“Best Brats!”

Brats Brothers
Cuisines: European, German
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Brats Brothers is a gourmet sausage grill and German restaurant in Sherman Oaks. We offer a variety of traditional and exotic bratwursts, an array of tasty side dishes, wiener schnitzel and spaetzel. Our bratwursts include pork, beef, veal, chicken, turkey, ostrich, duck, buffalo, elk, alligator and kangaroo. We source our products from award-winning small business providers, ensuring we only serve the best available. Brats Brothers loves offering specials off our menu to highlight great seasonal items. Our restaurant is truly a unique setting, reminiscent of the inside of a tent at Germany's famed Oktoberfest in Bavaria. It truly ads to the quality food we serve. We are proud to have been featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

These brats will not disappoint! We were staying at Disney, and this definitely warranted the hour-long commute from Anaheim in stop and go traffic. We saw this place on DDD, and having lived in Germany for years, had to see if it was truly up to snuff. Well, you will not be disappointed! The saurkraut is AMAZING, as are the Bavarian brats. Finished off the meal with some apple streduel, which went down nicely. Overall great experience, with great service and atmosphere!

1  Thank Samantha W
Vadim N, Owner at Brats Brothers, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thanks, Samantha! Coming from someone who really knows their brats, this is a huge compliment. I hope you and your family enjoyed the vacation and I hope to see you all in again one day!

Best,

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We went on a Saturday night when they had a ompa band and I can't imagine going when they weren't there. The band had everyone singing along and even dancing on the tables. It made for a really great evening. I am just sorry it is 7 hours from where I live or I would be there a couple times a month.

The service was good though we did have to use some gestures when the band was playing. There was 6 of us with all getting different things. The only things that the group would not order again was the spaetsal (to dry) and the pork shank (too big and not tender). We shared the pancake thing for dessert but could only eat a couple of fork fulls. It was good but we were stuffed.

I underestimated how much room dark beer takes up in my stomach, I am glad I just ordered brat and side special because that was all the room left after two beers.

1  Thank justmeinsd

Thanks for the awesome review! Glad you and your friends had a blast at our place. We wish you lived closer so you could come see us again soon! If you're ever in town, just know we'll have a table ready and waiting for you.

Best,

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The schnitzel was delicious and the tater tots were amazing (not your cafeteria spuds)!
The live music by Richárd is what will keep us coming back whenever we travel to LA. Every employee was friendly and made us feel like family. We had a perfect evening of tasty food and authentic music. Love it!

Delicious food, great music, and an overall great time! Sounds like we're doing something right. Hope to see you in again soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has everything that you need. It was showed on Diners Drive Ins and Dives. I had to check it out. It surpassed my expectations. The brats were moist and flavorful. The cheese spaetsal and the tater tots were great. The atmosphere and service were fantastic. I wanted to order something different so I ordered alligator. It was great. I recommend this place to anybody.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We chose this restaurant because it had been on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. We were seated promptly on the patio. The seating was a little cramped but it was ok. Our orders were taken fairly promptly, and our drinks came fairly soon, but after that, we never saw our waitress or our food for a loooooong time. Our waitress finally came to another nearby table and we got her attention to ask about our food. We got it fairly promptly after that, but we had been there over 45 minutes by that time. We think that she forgot to turn our order in initially. Fortunately, the food was pretty good, and being on the patio, we had a nice view of the comings and goings from other restaurants nearby. There was street parking nearby, but there was also valet parking available on the street which was shared by several restaurants. I would probably not go back because of the bad service, but the food was worth trying, and maybe the poor service was just a fluke.