Best Western Burbank Airport Inn
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
$127
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$333
$226
Official Site
  • Restaurant
$282
$276
  • Restaurant
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$152
$360
$339
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsnorth hollywooddouble parkuniversal studiosleave your keybob hope airportdonut shopfront deskbreakfast roombest westernscovered parkingfree parkinghard boiled eggsfree breakfastclean hotelyogurtexercise roomwould stay here again
Reviewed April 21, 2012

In my opinion this is a great place. Some people are not going to like it because of the location though. It was clean, spacious, quiet. The desk clerks were nice & helpful. The breakfast in the morning was your typical motel fair but good. The parking is the only weird thing. There are not enough spaces so you sometimes have to 'double up' cars in one long space. It was not the end of the world but just know that. Also, the neighborhood is not the highest class but I felt safe there. Just a place with lots of blue collar businesses (garages, mercados, etc.) around it. It's easy to find and easy access to the highway. Treat this nice place as your base camp for exploring LA. It's not a luxury hotel so just get some rest here and get out & explore.

Room Tip: Whatever you do ask to be place away from the elevator & breakfast room on the third floor. I did not stay here but I noticed 3 rooms in this area and was so thankful I was not placed here. It was noisy in this area.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank CruellaDenver
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We needed a room for just one night for our visit to Universal Studios and scored an excellent nightly rate on Priceline. Nearly every other reviewer has covered the bases. The location is good if you are thinking about being close to Universal. There is nothing around it except for the market and 7-11 across the street, both featuring homeless in the area. Not a real problem if you are looking for a decent night stay.

The rooms are actually pretty nice. Everything worked well. Good flat panel TV, comfortable bed, separate sink from shower and ample space. No pool, hot tub or restaurant on site. Workout room is 3 machines. Short summary; in any other neighborhood, this hotel would be 3.5 stars. It worked well for us at the price.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank JTL61
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I was looking for a place to stay near Universal Studios for 3 nights. Like Lostn Transit I didn't want to spend $180 a night plus $18 for parking at the hotel near Universal Studios so I decided to stay at this Best Western. My wife, my two kids, and I had a car so I didn't mind staying at this location, and we weren't going to stay out too late anyway. The hotel is in an industrial part of town as the reviewers say. I personally didn't think the location was as bad that some people made it out to be. Anyway, to get into the rooms of the hotel you would have to walk by the lobby/front desk. It's not a motel where you just park outside and walk to your door. Parking is inside and underneath the hotel and from there you walk to the lobby to get to all rooms.

The rooms are clean and the beds are decent. This place is probably at most 2 years old so everything looks fairly new (except for the worn towels). Instead of curtains, they have shutters. There is a minifridge, microwave, AC/fan, and 27" flat screen TV. The complimentary breakfast was decent. It had the basic danishes, bread, muffins, hard boiled eggs or scrambled eggs, cereal, oatmeal, and OJ. Also you can make your own waffles but there might be a line for that.

One of the complaints I had was that the shower head was one of those low flow ones, so you can't take a super quick shower. However, probably because of the low flows, there is always super hot water even during the morning rush (which even at nicer hotels is problematic). I also thought that the small hair dryer was a little weaker than the normal small hairdryers found at these hotels. Parking can be a problem but I was lucky to park on the side where you are not blocked for 2 nights. The other night I parked on the doubles side where you can get blocked. I did get blocked but in the morning the front desk person was able to move the truck out for me to get out. (You have to leave your key at the front desk if you are parking on the doubles side and are on the outside blocking some other vehicle).

Universal Studios is about a 20-25 minute drive. Hollywood is probably another 10 minutes away. There is a Ralph's and CVS which is about a 2 minute drive. I wouldn't stay here without a car. I didn't see the buses at all so the wait is probably quite long.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank PTO-Guy
Reviewed March 14, 2012

If this hotel were anywhere else it'd be double the price. It is in North Hollywood and smack in the middle of a hard working class hispanic neighborhood. I moved my daughter to her apartment that is 1/4 mile away from the property. The neighborhood isnt bad, just different than what one might expect a hotel to be in. Walking around out front at midnight on a weekend night isnt recommended. Yes the hotel could use security but the rooms are clean, the bed was comfortable and I got a good nights sleep. When the kids were little I would not have stayed there. Alone, I was fine and very comfortable. The breakfast is the traditional american free hotel breakfast. Coffee, cereal and breads and juice. Nothing close by to eat really, burgers, donuts, sushi etc..etc.. Nothing worth mentioning. Just an average, clean inexpensive hotel. Only real negative was the cold uncaring attitude of the front desk staff.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on the west side (opposite Lankershim blvd.) Pigeons outside the windows can get annoying.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank V_LFAV
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Just finished three nights at the Best Western Burbank Airport hotel.

I was traveling in LA with a larger group. They were staying at a Universal City hotel that was $180+. a night plus $18. for parking. That was more than what I wanted to spend, so I elected to save the $ and say a "short" distance away.

The front desk staff was great all three times I encountered them.

The room was very clean. In fact, I am not sure how old this building is, but based on the condition of my room, I would guess less than a year. All the furnishing/bath/bed were in excellent shape. The room was much larger than most I stay in.

If the was one minus, it was that I could here TV and kids voices through the walls between about 8 and 11 pm. I always travel with ear plugs to I used them. That managed to block out about 90% of the noise - enough to fall asleep.

I had a car, so I did not walk anywhere in the area surrounding the hotel. I had looked at it using google maps before I made the reservation and could tell based on experience that It would not be healthy for me to venture out. I drove into the under building parking lot each evening and drove out again the following morning. If I were you, I would plan on doing the same. I felt very safe driving to and from the hotel. The parking is free.

The continental breakfast was OK. Also free.

I paid under $90. per night (including tax). It was worth every penny.

Finally, the trip up from Universal City in the evening was a short 10-15 minutes drive. From the hotel to Universal City in morning rush hour was a tense 40 minutes in bumper to bumper, stop and go traffic.

The pic of the room does not do it justice. The photo captures maybe 1/5 of the room.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo