“Excellent meal”
Review of WP24

WP24
Reserve with OpenTable
WP24 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #164 of 10,239 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Olympic Blvd. & Georgia St
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were six for a biz meeting that started at 530PM. I didn't do the ordering, but enjoyed the tasting. A few examples-
Apps
Duck rolls 7/10 tasty but looked a bit unhappy
Pork Dumplings 9/10 very very good, and just the right amount of food
lobster in simple fried shell 8/10
entree
Soft Shells 7/10 big crabs, but a little to much batter
Sea Bass 10/10 very clean and fresh. could have had another order
Wagyu with greens 10/10 Yes there is sauce on the meat, but its Wagyu style, you're not at CUT. very very good.
best of all the service 10/10. By the time we departed it was a full house.
Klaus Puck was very focused on our wines which somehow made them taste even better.
Glad to see WP is rocking.

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Lovely food but overcharged outrageously for our large group. Rice delivered to the table for $36 unasked for. Additional charges for some with special dietary requirements were a surprise. Left a very bad impression - excellent chef was badly represented by his staff.

1  Thank Harefield109
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I live downtown LA, I'm here all the time whether it's just me and my hubby watching a game or any time we have guests in town. I also refer a lot of business folks here.

There are 2 sections, the lounge/bar and the restaurant. Both share the same stunning view of Los Angeles, it is so pretty up here day or night. And it is all indoor, so you never have to worry about weather raining you out (not that it rains often here).

I'll review seperately because they are very different.

1) the Restaurant - - food and service are 5 star. I've eaten here 3 times. It's pre-fix only menu. Some of the must trys: the duck - served whole and carved table side; the lamb chops; the beef. For an app they have a dumpling flight which is great so you can try a lot of different items. The menu is for 3 items or 4. 3 is plenty and enough for all to share and try many things. If you aren't into dessert (like myself), you can substitute your 3rd course dessert for an extra app. Or maybe just sub for one of you and share a dessert.
Corkage is allowed, last time I was there it was $25 per bottle. Helps to bring down the overall cost of dinner, which is very expensive here. But worth every penny!
Make sure to make a ressie, this place fills up fast, we typically book 4 weeks in advance especially if you are looking to go on a weekend.

2) the bar/lounge. This area is HUGE, about 3 times the size of the restaurant. There is a ton of seating where you can enjoy the view, plus they have several TVs, so you can watch any sporting event that happens to be on. There is a seperate lounge food menu from what the restaurant offers. All bite size snacks and all are delicious. I recommend the bacon wrapped dumplings, and the sweet and spicy wings - they are SO good. They have an extensive cocktail list all made to order. Drinks are pricy (12-15), but you are paying for the ambiance and view.
They do not take reservations for the lounge, but I've never gone and not found a table. If you are driving from far away, please call ahead first to make sure it's not closed for a private event.

So if you don't have the time or money for dinner, I recommend at least stopping in for a drink and appetizer. You won't be dissappointed with the view!

1  Thank cutecdnchick
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Anytime there is quail on a menu I have to give it a try. This was excellent. Spicy and a little sweet also. I was given chop sticks to begin, and I'm pretty good with chop sticks, had to ask for a place setting. Yummy drinks and great views from level 24!!!!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Upscale dining at its best! The dining room is lovely, with wall to wall views of downtown Los Angeles. Yes, part of the view is the freeway - but it is a spectacular sweeping view of the freeways, high rises, Staples Center, LA Live. The decor is modern, granite tables and extremely comfortable chairs. The staff are all polished professionals. Staff provides top-notch service and yet know how to make diners feel very comfortable in this environment. We were served by Bikram and Heather, they treated us equally as important at the very famous celebrity seated next to us. Now to the meal. OMG! Fantastic. My husband was thrilled with the sesame toast amuse bouche, which I admit was a tasty start. The seasonal white corn with shrimp wonton was a very flavorful, unique first course for me. My husband always orders the short rib rolls and is never disappointed. Our main entree, the Peking Duck, is the best you will find. It is brought, cooked to the table, whole. Then they take it to cut it. The breast is served first, the remainder minus the head and neck, is served on a separate platter. The rolls, sauce, and accompaniments make this a special Peking delight! The side of noodles with braised oxtail is incredibly flavorful as was the eggplant. If this meal wasn't perfect enough, the desserts were exceptional. I ordered what seems to be the pastry chefs upscale interpretation of our childhood Dreamsicle memories. OMG, light and airy and bursting with flavor. Presentation of every item that came to our table was unique and beautiful. If you are not impressed dining here....then a view, exceptional service and amazing food will never impress you. Of course, this all comes with a price. Dining room was very active, at 100% occupancy, but we could easily hear ourselves and enjoyed a very romantic dinner.