“Very helpful family run hotel.”
Review of Trylon Hotel

and 1 more site!
Trylon Hotel
Ranked #6 of 94 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My wife and I spent 4 nights during July and were very happy with the room. Even though the hotel was a liittle old, the room was clean and well appointed with good size bathroom, closet, comfortable bed, tv and big fridge. The staff (father & son) were so helpful it made it seem as if we were staying with friend rather than customers. Parking was availiable just across the road at a small fee, but is great if like us you were on a driving holiday as parking in the area was hard to come by. The hotels best feature would have to be it's location. Being only 2 blocks away from Hollywood Blvd it was an easy walk to most of the strips main attractions. Would recomend this hotel to anyone who spends thereholiday out and about and needs a good clean comfortable safe hotel to come back to.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
trylonhotel, Owner at Trylon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Hello my friends

You have done it I just read the review it's awesome we are touched thank you very much for

being so generous .Look forward to see you again.

Devang

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Spent a week here in July, joined by my son in an adjoining family room (shared bathroom), and found the accommodations very pleasant. I also stayed in a single room, as well.
As someone who's worked in the Building Maintenance field for many years, I found the level of care to this facility far exceeded my expectations. Having stayed not far away in a hotel in the Hollywood Hills, for a week in July with my family, I came to the conclusion that sometimes you get more than what you pay for. The owners live in the building, and their presence reflects a pride of ownership. Devang (the owner) is one of the most pleasant people you'll meet. How anyone can remain cheerful, and optimistic, in the sometimes cold and impersonal world of Hollywood, is a mystery to this small town reviewer.
He, his wife and son, and his parents all live on site. In fact, they grow some of their own vegetables in the yard next to the hotel's entrance.
The hotel was being given a facelift by the benefit of an exterior paint job when I visited.
The reason I was there was to help my son, a student in the area, move out of the apartment complex next door, and move to another part of the city. Devang (I hope I'm spelling his name correctly) called me, and my son, by our first names. He offered to help my son in his transitional move, and we took him up on his offer.
Another reviewer mentioned a coffee shop in the neighborhood. The Solar de Cahuenga, a couple of minutes walk away, specializes in crepes, but offers a eclectic mix of coffees, teas, cappuccino, breakfast/lunch/dinner with indoor/outdoor seating in the midst of what I understand are students and screenwriters taking advantage of the wireless access and great food. Never tired of it!
I've only written one other review, and you'll find that I can be critical. I won't bother with most places I stay, because service and genuine caring about the customer is usually routine and unremarkable. I make the exception here because the level of customer service, and genuine desire to please, is indeed genuine. Value, is what's offered here.
Hotel Trylon also offers wireless internet throughout the building, and parking is available.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Hotel is located close to Hollywood boulevard (5 min walking distance). Rooms are basic but very clean and comfortable. The family running this hotel are friendly and helpful. Room was cleaned and towels were changed everyday. Parking available for extra charges.

It's a good value for money in an expensive place like LA.

• Stayed: August 2011

Hello

Thank you for taking your time to post a review for us we very much appriciate for you doing this

also being very kind and generous to us. Look forward to see you again

Devang

Reviewed June 30, 2011

Me and my girlfriend stayed at Trylon for 3 nights in the end of june. The location of this hotel is just SUPER!! All the main attractions of Hollywood is nearby and just a few minutes walking distance from the front desk. Walk of Fame, Kodak Theatre, (Hollywood Sign) etc. The staff is also very friendly and helpful:)

We stayed in a newly refurbished room, without carpet on floor! A bit small rooms, however, flat screen and a big fridge. Value for money! Some noise from Franklin Ave and a few harmless homeless people in the area, but still safe to walk at night.

Great parking lot. ($10 per day)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mariosantana
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I was forced to move from another hotel due to their incompetence in part of very poor WIFI service. The Trylon Hotel was Very Nice. The Owners went out of their way to make sure my stay was perfect. The Room was clean and smelled pleasant, the fridge was huge and worked flawlessly, the bed was very comfortable and the bath was more than adequate. My only recommendation would be to have a desk in the room for using laptops. I think the hotel is one of the nicest I have stayed at in the Hollywood area for the price. Parking is only a few steps away and the location is perfect. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank diamond6Phoenix_AZ_
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I stayed here for a week with my partner. For the price, I think we got great service and most of all the location is fantastic- close to Hollywood and Sunset. Also, great coffee shop across the road and parking is close by-so it ticks all the boxes

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sheral_11
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We were very impressed by our visit to this clean, quiet hotel. It has been owned by the same family for 15 years and they were all very nice and friendly to us. It is situated within walking distance to downtown Hollywood. Parking was off-site at a nearby gas station. There is a cute coffee shop across the street that is tasty but expensive. We felt safe and liked being able to open our windows at night. We were impressed with having a non-carpeted room (new bamboo floor instead), a flat-screen TV and a mini-fridge. The cost was more than reasonable compared to other nearby hotels if you're not looking for multiple amenities.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple