“Never choose this tour!!!!!”
Review of LA City Tours

$49.00*
Hollywood Celebrity and Stars' Homes Tour
Ranked #30 of 251 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Join Los Angeles' most experienced and acclaimed tour guides as we take you on a sweeping, thrill packed tour of the Entertainment Capital of the World! Sample the rich history, diverse culture, sun-drenched beaches and pulsating movie tempos of Los Angeles. With a movie star on every corner, and surprises galore awaiting you, LA City Tours has packaged the most popular and requested sites throughout the vast experience known as the City of Angels.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The scene is terrible as well as the tour guide. I have my own car, why bother paying you and having you taken me in a car for a tour? Everything is totally boring and I almost fell asleep.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I made reservations for this thru Days Inn Hollywood which gave us $5 discount per ticket. But since the hotel is just a few steps from Hollywood Walk of Fame where they have their office, I was offered a tikcet for less than $15 as long as I will pay in full. I told the guy at the counter about my hotel reservation. He told me not to worry about it. He will sort it out with the hotel. I grabbed his offer and paid the bill, ecstatic that I got a good deal. On the day of the tour, they had this burly Asian lady talk to me that I have to return the discount because they have an agreement with the hotel. Since it was alraedy too late to back out (even if there are other tours available), I coughed the money. But it was not a good start for the tour. The tour guide (a lesbian) was very good. But she left one participant in beach because he didnt get on the bus on time! We covered many places though but it would be better if we were dropped off in Sta. Monica Pier instead of Venice beach, The stars' homes that she showed us were 98% that of "stars" we dont know or who have died a long time ago. No Jennifer Aniston. No Tom Cruise. The only memorable ones are those of Simon Cowell and Lindsay Lohan

1  Thank Tanya R
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Taking a tour is the only way to see LA and Hollywood in a day. This tour was recommended by the concierge (seems the hotel gets a cut) and was perfect for us as we took the 9:15 tour and were done by 3:30. They picked us up at the hotel and took us back, though we were close enough anyway. Excellent review. The guide was quite good, but the group was international and so there were some language barriers that made his fairly humorous comments fall flat on many. This tends to discourage even the best comics!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Having just returned from our break in LA, we cannot recommend LA City Tours highly enough.

There are many different tours you can choose from & they come to collect you from the hotel, so you don’t have the trouble & expense of getting to Hollywood to meet the tour.

The buses are clean, comfortable & all of the staff are so passionate about what they do – even the guys who are in the ticket office. The staff have a great knowledge of the city & all have real good senses of humour which is really admirable when they must do the same tours day in, day out.

The tours are well priced & they really do take you to some great locations & some great areas to capture some amazing photos. As your transported on mini buses, you can access roads that a coach or double decker bus wouldn’t be able to access.

Many of the hotels will recommend a tour where they get a cut of the compensation but I would recommend you go with LA City Tours. We tried a different tour company on our first day in LA & we thought it was good, until we went on a tour with LA City Tours. We then re-done the tour we did on the first day & it was longer, more detail, more humour, more information & cheaper!

The staff are also exceptional.

5  Thank garethjenny2013
Reviewed February 5, 2013

this was real good value for money, it took us to Venice beach, downtown LA, Hollywood walk of fame, beverley hills and rodeo drive, our driver whose name was Micheal was excellent and had a brilliant knowledge of LA. A safe way to get round LA if you don't want to drive yourself, the only downside was the the tour of celebrites houses, you may as-well call it a tour of celebrities gates. The highlight was going to a viewing point of LA and the hollywood sign, a real breathtaking view.

3  Thank mark t