“Touch of Como on Beverly”
Review of Della Terra

Della Terra
Reserve with OpenTable
Della Terra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,144 of 10,404 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Cross street: Spaulding
Description: Della Terra is a place where fine italian food, authentic italian experience, and a good time can truly come together in an elegant, yet comfortable atmosphere.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The owner assisted with dinner selections that we thoroughly enjoyed. For our group of 4, we brought two bottles of our own wine, which was corked and poured by our waiter throughout our meal ($15 corkage/bottle). The artichokes were perfectly prepared in the wood-fired oven with a slight char and a tasty aioli dip; the mushroom pizza was similarly fine, as was the whole, salt-encrusted branzino--all cooked in the wood-fired oven-- and the sausage pasta, that the kitchen agreed, at our special request, to prepare with rigatoni, instead of the usual fettucine. The salmon also was delicious. The preparations were well-executed--nothing exotic but uniformly tasty. The outdoor patio was lovely. We will be back. We welcome finding another mid-priced Italian restaurant with gustatory flair and welcoming ambiance, like Amore on Sunset or Osteria Nonna on Melrose.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This restaurant is right across from CBS studios and within walking distance from The Grove. They have the best crab cakes in Los Angeles. The crab cakes are worth visiting just for them. The Ravioli Tarlufi (porcini mushroom with black truffles and butter sauce) is also a must do. Pizza is also a good choice. I would skip the shrimp brochettes or anything with french fries. For some reason the french fries here do not make the cut and really how hard is it to do french fries? Large screen TV across from the bar to watch sports. If you are visiting Los Angeles this place is a great find.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Della Terra is my favorite restaurant when I am in LA. It's not fancy, but it's nice. I love the decor, soft gray-green walls inside with vintage edison lighting, banquette seating and a nice bar along the opposite wall. The patio is great when the weather is nice (practically always in LA!) It has more of a neighborhood vibe to it than some of the over-the-top places down the street in Beverly Hills or West Hollywood, which I like.
The service has always been spot on. No complaints and everyone is super friendly. The food, I think, is perfect. Complimentary appetizers are warm olives in olive oil (delish!) along with a terrific warm flatbread with a pesto olive oil dipping sauce. Yum! For starters, I can never decide between the tuna tartare or the carpaccio. Many times I order both, and then I can't eat my dinner! Oh, but it's worth it! I think my favorite entree is the salmon served on a celery root puree, but I like the branzino, too. There's osso bucco, lamb chops, risotto and more and it is all very good. I never have room for dessert, so I can't comment but the list looks divine. They also have a nice wine list with reasonably priced, good wines. Enjoy!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My New Favorite Restaurant

I just got back home after having dinner with my son at Della Terra. He told me there was a good Italian restaurant we should try. He was wrong. Della Terra was great. Portions were generous, the pasta sauce nuanced and beautifully seasoned, my mushroom pizza was absolutely delicious, and the prices were beyond reasonable. Add to all this excellent service (Kaitlin, you were fantastic and friendly) and the concern for the customer (the owners personally made sure we were happy). I loved the patio - there was just enough street noise to remind me I was in the city but not so much that it made it difficult to talk). I really loved this restaurant (hard to tell, huh?) and will make the drive from Palos Verdes to Beverly Blvd. just to eat there again. PS Tuesday nights offers a three course dinner for $15. You can't beat that!

Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Stopped by for lunch and had a pizza and a salad. Food was very tasty and other food looked good as well.

Service was good but it wasn't very busy so no major comments on that end.

Very nice place for a Sunday brunch!