which used to be one of the better dim sum dishes at VIP, was burned and inedible. The other dim sum was tasteless, overpriced and also inedible. I used to go to VIP at least 2-3 times a month, meeting friends who came from the valley to share dim sum with me. NO MORE. I am embarrassed to take anyone there, the food is so bad. I'm not a novice in dim sum, i've eaten it around the world, including in places where I'm the only caucasian there, and so I know what I like, and this isn't it. The new owners or managers couldn't care less what you think, they were rude and dismissive. Maybe if the food were good, it would be worth the effort to get it, since you almost need to tackle the waitresses to have them stop at your table and allow you to order food, but with food this bad it just isn't worth trying to get it. When we complained to the waiter and then the manager, they really didn't understand why we didn't want the food and why we could be upset. They charged for food we couldn't eat and sent back. I paid the bill and then told them that, based on the poor quality of food they served, they should have been embarrassed and ashamed to charge me for it, when we had complained. Their response was to shrug their shoulders and walk away. I will not be back and have warned everyone i know (and there are 50 of us in my office who will no longer eat there, as well as about 20 people who used to meet me there for meals) not to go there. Too bad, i liked having dim sum as an alternative to the italian and Japanese restaurants that dominate the west side.

As for "regular" Chinese food, forget it. Greasy, not very tasty and overpriced. You would be better walking down the street to some of the other Chinese restaurants where at least the lousy greasy Chinese food only costs $6 for lunch "specials". This just isn't the place for any food.