“Amazing deal and location!!!! Stay nowhere else!”
Review of Trylon Hotel

Trylon Hotel
Ranked #7 of 91 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
West Hollywood, California
“Amazing deal and location!!!! Stay nowhere else!”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Speaking candidly as a seasoned world-traveler, I have, needless to say, spent probably have of my life frequenting hotels due to the nature of my profession. I am not an "expert" but have stayed in some of the absolute worst and absolute best hotels in the USA and Europe. This being said, I have nothing but praise and felicitation regarding my stay at the Trylon Hotel in LA. Firstly, the service is superlative; the staff is extremely friendly and accommodating, amiable and earnest (which, by the way, is very rare in the Hollywood are). Secondy, the price is unbeatable in this town unless you want to sleep in a cockroach-infested hostel. The Trylon genuinely offers affordable and exceedingly clean rooms. No worries about bedbugs or insects. And you honestly cannot beat the location! 5-10 minute walk from Hollywood Blvd and Sunset! The manager and his son are unbelievably hospitable and sincerely affable people. To the people complaining about no breakfast and loud noises, listen: THIS IS LA!!! This is a city and yes there is naturally traffic on the streets! believe me, you would still hear traffic even if you were staying at the Hilton! And you honesty can barely hear any traffic. Breakfast?! Walk 50 feet across the street, there's an excellent cafe there! This hotel is the best in the Hollywood area, hands down! One word: SUPERB.
!

Room Tip: Every room here is great.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank laughitup
trylonhotel, Owner at Trylon Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Hello Eston

Thank you very much for taking your time to post simply amazing review it's a first class.Myself and my family really appreciate it we look forward to extend our hospitality to you at anytime.

Devang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Finnish first
California City, California
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I had been at another hotel but they did not have any rooms for me when I decided to extend my stay - and I decided on this hotel simply based on the reviews given here. Bad mistake. The heater / air-con system was louder than the TV, and the fridge's cooling system was no
better. I could also hear irregular banging sounds from the next room - I don't care what people do, I just don't want to hear it. I decided to ignore all that because I was on holiday, and since I had extended my stay, I didn't have enough clean clothes. Lo and behold - laundry
service is only available 10-6, when tourists are out enjoying their time in LA.

In addition, the bed felt like it was ready to retire, and the pillows were more like couch cushions - small and flat. The showerhead was at shoulder level. The parking was 2 traffic light stops away. Thankfully it was not in the middle of winter.

I know that hotels in LA don't come cheap, and I agree that the location is good. But I'm better off at a high-end hostel than this.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank j w
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I traveled with my sister in law her husband and our 2 girls on Nov 4th from WA Kennewick. We arrived in LA at night at night so the Hotel we got was Trylon.We parked on the street, my sister in law and I went in to make reservations. The manager kiki looked us up and down and asked how many we were. We said 5.He quickly said he was fully booked. It sounded strange we went out told my brother in law. He went in alone asked for rooms kiki asked the number of people and he said 5.Kiki then asked him if he was with the 2 black women who had just been there. He said no. He paid for the room and came out for us. Can you imagine the look on Kiki’s face when we all walked in.FYI my brother in law in Latino. Does such racial discrimination still exist? Never been so mad in America! Really kiki.I was so mad did not slep a wink. The next night we stayed at Safari Lodge in Burbank $20 cheaper and execellent service.

Room Tip: I was discriminated against i really have nothing good to say about this place.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank charity r
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Good location - 10-15 minutes easy walk to the Chinese Theatre. Reasonable price. Friendly and helpful staff. There are no breakfast facilities in the hotel, but there are food shops and a cafe/restaurant close by. An Enterprise car hire depot is 2 streets away.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DHW52
Varsity Lakes, Australia
Reviewed November 4, 2011

This was a great place to stay in LA, very very close to the Walk of Fame and central Hollywood. We stumbled upon this little hotel and so glad we stayed for the night. The rooms were clean and tidy and had everything we needed for a night in the heart of Hollywood. Devang and his wife were very very hospitable and couldnt be more friendly and helpful. They kindly offered us free storage and parking even after our check out - which is a huge bonus in the heart of L.A. We would definitely stay here again when we visit LA in the future. Thank you for a great night stay in your hotel and hope to see you again soon.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
trylonhotel, Owner at Trylon Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Hello Renae and Rob

I am sure things are wonderful in Australia it was absolutely a pleasure having you and your
husband in our Hotel. It was really nice talking with both of you. Thank you for humble and gourgous review . Look forward to see you both again.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is by far the best hotel for location and service we have stayed at in our last 3 months of travelling. The owners are fantastic people who bend over backwards to help. We stayed for a week when we first landed in USA and couldn't have felt more at home. Will definitely stay again for sure! Walking distance to all things necessary. Wonderful, friendly atmosphere by all that work there. Very highly recommended! Thanks to everyone at the Trylon Hotel for making our stay relaxing, stress-free and enjoyable! :) Luke & Kelly - Australia

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
trylonhotel, Owner at Trylon Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Hello my friends

Luke and Kelly

Such a nice review and you remember everything after a month . You two are great

people don't change and enjoy your VW absolutely look forward to see you .

Goodluck

Oslo
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Located within walking distance to Hollywood. Very friendly staff and the rooms are clean. The room had a strong smell reminding of incense, so maybe not for the most sensitives noses...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends