“Good choice”

and 1 more site!
Trylon Hotel
Ranked #6 of 94 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Read some bad reviews and was really worried, dont know what people are complaining about. Room and bathroom are super clean, wifi works really well and is fast and only 2 blocks from hollywood blvd. Owners are really friendly and accommodating. would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joshhhw

Reviewed April 10, 2014

This was a brilliant stay made better by the friendly staff and fantastic location. What more could you ask for. Very clean, and the bed sheets are very soft. I would strongly recommend, 5 minutes walk to Hollywood Blvd! Came from England as a solo traveller, so the staff were quick to help point out the good places for me to visit.

Room Tip: New rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Orion J
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Was very friendly. Clean and cheap hotel. Close to everything we needed. Thank you all for making the end of our trip relaxing! We will be back for another holiday. I would recommend Trylon Hotel if you are on budget but don't want to stay in a dump of a hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DebandBernie
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Me and my friend were visiting Los Angeles for 10 days so we needed a hotel with really good location that wouldn't cost a fortune. I was very happy, when I found good ratings for this hotel in the heart of Hollywood!
If you know what to expect for this price (no breakfast, probably not so big rooms) than you will have a perfect stay. The fridge is a plus and I found the bed very comfortable. They also have a very good wifi connection. The towels and soaps/shampoos were daily changed. The hotel is clean and the neighborhood is ok (cafe, supermarket), we felt safe even late at night.
I would def recommend this hotel, because you can't get any closer for this price to the Walk of Fame! Also, the Universal Studios and Downtown can be easily reached by the metro which is only a short walk away (if you don't have a car).
Also the owners were friendly and helped whatever I needed!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bgama87
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed at trylon hotel 4 nigths and the staff was very helpful.We missed our connection fligth in Philadelphia so we arrived in LA one day later.The hotel doesn´t charged us the first nigth.The staff always was very kind.The room had a normal size and the new bathroom acceptable.The location was great considering that LA is huge!my advice:rent a car!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lissa_8
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My friend and I stumbled upon the Trylon when our airBnB condo fell through. There we were, in LA after traveling from Phoenix about 330 pm and were without a room or a backup. We pulled around the block to park and search for a hotel on our phones and my friend looked up and said, "Hey, there's one." I quickly searched for reviews on the Trylon and just kept my fingers crossed that they were right. We walked in and booked the room for 2 days at an incredibly reasonable price. Finding the Trylon is one of the best things that has happened for my frequent trips to LA. I love the area and going to Hollywood but wouldn't want to stay right on Hollywood Blvd. Franklin Ave is just north and is mostly beautiful apartments and homes and is just a quiet area that is just north of the main strip. If you are open-minded travelers and aren't looking to stay at the Ritz then this is the place for you. It doesn't have any crazy drug addicts trying to live there for months like other budget hotels in LA can be. It is just a quiet place, run by a great family who takes pride in their business. Our room was clean and tidy and perfect for what we needed it for... a place to sleep and do a tiny amount of business online in the morning (free wifi) and then get back out there for some fun. Our first night we walked the short distance to the Metro station and took the train down to Union Station to another part of LA where we were meeting a friend. Being so close to the Metro is great. We left our car with Eric, the cute older Persian gentlemen who watches the parking lot that we used for our stay (very reasonable $10 fee through the hotel) and felt comfortable going anywhere by foot knowing our car was safe. Our first day we walked to Hollywood Blvd and ate tacos at Dos Burritos, the little shop on the strip that's been there for 37 years, and loved the amazing food for so cheap. We shopped vintage shops, bought tickets to Book of Mormon at the Pantages (right down the road from hotel) and watched weirdos... one of my favorite Hollywood pastimes. In the evening, we found the hotel to be very quiet, barring the regular traffic noises, but even that is solved by closing the window. The water is hot, the pressure strong, coffee pot works and so the morning was great. There is a crepe cafe across the street that's amazing for coffee late into the night or crepes or "cake in a jar" in the morning. If you like scenic drives, Mulholland Dr is just up the road, as is Universal Studios.
After living in LA for a year and loving that Hollywood/Silver Lake/Echo Park/Griffith Park/Los Feliz area I can say that I'm so happy to have found a great hotel that is near to all of that, a quick train trip to downtown, and in the upper heart of Hollywood. For those travelers who expect a "chain hotel" type of feel... pass on this. You'll be like some of the others and write unwarranted bad reviews when really, it's your own fault you don't like it. If you like eclectic, friendly great finds and a place you can call your own when you visit LA, then give "KK", the owner and his family a try and do write a review for him. I'm all for supporting family businesses and these guys deserve good travel guests as much as we deserve a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs and it will be my choice again.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank Kathryn H
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Here are the top reasons you will love this hotel:
- The location is right smack in the heart of Hollywood. You will not believe how many times I have seen videos and clips from YouTube and on TV shows showing areas where we actually walked, shopped, and ate in Hollywood area.

- They mailed my husband's jacket, and our camera charger and battery! We obviously paid for the shipping, but they took the time to contact us that we left them and that they would gladly ship it to us!

- It's surrounded by restaurants, shops, coffee places, and drugstores. You literally only need to walk everywhere, including Hollywood boulevard.

- Their rooms are well designed; they may not be the most roomy, but the bathroom is clean and beautiful (for my taste) They have free coffee, TV, and a refrigerator. They also have an iron and ironing mat all for free. the best part? FREE WIFI.

- The cleaning lady always gives us fresh towels every day.

- They have parking contracted so your car is safe if you road tripped.

- You can't beat the price!

- They offer military discount!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple