“Its pretty neat”

Madame Tussauds Hollywood
Ranked #49 of 612 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Located next door to the World Famous Chinese Theatre, Madame Tussauds is Hollywood's newest must-see attraction where you can see, touch and take photos with all of your favorite celebrities! We've taken down the museum-style ropes and poles so that YOU can get up-close and personal with Hollywood's biggest A-listers.Sit down for breakfast with Audrew Hepburn, dance with Patrick Swayze, ride a bike with everyone's favorite Extraterrestrial friend E.T., be serenaded by Justin Bieber, and shoot hoops with Kobe Bryant. With over 125 figures, there is something for everyone!LIKE us on Facebook or Tweet us at Tussaudsla!
Reviewed September 3, 2014

I had already been to the one in Vegas before going to this one but So i wasnt shocked by how "real" they look. However i did think they had some cute interactive photo ops. The how it was made section was great i like to see what goes into making one. There is a gift shop with candy and souvenir pictures you can purchase. Its right in the heart of Hollywood so its not far from other attractions. You can get a package if you plan on doing the Hollywood wax museum and Ripleys as well, its cheaper that way.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,907)
All reviews
in 185 reviews
"realistic"
in 143 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2014

We decided to go local during the Labor Day weekend so Hollywood was the 1st choice. We took the Metro so parking and traffic was not an issue. We are Merlin/Legoland Annual Passholders so admission to the attraction was free! Yay!!! We had so much fun! The wax personalities look so real (sometimes feel creepy!) - the eyes, teeth, hair and even the veins on their hands!!! Wow! We had fun taking pictures and posing with the stars!!! Lol! Even my 5yr old who has no idea who these people are had fun especially when we came to the wolverine/iron man/Thor/captain America area. The only downside is the area is a bit small and so it tends to be crowded. And there were not so many "stars"... Wish they would add more! Would go back? Of course!!! So I could take more pictures!!!

Reviewed September 2, 2014

This attraction was a lot of fun. Most of the wax statues looked very realistic and they were spaced out well so that it was easy to navigate around them, even with the crowds.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

My husband and I really liked the wax figures and especially the section on how the figures are made.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 31, 2014

My wife and I have lived in the Los Angeles area all our lives and so this was a trip to see a local site. The museum is in the center of Hollywood and so it’s crowded and parking is a bit of a pain. I’d agree with the recommendation to use the Hollywood and Highland Center parking and get the ticket validated at one of the stores for $2 for the first 2 hours which was more than enough time for us to see the museum. I’d definitely recommend bringing a camera because posing with the models and then posting them on social media will probably be the most fun. We spent a lot of time discussing how much the models didn’t look like some of the stars :-) The models were almost all movie and music stars (a few from sports and the president). I think it could have benefited from a little more diversity like famous people in history: authors, scientists or philosophers etc. It is quite expensive and even though we got 40% off discount tickets through my work I still felt it was kind of expensive. To me it’s a novelty venue, we enjoyed going and had fun especially because it was so different. We picked Madame Tussauds because it had much better ratings however now I’m a little curious to check out Hollywood Wax Museum just to see the difference.