“Awesome way to get acclimated”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of LA City Tours

and up
6-Hour Los Angeles City Tour
Ranked #28 of 239 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Join Los Angeles' most experienced and acclaimed tour guides as we take you on a sweeping, thrill packed tour of the Entertainment Capital of the World! Sample the rich history, diverse culture, sun-drenched beaches and pulsating movie tempos of Los Angeles. With a movie star on every corner, and surprises galore awaiting you, LA City Tours has packaged the most popular and requested sites throughout the vast experience known as the City of Angels.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Babylon, New York
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Awesome way to get acclimated”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We took this tour early on in our Hollywood vacation. The tour company got us at our hotel and we were able to spend the entire day seeing ALL of the sights! We had several twenty minute stops along the way and our tour guide was fantastic. Well worth the money.

South Burlington, Vermont
“DO NOT GO ON THIS TOUR!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

My family went on an LA City Tour on February 28. It was horrific. We were supposed to be in a covered van and after we paid were told the only vehicle available was an open van. The tour started in the late afternoon and we ran into the worst traffic jam you could possibly imagine. We did not move for almost an hour! Our tour guide acted like it was the first time there was this amount of traffic at that time of the day. They should not have run the tour into the teeth of afternoon traffic. The guide almost left two people at a viewing spot. Because we were so delayed, it got dark and cold. Everyone was freezing. The traffic on Hollywood Blvd on the way back from Beverly Hills was equally paralyzing. When we finally arrived back after about 3.5 hours for a scheduled 2 hour tour with no bathroom stops, I spoke to the person behind the desk to complain and his response was "what do you want from me?". A couple of days later I finally reached the owner, a woman named Monique, by phone and she was equally unsympathetic. When I told her I wanted some money refunded due to the terrible experience we had, she first laughed at me and then reluctantly agreed to credit my credit card a TOTAL of $20 for four people. Knowing that I would get no where with this clearly unreasonable woman who was clueless about the value of customer service and goodwill, I agreed to accept the refund. However, to add insult to injury, she never credited the card, even after taking all my information and falsely representing that the refund would be credited to my card. The people who run this tour are arrogant and just want to get your money from you as fast as they can, then they pull the switch and tell you to drop dead.

Visited February 2013
“Never choose this tour!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

The scene is terrible as well as the tour guide. I have my own car, why bother paying you and having you taken me in a car for a tour? Everything is totally boring and I almost fell asleep.

Manila
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“fell short of my expectations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I made reservations for this thru Days Inn Hollywood which gave us $5 discount per ticket. But since the hotel is just a few steps from Hollywood Walk of Fame where they have their office, I was offered a tikcet for less than $15 as long as I will pay in full. I told the guy at the counter about my hotel reservation. He told me not to worry about it. He will sort it out with the hotel. I grabbed his offer and paid the bill, ecstatic that I got a good deal. On the day of the tour, they had this burly Asian lady talk to me that I have to return the discount because they have an agreement with the hotel. Since it was alraedy too late to back out (even if there are other tours available), I coughed the money. But it was not a good start for the tour. The tour guide (a lesbian) was very good. But she left one participant in beach because he didnt get on the bus on time! We covered many places though but it would be better if we were dropped off in Sta. Monica Pier instead of Venice beach, The stars' homes that she showed us were 98% that of "stars" we dont know or who have died a long time ago. No Jennifer Aniston. No Tom Cruise. The only memorable ones are those of Simon Cowell and Lindsay Lohan

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Tanya R
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Saw all the sights”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Taking a tour is the only way to see LA and Hollywood in a day. This tour was recommended by the concierge (seems the hotel gets a cut) and was perfect for us as we took the 9:15 tour and were done by 3:30. They picked us up at the hotel and took us back, though we were close enough anyway. Excellent review. The guide was quite good, but the group was international and so there were some language barriers that made his fairly humorous comments fall flat on many. This tends to discourage even the best comics!

Visited March 2013