“Another Side of Los Angeles Tours - Walking Tour Review April 2013”

Another Side Of Los Angeles Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Los Angeles Highlights Tour: Santa Monica, Venice...
Ranked #10 of 259 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Our tours have been created with love, compassion, and forethought from beginning to the end. We treat our guests like family and we exist for any visitor that wants the best of the best tours in LA. We love Los Angeles and we are passionate about providing the finest tour services here. Our tours are perfect for families and corporate groups alike. Feel free to book via our secure website or by calling us at anytime.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My mom and I booked Another Side of Los Angeles walking tour of Beverly Hills last December (2012) for April 2013, when we would be in Los Angeles for an academic conference that I was attending. We had a super time touring, just the two of us, with our tour guide Matt C.! We met Matt at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel; we took public transit from downtown and were slightly late, but Matt waited for us and called my phone to confirm that we were on our way. We walked along Rodeo Drive, up into the area's residential section, and back down, through some commercial side streets. Matt was informative and engaged in his presentation about the area, both in content and style, and I certainly learned a lot from him. He stopped to take pictures of us at different landmarks. He thoughtfully answered our questions and gave us further advice on what to do and directions to our next adventure. I also just really enjoyed walking the streets of Beverly Hills because I feel that I developed a better sense of the area versus if I were to have just driven through it. Overall, this was an excellent experience and I would highly recommend taking Another Side of Los Angeles walking tour - with Matt, if you get the choice!

All reviews
"the miracle mile"
in 11 reviews
"private tour"
in 41 reviews
"santa monica and venice beach"
in 15 reviews
"personal tour"
in 12 reviews
"wilshire blvd"
in 9 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 18 reviews
"interesting facts"
in 13 reviews
"hollywood tour"
in 17 reviews
"la tour"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great day out, exceeds expectations... Travelled with son (13) and daughter (10) and rather than take a bus, car etc we tried out the Segway tour. Excellent training by J and Cameron... The kids took to it really quickly and had a blast. Did all the main sights plus rodeo drive winter eating tit bits along the way. Whilst not cheap, highly recommended for something different.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

It's my first time on a segway. They show a safety video first and then have you practice in their back parking lot before letting you venture out onto the streets. Dara was friendly and informative and fun!
Weather was sunny but cool, blue skies and perfect for being outside and we got to see a lot of the sights around Beverly Hills which would have been tricky by car and would take an awfully long time on foot as the distance is significant. Being on a segway makes this much easier and it's surprisingly easy and fun. The speed of travel can be controlled and it did not feel unsafe at any point as long as one is sensible about it. Balancing on the machine was really easy too.
It is not cheap but for something special to do on holiday I think it's worth the money.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I can't speak highly enough about Dara - she was an amazing tour guide and as it turned out my other half and I had a private tour. She was informative, friendly and made using the segway really easy - I would defintely recommend this tour - it's a great way to see another side to LA.