“Great Food & Service”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Food was very tasty and fresh. Service was excellent and accomandating. Location was close to our rental car agency, Enterprise and our hotel San Pedro Inn & Suites. Prices were reasonable for the portions served.

There are newer reviews for Green Onion

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Steps away from the Crown Plaza Hotel. For you cruisers who stop overnight in San Pedro before or after your cruise, you have to try this place. The food is great and the atmosphere authentic. Great staff, service, and location.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Wow, this place is usually pretty good. I hadn’t been there in a while and was a little concerned when I was able to get parking close by (That is usually an issue) When we got inside I was put at ease by the hoist who told us there was about a 30 minute wait for two. Okay they must still be as great as in times past. I can tell you it is kind of hit and miss with the clientele sometime the language can be drunken sailor level, but most the time it’s good. (Sorry if you enjoy drunken sailor language). Okay I ordered the Chile Relleno, enchilada and taco, I ordered the Taco and Enchilada with Chicken instead of beef. It comes with the standard Refried Beans and Spanish rice. It’s usually very good, but this time I was a little disappointed. If you have read my other reviews you know I really enjoy Chile Rellenos and I have gotten them here before and enjoyed them, this time it was like a mix of egg and chile pieces (Like an omelet) wrapped around melted cheese It was not a whole chile. Don’t get me wrong, it tasted great, all that cheesy goodness, but I expected a whole chile flame broiled peeled and stuffed, bathed in the frothy eggs wash, pan fried and covered in relleno sauce and cheese drizzled over the top, mmmmmm good. Okay off to the Taco (I know weird I eat one at a time and finish before going to the next) Not bad, better last time again. The chicken was like a poached chicken and shredded no spices whatsoever? The put into a shell they made fresh there and the regular lettuce chesses and tomato. Not too exciting I like flavor this was just bland. Okay on to the enchilada – if you have read my reviews you know I am a fan of one chicken enchilada and I am spoiled by my wife’s chicken enchiladas. I have yet to find anything close to her recipe. Sadly, after trying this one, I still have found nothing close. The same poached chicken and no cheese? No flavor. It was okay though as they did put cheese on the outside and the sauce was good. On the high note h beans and rice were very good and they keep the chips and salsa flowing. I still give them a high mark because of all the tomes I have been here, this was the only time I have been disappointed. Also, my wife and I talked after the meal about the food she said her Tacos (Her favorite) she has them made with the shredded beef were very good the meat had spices and she is an expert at tacos like I am at Chile Rellenos. The Prices are very reasonable, remember I’m a cheapskate (I mean I’m frugal) and this particular Friday night, they had a strolling band (Not quite Mariachi but along that line of music)

Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed overnight at the nearby Crowne Plaza and needed dinner.
The Green Onion was pretty well packed out on a Sunday night and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. I claim no expertise in Mexican food, but we enjoyed the 2 dishes we ordered from the extensive menu. When the food arrived it was 4 times what we could eat and we shared a bottle of excellent Merlot which was priced at only $18 - incredible value.
Many of the patrons left with a big grin and a styrofoam box containing the remains of their meal.
We recommend Green Onion to everyone who is not on a diet.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

we had a late lunch here after our cruise and was very happily surprised by the quality of the food and the great service we received. Loved all the Christmas decorations as we walked in. Highly recommend the Chili Relleno and the green sauce on anything is GREAT!