“Excellent food and good service”
Review of Culina

Culina
Reserve with OpenTable
Culina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 10,754 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Cross street: Burton Way
Description: Culina, Modern Italian has been recognized as one of the top restaurants in Los Angeles by Zagat, one of the best restaurants for power lunches by both The Hollywood Reporter and Haute Living, and is among Wine Enthusiast's list of the "100 Best Wine Restaurants."
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was our first visit so we tried to have a sampling of various items. My wife and I ordered and shared family style. The bread, olive oil, various olives and bread sticks were all excellent! We had seconds (or was it thirds?) on the bread and oil. We started with the tuna sashimi and cold vegetable dishes, all very good, especially the lentils with beets and eggplant with goat cheese. Next we sampled the meatballs and the octopus with garbanzo beans. The octopus was the best we've ever had! I highly recommend. We found the meatballs in tomato sauce to be slightly bland however. It needed more salt. For the main course we shared the short ribs and the lasagna. The short ribs were quite tasty and tender but nothing special. One of my wife's favorite dishes is short ribs so we've had several experiences at many restaurants to compare. The lasagna, however, was quite unique. It didn't taste like traditional lasagna (I'm 1/2 Italian) but the more we ate, the more we liked it! The homemade pasta and sauces made for a unique experience, quite smooth tasting and creamy.

I have to say the only disappointment was the dessert. By that time we were pretty full and only ordered some gelato so admittedly I can't say anything about the other desserts. The pistachio was not very flavorful and lacked depth. The best one was the fig and walnut flavor, followed by the coconut. We found the gelato to lack the creaminess of other gelatos we've had in Italy and several other premium gelato establishments.

The service was excellent and our waiter helped guide us through the menu with good suggestions.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

"Culina" is a noteworthy jewel in the "Four Seasons Beverly Hills" crown.

They are among the top three brunch venues in Los Angeles and well worth the cost, especially for family/friends and couple celebration events.

The food is first-rate and they have a magnificent and broad selection of stations and food types ot choose from, prepared by specialists of the categories offered.

A great celebration restaurant in a prime hotel and location.

1  Thank Rajamora
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Usually I do not eat in Hotel restaurants as they almost always disappoint me. This one is fantastic, very nice staff fresh good italian food and a winelist for wine lovers. The possibility to eat outside or inside is also great. Price/ quality food and wine is really good.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Liked everything especially Sunday brunch. Great service. There is nothing to dislike.get a table outside underneath a heater.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Culina Restaurant is located in Four Seasons Hotel Beverly Hills.. What a wonderful place to dine Chef Ashley create superb dishes..I love Italian Cuisine!! When I dine at Culina I before or after stop by Windows Lounge what a cozy place wonderful bites and cocktails!! Staff in both venues very professionals and nice with their guests. My favourite place!!!