All reviews korea town korean bbq burger restaurant wiltern theater complimentary wine purple line wine reception hardwood floors brick wall continental breakfast valet parking street noise metro station light sleeper yogurt rooms are small would definitely stay here again
Selected filters
Reviewed July 13, 2016

It's not outright bad, but lots of little things were wrong: keycard didn't work in door (which I overheard is common), tables in the breakfast room were dirty and piled with dishes not being taken away, plates and glasses and hot water were chronically in short supply at breakfast, television guide constantly says it is 4:00 PM December 31 (today is July 13), there is one elevator which is slow, hot and cold water in shower is inconsistent, and "city view" room looks out at a strip mall. It is what it is and should be called that: this should be a budget hotel, not considered a "boutique" hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2016

Great location. Average breakfast. Close to all public transport. The best staff of any hotel I have ever stayed. Rooms are a decent size. Reception area is great. Good internet. Putting microwaves in rooms would make it perfect.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JR B, Front Office Manager at Hotel Normandie, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am happy to hear you appreciated the location, our staff and some of the amenities we offer. I will admit, our complimentary breakfast is pretty basic, but is meant to be a quick morning meal for those on the go and having a complimentary breakfast option in a hotel with a full service restaurant that also serves breakfast to order is not usual. Lastly, thank you for the suggestion about microwaves in the room. We exam at our next management meeing the idea of getting a couple microwaves that can be placed in rooms upon request. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and please reach out to me or my staff directly if you need anything!

jr@hotelnormandiela.com

Reviewed July 7, 2016

Everything is clean and original, you can really tell they spent a lot of time with the details of restoring this place. The beds are super comfortable, tv available with cable channels, fridge in the room, desk and mirror for the ladies to get ready. Walking distance to all of Koreatowns best restaurants, bars, and clubs. Central to downtown la and hollywood so ubers wont cost alot.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so very much for your review! We're happy to hear you appreciated the preservation of the hotel. An award winning architect fell in love with the building when he purchased it and restoring it, while preserving its history, has been a passion of his. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and please reach out to me or my staff directly if you need anything!

Reviewed July 6, 2016

This was a family vacation, concentrating on visiting LA's art museums. The location was convenient to the 720 bus and the purple line on the subway. The best part was the staff. The friendly breakfast servers made you feel like you were their guests. Peer at the front desk was a huge hit. We all want to come back and see him again. The decor was distinctive; it gave the place a lot of character. The bed was comfortable. The room was quiet. No complaints about the bathroom. Even the smell of the lobby was special. There are lots of Korean BBQ places nearby. I would stay there again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so very much for writing such a kind review! We're happy to have been of service and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

jr@hotelnormandiela.com

Reviewed July 5, 2016

As soon as you enter through the doors of the Hotel Normandie, you'll feel like you were transported to the setting of a hard boiled detective story. The staff were courteous and friendly from the get-go. They even offered complimentary wine! How many hotels could you list with that perk? The hotel room was a bit small but it was extremely clean and modern. They have this great neighboring burger spot on the first floor too. I can go on and on about the pros about this hotel but I'll stop. Whenever I'm back in L.A., I'll be booking a room at this place.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so very much for your review! We're happy to hear you appreciated the historic look of the hotel. An award winning architect fell in love with the building when he purchased it and restoring it while preserving its history has been a passion of his. I am also glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary amenities like the wine reception. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and please reach out to me or my staff directly if you need anything!